Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: 12 Bore Shotgun Slugs

• 11-12-2007 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

I used to buy these in Smyths in Newry but they no longer stock them, anyone know where they can be got in the Louth/Meath/Kildare/Dublin area's ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

My understanding is that it is illegal to even own them here.
    I am open to correction.

They are used in the US for shooting deer, you would certainly be breaking the law doing that here.

What do you want them for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

fishdog wrote: »
    My understanding is that it is illegal to even own them here.
    I am open to correction.

They are used in the US for shooting deer, you would certainly be breaking the law doing that here.

What do you want them for??

They are perfectly legal but just not in demand, they cannot be used for hunting deer as your have to use a centrefire rifle here for that purpose.

I used them for limited target shooting with my Remington 870 and a Ghost Scope.

They are perfectly legal
    I dont think so. Maybe someone else can clarify.
    but just not in demand
    I wonder why??
    limited target shooting
    What is that? What type of targets??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

as far as i know they are legal, was offered some in a local gun shop during last visit.

as far as i know they are legal, was offered some in a local gun shop during last visit.
    Really? What are they used for??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

dont know really read somewhere one time that some police forces use them on road blocks to target the engine block of a car.

Cant imagine it would be any good for the shotgun though:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

I bought some in Sligo about 2 years ago. Just as a "something different" type thing to try out. Had some fun testing them out, shooting at an old door and car on a mates farm. Just tried them and never bothered with them again. Not sure if there illegal but might be a home made garda rule. Same way gun safes and starting pistols were until the laws were passed by government. Might be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

would they not make bits of the barrel and chokes?

sure couldnt you use them for rabbits :D

dont know really read somewhere one time that some police forces use them on road blocks to target the engine block of a car.
    I heard something similar.

On the off chance that you are not trying to shoot at moving cars or deer, what good are they? They have to drop like a stone.

Fishdog they are very legal, can you show me legislation that they are not !

As I even asked the Police many years ago and there is no ban on them.

Also choke wise, I have a rifled choke for my remington or use them without one.

Anyhow back to the point anyone actually know a retailer ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

There legal but their on the draft restricted list to be made a restricted ammunition. No more debate on the subject pleasr this is a For Sale/Wanted thread, start a new thread in shooting if you want to talk about it.

No more debate on the subject pleasr this is a For Sale/Wanted thread, start a new thread in shooting if you want to talk about it.
    Fair enough
    Fishdog they are very legal

Like I said....
    I am open to correction.
    Meaning I am not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Hi Flying. Have em in Hilltop, Newtownmountkennedy.

(p.s. used for static target shotgun) http://www.nasrc.ie/Target%20Shotgun.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

have them in scullys in athlone too, yes i know a few of you dont like dealing with him but he has them!

Thanks for the info guys

Advertisement