Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for wedding I'm not attending

Options
  • 11-12-2007 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Not sure if this is the best place for this question, but anyway...
    I have friends getting married over Christmas and I won't be able to attend the wedding. Just wondering what the normal standard of wedding gift is in this case?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Get them a sorry I can't be there but there's always the divorce, card. Couples getting married these days have turned into greedy whores and usually won't accept anything other than money and they expect quiet a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Do they have a gift list in arnotts or anything? Give them vouchers for their local shopping centre, €100 is plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yeah I had this problem. Couldn't go but bought the gift off their list anyway as they were close personal friends. Depends on the relationship IMO but €100 seems to be the going rate these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

money is the in thing!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

is_that_so wrote: »
    Depends on the relationship IMO but €100 seems to be the going rate these days.
    ...and how much if you did bother to turn up for the feed and drinks then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

robinph wrote: »
    ...and how much if you did bother to turn up for the feed and drinks then?

I'd spend the same on the present whether I'm going or not. I'd spend more on a very close friend / family member.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Family the weekend that ill be missing as i'm out of the country, I just sent a card and cash

Advertisement