Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What happened to Valley Motor Parts?

Options
  • 11-12-2007 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I went over to Swords to go to Valley Motor Parts only to find they've shut up shop. Anyone know if they've moved or are gone completely (there was no indication either way in the window)? Shame if they've gone, they were a proper motor factors, not just a place that sold spoilers and neons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ianbrennan2000

as far as i know they have moved into lusk motor factors. they are both part owned by AD Ireland afaik. hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Thanks, off to Lusk tomorrow, then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Not sure on the exact details of why they shut up shop!
    It is a shame they've gone - they were very good! Always get anything you needed in that afternoon or the next day!
    Im guessing the one in Blanch is gone too??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

Lusk Motor Factors owns Swords Motor Factors so they have likely moved just around the corner.

Lusk Motor Factors owns Swords Motor Factors

Not the same people that owned Valley Motor Parts - I know the son of the guy who owns VMP (used to go to school with him) - but not sure exactly why they closed.
    Think the Dad retired and the son when off travelling - could be wrong though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

WHAT?!

That's terrible! They always had anything you needed and it was just down the road from me. Always looked like they did good business aswell? Sh*t. How far is Lusk from Swords?!

Valley Motor Parts was opposite Eddie Rockets, no? beside the photographers?
    well Swords Motor Factors is behind Eddie Rockets so no need to go to Lusk.

Lusk Motor Factors (attached to Citroen) also own said Swords Motor Factors. I have laser receipts from the Swords place with "Lusk MF" on them.

3ps wrote: »
    Valley Motor Parts was opposite Eddie Rockets, no? beside the photographers?
    Yes
    well Swords Motor Factors is behind Eddie Rockets so no need to go to Lusk.
    They are the ones associated with Lusk - they arent too bad to deal with - prefered the personal service from VMPs - but then again i did know the son!

i think there was a thread on the classics forum about how bad VMP were!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Are you related to the owners of Swords/Lusk Motor Parts, by any chance? :)

• Advertisement

me? no

Advertisement