Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE 2 Now

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

PHB wrote: »
    I understand differences of opinion and all that, but seriously, how could anyone pick Riise ahead of Cole or Evra or even Clichy?
    Totally agree with you.
    How could anyone pick Rosicky ahead of Hleb?
    I'd have an on-form Rosicky ahead of a on-form Hleb.
    fullstop wrote:
    If Lucas is so good why doesn't he play every week for liverpool.
    Torres does not play for Liverpool every week either, are we to deduce something from that as to his abilities?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

fullstop wrote: »
    If Lucas is so good why doesn't he play every week for liverpool:confused: Lampard, hargreaves, essien all better than him, as is gerrard who you haven't mentioned in this post.

liverpool happen to have competition in the centre it's something the other 3 don't know even the slightest thing about, maybe arsenal have an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Hobart wrote: »
    Totally agree with you.
    Torres does not play for Liverpool every week either, are we to deduce something from that as to his abilities?
    Torres has played twice as many games as lucas, so no ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Em Liverpool have no more competition in the center than United or Chelsea.

Liverpool: Mascherano-Sissoko-Alonso-Gerrard-Lucas
    United:
    Hargreaves-Fletcher-Carrick-Scholes-Anderson
    Chelsea:
    Essien-Makelele-Ballack-Lampard-Obi Mikel

IMO, Chelsea have the best 1st choice defensive midfielder. Have the best 2nd choice defensive midfielder. Have the best passing player. Have the 3rd best attacking midfielder, have the 2nd best young midfielder. IMO they have the best central midfield squad.

Out of interest, have you watched much of Arsenal this season? I think you could make that argument last year, but this year, Hleb has been utterly utterly amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

el dude wrote: »
    Those two would never be able to play together. I've purposely left out what you went on to say seeing as you done the same to my post.

so ya kind of missed the whole point basically and didnt read what i said was essential to the team working was if they could play with each other. cesc is a lot more versatile then lampard is and i think between them they would be able to put in the work at the back too. they both can tackle and are good at creating space.
    i did read the whole of your post and tended to agree about carvalho. good of you to notice there ted.

whos your favorite running back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Em Liverpool have no more competition in the center than United or Chelsea.

Liverpool: Mascherano-Sissoko-Alonso-Gerrard-Lucas
    United:
    Hargreaves-Fletcher-Carrick-Scholes-Anderson
    Chelsea:
    Essien-Makelele-Ballack-Lampard-Obi Mikel

IMO, Chelsea have the best 1st choice defensive midfielder. Have the best 2nd choice defensive midfielder. Have the best passing player. Have the 3rd best attacking midfielder, have the 2nd best young midfielder. IMO they have the best central midfield squad.

Out of interest, have you watched much of Arsenal this season? I think you could make that argument last year, but this year, Hleb has been utterly utterly amazing.
    QFT

I have, and I agree that he has been very good. I qualified what I said by adding "on-form" and I'd stick by it. Hleb is an excellent player, as is Rosicky.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yes ye have the same amount of players well done ye've ticked the quantity box theirs a vital one missing however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

mayordenis wrote: »
    yes ye have the same amount of players well done ye've ticked the quantity box theirs a vital one missing however.

:confused:

Edit: Unless you're talking about Sidwell or Arsenal of course!

• Advertisement

An Citeog wrote: »
    :confused:

Edit: Unless you're talking about Sidwell or Arsenal of course!

Nope, Riise is a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Hobart wrote: »
    Nope, Riise is a midfielder.

Eh, not a central midfielder and that's what that list was made up of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Giles, Dunphy and co are great entertainment but it's annoying when they haven't even bothered to do any research on what they're supposed to be talking about.

Giles: "Well Peter I don't know much about Marseille to be honest".

Really? He's being paid well to sit there and talk about them FFS, the least he could do is familiarise himself with their players, recent form, key men in the team that sort of thing. Hardly rocket science. Didn't even know who their players were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Their baseless rants suffice as punditry, knowledge on the game becomes irrelevant when generally people watch them for the entertaining squabbles and childishness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I dunno about Giles and Dunphy but some of the posts in here are quite comical. Liverpool fans sure do see the world in their red tinted glasses.

FatherTed wrote: »
    I dunno about Giles and Dunphy but some of the posts in here are quite comical. Liverpool fans sure do see the world in their red tinted glasses.

nah, im being fair and accurate in my judgement of RTE broadcasts. they talk relentless sh1t regardless of who's playing and i dont like to see my license fee go to waste like that considering i only watch rte for football and movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Jazzy wrote: »
    nah, im being fair and accurate in my judgement of RTE broadcasts. they talk relentless sh1t regardless of who's playing and i dont like to see my license fee go to waste like that considering i only watch rte for football and movies.

well to be honest, its great to watch sometimes, infact most of the time. yes dunphy is a bandwagon jumper, brady is a nob, but seriously lads, the stuff they come out with is quality. and is working too, aint we talking about it here every week? and we are going to watch it again and again and again, cos its controversial and that is what they want.

i will put it to you this way, would you rather watch peter schmeichel, ian wright, jamie redknapp, gareth crookes, andy townsend etc on english tv saying how great all these english players are day in day out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

apparently they're showing Rangers tonight... ;)

i will put it to you this way, would you rather watch peter schmeichel, ian wright, jamie redknapp, gareth crookes, andy townsend etc on english tv saying how great all these english players are day in day out?

Yes. Because they are there actual opinions.
    If Dunphy was on this board, he'd be banned as a troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

that says more about this board tbh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Says who? What are some kind of mo....oh wait.
    event wrote: »
    that says more about this board tbh ;)
    QFT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Says Evans and Simpson are very promising players but Nani, Pique are not.

I guess impressing in the championship > Premierleague, Champions League and La Liga?

Seriously lads, somebody who came on here and just literally said anything he could to get people to respond to it. He has no actual opinions, just says things to get a rise out of people. Internet message boards all over the world ban people like him every single day. He has nothing to add the the debate, to the conversation, just making noise for no reason other than self-gain.

i watch rte as receiving sky sports in my room is troublesome at best :/
    i still think the commentary on sky is crap enough. gray can be v. good or v.bad depending on his homework

id watch bbc everytime if all was equal.
    they are entertaining yes, but the football is the main course here and i like my sideshow to know their stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

kippy wrote: »
    French ban on beer sponsorship I believe

Found this very odd, at pitchside one of the billboards was clearly for Heineken (though I think it just had the word Champions on it)

Ah Dunphy, I love the way he said the pool would be intimidated by a full stadium full of French singing Les Miserables.

The funny part being that Dunphy, who is so terrified of pronouncing foreign names and team names correctly for fear people wont think he is Irish (talking about Jewventus, for example), prounonced it Lezz Mizarabilis.

Dont reckon he was particularly drunk last night mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

shane86 wrote: »
    Found this very odd, at pitchside one of the billboards was clearly for Heineken (though I think it just had the word Champions on it)
    Yes, it as a Heineken ad, but it didn't explicitly say "Heineken" on it.

The Heineken Cup (eggchasing) is known as the "H Cup" in France, and the ads have a cleverly disguised "H" on them in the grounds there.

Advertisement