Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i was banned from personnal issues forum without first receiveing infraction

Options
  • 11-12-2007 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

hi i was banned for a month yesterday by moderator thaedydal without first recieveing an infraction i would like to appeal this banning as i think i was unfairly banned as all i did was say my point in a post about a girl cheating on her fella can be unbanned please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Advocating violence is not allowed on PI, people get banned all the time for it.

The fact that you didn't get an infraction first doesn't really matter, there is no rule that says mods have to infract first and then ban is there?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

There is no appealing a ban for advocating violence. It's a rule we are very strict on for obvious reasons.

Infractions have nothing to do with the price of turnips. The Charter clearly states that you can be banned instantly without warning if a comment requires it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

ah i see!!!! but the violence was,nt being aimed at anyone in particular all i was stating was how mad i would feel "IF" it was to have happened to me maybe my choice of words was,nt that well thought out but i did,nt think i,d get a ban for it! i,ve seen a lot of people post worse than that and not get banned

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

i,ve seen a lot of people post worse than that and not get banned
    Could you give an example from the PI board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Gordon wrote: »
    Could you give an example from the PI board?
    i could if was able to access it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can read the forum but you have to log out first.

Advertisement