Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank draft

Options
  • 11-12-2007 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice. i've been given a bank draft for aib but i dont hold an aib account. does anyone know if i can just cash it or do i have to lodge it to me non-aib account and wait a week for it to clear?
    Thanks, i really appreciate any advice :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 snap2007

Cause a bankdraft is crossed it'l have to be lodged into an acc in your name. Depending on the amount if you go into an AIB bank with ID they may cash it for you but it wouldnt be somethin they do on a regualr basis, It would take five days to clear if you lodge it into your acc but if you ask your bank can they get clearance from AIB they may lodge it in with no hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭psycho8itch

Thanks a mill, i really appreciate it. will give it a go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

You are entitled to go into the Aib branch it was issued from and cash it. Bring id with you.

Advertisement