Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Than 2 Drives in Antec Fusion...

Options
  • 11-12-2007 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

I have an Antec Fusion case for my HTPC. I've 2 x 500GB disks in it. At the moment, they're RAID 0. (What?... I *like* having all my eggs in one convenient location! ;))

However, what I'd ideally like is to get a 3 or 4 disk RAID 5 setup. My big problem is that the Antec Fusion officially only houses two 3.5" disks. There is the 5.25" bay, but that's occupied with a DVD drive. Does anyone have any suggestions, either from those who have experience with the same model case or anyone who can think of another idea? Perhaps some advice on how to safely physically mount a drive?

I do have a D-Link NAS, but it's cursedly loud. I'd rather not have to have that attached to the HTPC and switched on everytime I want to use my HTPC. Plus, as I mentioned, I'd like to RAID 5 if I could.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you're looking for space when there is none :rolleyes: what about the bay above the DVD drive? You could secure a 3.5" in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Hey L31mr0d,

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing... And that's why I'm turning to my innovative brethern on Boards! :p Thanks for the reply.

The 3.5" bay is an option of sorts; there's a VFD there already. Physically inside the case however, there is a good bit of space. There's just no proper mounting brackets. Seems such a shame really, they definitely could have factored that in when designing it...

Anyone else have any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I dont know this for sure but there is such an abundance of case mods out there couldnt you find a conversion kit to give you brackets to mount the drives on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

goodlad wrote: »
    I dont know this for sure but there is such an abundance of case mods out there couldnt you find a conversion kit to give you brackets to mount the drives on?

Yeah, that's what I'm kinda hoping for. But I couldn't find anything that specific online and was wondering if anyone knew of anything offhand...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I cant think of anything off hand, but give this site a try http://www.case-mod.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement