Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, who wants this for Xmas? (The Bards Stories)

• 11-12-2007 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7138044.stm

Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee
    BBC wrote:
    JK Rowling has premiered a collection of fairy tales which she first mentioned in Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows at a reading in London.
    The world famous author has hand-written and illustrated just seven copies of the Tales Of Beedle The Bard.

One will be sold to raise money for her Children's Voice charity at an auction at Sotheby's in London later this week.

Rowling will give away the remaining copies of the stories to those closely connected with the Potter books.

'Fair fortune'

The Tales Of Beedle The Bard played a central role in the seventh book.

A volume was left to the character Hermione Granger by Hogwarts head teacher Albus Dumbledore.

It provided clues to help Harry and his friends in their quest to defeat his nemesis Lord Voldemort.

Rowling has no plans to publish the fairy tales - and Sotheby's expect the auctioned book to sell for up to £50,000.

Each of the seven copies are bound in brown Morocco leather and mounted with different semi-precious stones.

A dedication written in the front of the book says: "Six of these books have been given to those most closely connected to the Harry Potter books during the last 17 years.

"This seventh copy will be auctioned; the proceeds to help institutionalised children who are in desperate need of a voice. So to whoever now owns this book, thank you - and fair fortune be yours!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

As Hermoine (Emma Watson) already has one (prof Dumbledore gave it to her), do you think if she gets another one she would consider giving it to me :):):) haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

RAFC wrote: »
    As Hermoine (Emma Watson) already has one (prof Dumbledore gave it to her), do you think if she gets another one she would consider giving it to me :):):) haha

lol^^

im sure they'll be mass produced sooner or later

KamiKazi wrote: »
    lol^^

im sure they'll be mass produced sooner or later
    I have no doubt you're right, when JK is short a few 'bob' she will put them into circulation lol
    :cool: :) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Oh man! I would love a copy!

Back of the queue LadyJ :D:D:D lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Here's a taster to tide you over!

Each of the books is individually handcrafted and drawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

As much as I enjoyed reading the HP series, that is a ridiculous amount to pay for a book.

¬_¬

>_>

<_<

I WANT ONE!

Advertisement