Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best torrent client?

Options
  • 11-12-2007 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Which torrent client is the fastest and easiest to use?

I've head utorrent is good for port forwarding. I currently use bittorrent but it is SLOW. I know some of the reasons why (NTL!) but I am wondering if a different client will improve things.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

uTorrent is the best, light and effecient and quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Easynews.com - for the main reason that it's not a torrent site. No 3rd party application to install. Never had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Given all the talk about uTorrent logging and transmitting your IP address, I wouldn't touch it with any of yours.

Azureus, for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Given all the talk about uTorrent logging and transmitting your IP address, I wouldn't touch it with any of yours.

thats completely unfounded Kaiser

I still use utorrent version 1.6.1 when it was still open source, saying that azureus is a good client also. Just try both as there the best and see which one suits you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Azureus is a pretty good client, but if you something that will use less ram then uTorrent is fine.

Ignore Kaiser's comment, the reporting and transmitting of your IP is unfounded and completely untrue,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Auvers wrote: »
    thats completely unfounded Kaiser

I still use utorrent version 1.6.1 when it was still open source, saying that azureus is a good client also. Just try both as there the best and see which one suits you.

You are safe enough with the version you are using. 1.7.1 onwards is being banned from some trackers, including a private tracker I am a member of.

uTorrent are now owned by companies that are part of MPIAA and the RIAA. Just go to their homepage and see all the studios that they have entered into deals with. Conveniently, this all seemed to happen after they were bought out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Dotfuscator

somethin strange has to be goin on with utorrent, why would any of those companies be affiliated with software that lets people "steal" their movies etc?
    utorrent mightn't call home just yet but it will start soon enough i'd imagine. No harm really if you're usin it legally...;)

Advertisement