Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all accountants

Options
  • 11-12-2007 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,
    I've done the accounting technician course, but failed tax & accounting (i know, I know) in year 2, so haven't qualified. I don't have a degree and so am not eligible for a postgraduate courses.
    I am working as an analyst at the mo, but feel I need to get qualified to progress. Can anyone advise me of what they think would be the best way to fast track the qualification... Acca/Cima/Finish the technicians course. I think MBA could be too in depth as I need to work full time.
    Cheers, The Ex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Hi OP, I think you should finish the accounting technician course first of all and then if you still want to continue then you may get exemptions from a further qualification like ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheEx

Thanks Charba, but you only get 2 exemptions I think. Was wondering if anyone thinks it would be better just to head the degree then postgrad route instead of straightforward accounting prof exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

even if you do a degree and postgraduate you will still have to sit professional exams to get the "good" jobs.

I myself have a degree from DCU in Accounting and Finance and for any interview i have gone to the potential employer wants to know what exams you are sitting or will you be likely to begin upon commencement of work.
    Then again that might just be the jobs that I am looking at.

Good luck with your decision

Advertisement