Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying Car Tyres Online

Options
  • 11-12-2007 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Was told by a workmate about a good website forn new car tyres called eiretyre.com. Prices are very competitive as the quoted price includes postage and packaging anywhere in ireland and they deliver to your door :D. However ive heard that advance tyres and the like would be reluctant in fitting tyres that they didnt supply. Anyone know of anywhere in cork/kerry they would fit them and how much per wheel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is a list of approved fitters listed on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

ya but its isnt that accurate. Tralee Co Limerick is mentioned there :confused: looking for somewhere in the Killarney and outling areas if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Most small independant fitters will happily fit them for a small fee of course. I'm on my second set from eiretyre and a local guy fitted them for €40 including balancing and tracking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 edwardh55

To be honest i don't think eiretyres have great prices, while you save on the buying of them you more than make up on fitting them as the going rate is €10-15 a tyre. i have found way better deals and i didn't have to wait for delivery. Unless you are looking for some tyre that is really cheap and low quality that no local tyre supplier wants to stock, then i suppose they have an edge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I got two michelin tyres today from Fast Fit. They were €7 each more expensive than EireTyres (€192 versus €199 each), but Fast Fit called to my house and fitted the tyres free of charge!

That is a pretty impressive service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I use them as I can't get Toyo T1-R Proxes anywhere over here. My tyre of choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I use them as I can't get Toyo T1-R Proxes anywhere over here. My tyre of choice

Your obviously not looking hard enough. That tyre is readily available in popular sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Depends on the tyres you are after. for instance, if you wanted (like i did) 255 45 R17's , i'd have to pay €165 for a budget tyre in my local tyre place.

On eiretyres.com - it got them delivered to the door for €98. Fitting them cost me €35.

I think its worth doing..........in my case anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

On a similar note, does anyone in Ireland supply Falken Tyres? The company itself dont ship here, and I've heard nothing but good things about their 452s on various BMW forums.

hey,

just checked tyre for my missus's jeep as they are well down-

235 60R16 - i paid 155each last time round for four fitted. €620 for the 4 corners fitted.

Just checked eiretyres.com and i can get 4 new ones for €85each - thats €340 supplied and delivered..........and i'll get them on for €60. Total - €400.

looking good - competition rocks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Bought 4 205 R16 55 of eiretyre earlier this year for €56 a corner (directional tyre too) and €40 to fit thats €264 all in. I'd be expecting approx €100 a corner from most places. Now the tyre is a Nankang but I had great satisfaction out of the firet set I got I had no problem buying a secong pair

Elessar wrote: »
    On a similar note, does anyone in Ireland supply Falken Tyres? The company itself dont ship here, and I've heard nothing but good things about their 452s on various BMW forums.

Hi Elessar, try midland tyres - 0505 41942. Could have sworn i saw them there!

Note;I have no affilliation with any suppliers I recommend in my threads. Objects in the rear view mirror may seems closer than they appear. Please get hammered responsibly this xmas. Terms and conditions apply. I'am not regulated by any regulator. If you dont like my posts,take a walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

You forgot about 'May cause death to your unborn child'.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

For the likes of 17" you will save a lot by going with eiretyre and getting a local place to fit them, went into advance pitstop one day for a quote and i was told 210 a corner, same tyre with eiretyres was 148...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 edwardh55

bucks wrote: »
    For the likes of 17" you will save a lot by going with eiretyre and getting a local place to fit them, went into advance pitstop one day for a quote and i was told 210 a corner, same tyre with eiretyres was 148...

What were the 2 brands? i usually find that advance(or similar) are selling something pretty good and then eiretyres will always have something that is the ultimate budget thing that will do half the mileage. Tyre centres in ireland are afraid to sell them because they will surely get someone complaining about the tyre they fitted and the wear they get out of them, atleast with eiretyres its you that is making the choice

Advertisement