Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Apprenticeship In Donegal

Options
  • 11-12-2007 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hello All
    As the thread says im looking to start an apprenticeship asap, ill be a mature student at 28 years old, looking for something in plumbing electrical but generally anything considered. Ive made this decision due to dead end jobs and want to make a career change giving me something that has a variety everyday and great potential to learn a skill that i can take with me for the rest of my working life. if anyone has any advice for me, or maybe has a position within there company i would be grateful, i have been to fas and they said its basically up to me to find one, so here i am ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You are 28? Thats strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Cocobells wrote: »
    Hello All
    As the thread says im looking to start an apprenticeship asap, ill be a mature student at 28 years old, looking for something in plumbing electrical but generally anything considered. Ive made this decision due to dead end jobs and want to make a career change giving me something that has a variety everyday and great potential to learn a skill that i can take with me for the rest of my working life. if anyone has any advice for me, or maybe has a position within there company i would be grateful, i have been to fas and they said its basically up to me to find one, so here i am ;)

confused how can this be your ninth post and that be your ninth post, is this a mistake or me being an idiotic airhead of a bimbo

regob wrote: »
    confused how can this be your ninth post and that be your ninth post, is this a mistake or me being an idiotic airhead of a bimbo
    The latter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Good for you, taking up an apprenticeship at 28 is a gutsy choice, one i'm sure most people wouldn't be able to do, mostly because you will be earning next to nothing for the next few years. but it will pay off once your fully trained. The way i would look at it is, you have another 37 working years ahead and being in the wrong job for that lenght of time will make your life a misery.

I cant really help with finding an apprenticeship, but one area i did look into a few years ago was an apprenticeship in car electronics. All new cars have advanced computer management systems and if anything go wrong, it usually mean a trip to the main dealer and an expensive bill. Its an area will massive potential and fairly untapped at the moment.

p.s. people will be skeptical after reading your posts "Romanian ATM scammers"

Senna wrote: »
    p.s. people will be skeptical after reading your posts "Romanian ATM scammers"
    And with good justification too.

Anyone posting here or on any forum looking for employment or a bit of advice should at least be truthful. Its not too much to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Cocobells

Lol i told a few porkies in that thread in relation to my age i was trying to get a point across to someone, im Irish born, and 28.
    thanks for the advice Senna, do you work in the car electronics field at the moment?

actually upon visiting this thread again and looking at some of the replies i can see that the general consciousness is one of dismay, weather i be 58 or 28, does that make anymore of A difference to your ignorance of back tracking my recent posts and trying to be sherlock holmes about it. someone else uses this account, perhaps other family members use this account, perhaps you're oblivious to such thoughts and I would wish that you don't treat everyone on this board with such exuberance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

weather i be 58 or 28,
    Problem is, you're not both. One is a lie.
    someone else uses this account, perhaps other family members use this account, perhaps you're oblivious to such thoughts and I would wish that you don't treat everyone on this board with such exuberance

But no one else did, you posted the information for everyone to see and read, was that not the point of posting it, so everyone can read it?

As said above, it not a good start and not a good impression to be giving when asking for peoples advice and maybe help.

actually upon visiting this thread again and looking at some of the replies i can see that the general consciousness is one of dismay, weather i be 58 or 28, does that make anymore of A difference to your ignorance of back tracking my recent posts and trying to be sherlock holmes about it. someone else uses this account, perhaps other family members use this account, perhaps you're oblivious to such thoughts and I would wish that you don't treat everyone on this board with such exuberance
    So you resent the idea of anyone looking at your posts in a public discussion forum and you dont take kindly to being caught telling porkies?

no wonder Donegal is so backward, good luck to you i hope life presents itself in a very truthful manner, isolation is a huge factor to comprehend when you live in Donegal and its obviously something none of you have grasped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

no wonder Donegal is so backward, good luck to you i hope life presents itself in a very truthful manner, isolation is a huge factor to comprehend when you live in Donegal and its obviously something none of you have grasped

Isolation?

Backward?

How to win friends and influence people the Cocobells way.

I'd like you to elaborate as I'm pretty sure we'll have much fun putting you straight.

Charming.

You have now elevated yourself to apprentice of the year in the elf factory

Advertisement