Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COM+ application onSessionStart method not working

Options
  • 11-12-2007 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have a COM+ dll that we use for a site, for some reason when the onSessionStart method (in the java) is being called from the global.asa it isnt initialising properly. Sometimes it works but if i do an iisreset it breaks again, so it's definetly a session issue.

The error we get is undeflined is null or not an object

If i try and use the dll on a site with no global.asa it works perfectly.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar, maybe IIS is corrupt or something similar.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Post your global.asa code for a start, we'll be able to tell if its doing something it shouldn't.

You said 'in the java' what language is the COM+ dll written in?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Evil Phil wrote: »
    You said 'in the java' what language is the COM+ dll written in?

It is written in Java

in the Session_OnStart() method of the global.asa there is the following line:

var content = Session("Context").getContextVar("ContentLayer");

this is where i am getting the error:

'unassigned' is null or not an object

It is working for me at the moment because i havent done an iisreset in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

First do a check to see if the object is indeed an object and if its not instansiate one..

Probably you are instansiating it somewhere else and its then working and when it first starts the object is null

Advertisement