Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Mags - Where the feck r they?

• 11-12-2007 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Simple question - why is it so difficult to get a 360 Magazine?
    I see Mags for PS2/3, Nintendo, PC etc but where's the 360's Mag?
    I could get a Subscription, I could get it delivered... but why should I?
    Has anyone else noticed the lack of 360 related Mags in Newsagents?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

NewBalance wrote: »
    Simple question - why is it so difficult to get a 360 Magazine?
    I see Mags for PS2/3, Nintendo, PC etc but where's the 360's Mag?
    I could get a Subscription, I could get it delivered... but why should I?
    Has anyone else noticed the lack of 360 related Mags in Newsagents?

cant say I have. I wouldnt be big on these anyway, in the nearest large newsagents to me there was a choice of about 5 mags, and I picked out one. It was constant sony bashing. I wouldnt be a big fan of the PS3 or the hype of sony, but this seemed like an insecure type of mag. Didnt bother with it again, cant even remember the name of it.

but to answer the question, no, I havent seen a lack of mags, not in my town anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 NewBalance

ok - to be more specific: Dublin 15, Dublin 2, Dublin 12... maybe I am blind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

People still buy magazines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ever tried easons? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Get 360gamer if ya can. I find they're reviews to be the most balanced. Not least because they gave GoW an 8(which is what it deserved), while all the other mags were **** off over it. http://www.360-gamer.com/subscribe.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 NewBalance

Easons - yes they have a great selection - but I want them at the Spa or Londis etc.

I'm sure people still buy magazines - kinda hard to use your laptop to read while your on the toilet...

Actually- Gears of War, I thought it was over rated too - cool game, but had some niggles, like watching the same 'movie' over and over or watching Fenix walk very slowly with his finger in his ear...

Half Life 2 rules all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I only buy Edge, dont like the one-sided reviews of all those one format only mags....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

We have an e-mag on our website you could download to have a look at. If you like it you can always print it off as its free.

I think you have to sign up to download it, can't remember but sure we are all great craic except Cow :D

Head over to http://www.xbox360-exile.com/ if you want to have a look.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I would recommend GamesTM but having bought a 360 primarily for Gears of War which they gave 10/10 to, I won't. What's worse is that Resident Evil 4 is a better game in all departments and they only gave that a 9. Gears of War wishes it was RE4 so bad.

Resident Evil 4 is still the best "Next Gen" game available.
    And please "It's not next gen - it was a Gamecube game" blah blah.
    It WAS next gen. It's hard to believe it's now 3 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

jayteecork wrote: »
    I would recommend GamesTM but having bought a 360 primarily for Gears of War which they gave 10/10 to, I won't. What's worse is that Resident Evil 4 is a better game in all departments and they only gave that a 9. Gears of War wishes it was RE4 so bad.

Resident Evil 4 is still the best "Next Gen" game available.
    And please "It's not next gen - it was a Gamecube game" blah blah.
    It WAS next gen. It's hard to believe it's now 3 years old.

It WAS next gen but its not now ;)
    RE5 should be out next year though.

• Advertisement

RE5 is delayed until 2009 according to Wikipedia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I think ill log in to wikipedia and change that to 2010 because I cant see it being released in the next 2 years

quote your reference if you do. :)
    Just tried to mention that the Pixar short "Red's Dream" caused the SNES game Unirally (Uniracers) to be withdrawn from the sheles, which is true.
    of course some idiot removed it straight away.

Advertisement