Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lol just got suspened.. but

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My cousin got suspended for having "I <3 Tits" as his motto, tis a bit much but rules are rules!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

dazftw wrote: »
    I just put down my name, location and the word c*nt as I use that word when im playing a game like "ah c*unt" if I die or something..
    I don't swear or use any vulgarity on xbox live while playing games with other people its the little kids and Americans that do that!

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

zabbo wrote: »
    :confused:

+1 :confused::confused:

I can't understand the big moan about a short ban for basically acting the "mickey"
    Why you would want to put offensive innuendo in your profile is beyond me.
    All your doing is showing your either an immature ***t or a foul mouthed child.
    Either way people can switch of your mouth but cant edit your motto.

Get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Jesus Christ why is everyone going so mental at him!? Big deal...he put a curse word in his bio...

WHO CARES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

theres no defence for it and its funny the way he tries too tbh....

all games now carry a "experience may change during online play" to incorporate language and terms used by players over microphones.....

you cannot be banned for using profanity over the headset ingame...

but you can in your profile

doesnt say anything in toc for headset only profiles

retarted error just lol tbh

less dopes on live the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

well daz have to say this tread backfired on ya :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

el dude wrote: »
    I think that is waay too harsh. It's your ****ing bio, you should be allowed to say what you like, within reason of course! And who the fcuk read's the 'toc'. I gave that other lad stick because he was a cheater but we all hate them!

And he was...Clearly swearing was not within reason :confused: You're also not allowed to directly swear here but it doesn't seem to bother people...

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

theres no defence for it and its funny the way he tries too tbh....

all games now carry a "experience may change during online play" to incorporate language and terms used by players over microphones.....

you cannot be banned for using profanity over the headset ingame...

but you can in your profile

doesnt say anything in toc for headset only profiles

retarted error just lol tbh

less dopes on live the better

Jesus you love drama don't u?

Get over it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

lol one curse word and im branded a "dope" im the very guy who's really interested in the cod boards.ie clan and posted up a few rules to help gets things organized but I guess I shouldn't be allowed cause I love cursing and im a "dope" I shouldn't even be on xbox live :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Grim. wrote: »
    well daz have to say this tread backfired on ya :D

Nah nothing backfired just a bunch of lads who want act all big cool bully and give out to me.. I know for a fact if that happened to anyone I would reply its a bit slack but rules are rules its just unlucky.. as someone said your not all 60 year old women! Cursing happens everyday ffs get over it!

BUT if someone was cheating or abusing people over mic then I get all big and cool and give out to him..

Not for a having a curse word lol everyone on xbox live has said the word in topic! It had to been some little twat I killed on kane and lynch that got pissed off and decided use the fact I had the word to his own advantage!

I was not defending myself I clearly stated in my 1st post I posted this up to let me people know if they had the same to delete it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

The worst thing you did was come on to this site and brag about why you got banned.

kensutz wrote: »
    The worst thing you did was come on to this site and brag about why you got banned.

brag? Are you serious? Did you read my above post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

brag? Are you serious? Did you read my above post?

Well you don't seem to be under 15 so i wouldn't have thought that was your goal.
    Your just brutally honest and feel hard done-by , happens to us all , you have accepted it and probably won't do it again.
    Result.

Yea I just didn't realise it was that serious on live ive had my xbox since about septemeber.. But yea Ive changed my profile to friends only and don't even have a bio or anything now!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Ha, 'tis harsh
    Maybe I should change my motto so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

retarted

mmmmm

ironing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

It was stupid to use it in your motto, like it or not children do have access to your gamer tag so it shouldn't have been there. You got like a two day ban? You wont have it in your title again? No reason to even really post about it?!

it was in my bio.. but that doesn't matter anymore.. I posted to warn people.. and my profile is like private so its all good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Heh reminds me of when I played Everquest 2. I had my name as "Stokolan Da Pikeybitch" for about 6 months before it was reported.. But all that happened was a GM popped up and said that I would have to change it. He gave me some stupid second name after that. Glad it wasn't banable. But then some companys act differently. But then 2 week suspension aint too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

jerry-springer.jpg

Jerry's Final Thought:

Swearing isn't big or clever. Not only that, it may get you banned or suspended on Xbox Live.

You fucking guys.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement