Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boruc to leave Celtic

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    paul mate...may i ask what your reaction (HONESTLY ;)) was to these incidents?

My reaction to those incidents:

- Gazza: the flute thing just confirmed what I thought of him all along, great player that he was, he's a to55er. ;) Did he anger the fans? Yeah sure, but how many fans went to the police about it?
    - The huddle: done to wind-up the fans, personally didn't bother me. Obviously did some fans to the point of violence, which is ridiculous.

I don't think you are comparing like with like though. Look at the video of Boruc blessing himself and listen to the dogs abuse he's getting from the Rangers fans - even before he's anywhere near the goal. Now I don't give a ****e about that, but my point is - and I said this before when this blessing thing came about - that if you dish it out, be prepared to take it back like a man, rather than go crying to the police like the Rangers fans did that day. I honestly thought it was pathetic, and shameful that Boruc blessing himself (as he does at every match) became a police issue for Rangers fans.

I don't hurl personal abuse at matches - it's just not my style - have never done it and never would, but I've no real issue with others doing so if they so choose. If Rangers fans want to abuse Boruc, fine with me - but be prepared to take a bit of stick back and don't go running to the police with this "...he abused us... and... and... then I actually saw him BLESS himself". Pathetic. That's what blew this whole thing out of proportion.

As an aside on the "hun" thing - I have to admit to using that term a few times, but I guess it's all about how you use it, and I would like to think I use it in a good-natured/banter sense (feel free to throw a barrage of "tim", "fenian", "mhanks" etc. etc, right back at me!). :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Mate....i honestly think the guys who went to the ploice embarrased themselves and the club that day.
    but for me the gesture boruc makes AFTER blessing himself was a very stupid thing to do.
    And boruc behaviour since then leads me to believe that the guy could become a liability.

on Gazza's flute, he recieved a ban from the SFA for it, they didnt get involved with boruc at any time...including all the other times he has made gestures to fans.
    On the huddle, rangers were punished financially by the SFA for this.

As for the hun thing...it really doesnt bother me if used in a jokey manner, its all banter. it only gets to me when used constantly as a derogatary term when your trying to have a conversation with another human being.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    And boruc behaviour since then leads me to believe that the guy could become a liability.

on Gazza's flute, he recieved a ban from the SFA for it, they didnt get involved with boruc at any time...including all the other times he has made gestures to fans.

No way is Boruc a liability. He's off-the-wall, but people who are brilliant at something frequently are. Seriously, what has he done that you would consider more than simply a wind-up? I honestly, and I mean honestly, can't think of anything he's done against Rangers fans outside of wind-ups in response to abuse from them. What's for the SFA to investigate? Not shaking hands? Waving a champions flag? Blessing himself?

I really think we need more like him, I really do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,345 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

astrofool wrote: »
    Anyway, like all SPL players, he'll never be great until he can prove himself in another league :p

Ahh, the small mind really does work in wondrous ways :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    QFT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Well, I'm half scots, so I can look down on them all I want :p (dons fan btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

astrofool wrote: »
    Well, I'm half scots, so I can look down on them all I want :p (dons fan btw)

then you have no right to look down on anyone sheep lover ;)

Advertisement