Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanner Pens - Any good?

Options
  • 11-12-2007 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hello forum,

Thinking of buying a scanner pen , seems a handy way of taking notes and storing info, have seen two - the PLANON DocuPen RC800 USB Pen/scanner a bit steep at €305 and the Wizcom Quicklink-Pen Elite €130 but I think this one took a few seconds per line - which is a bit too slow really.

Anyone used them , know anything about them ?

All info much appreciated , cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I dont know much about the technology behind them, but wouldnt a half-decent digital camera be just as good? Just take photos of the pages you want, the resolutions these days are more than enough to get an A4 page of small writing. I'm sure youd get used to the angles and distances needed to get the page in frame, and best of all it would double up as a camera!

Upon doing a bit of research (probably should have done that before replying) I can see some useful features that the camera couldnt provide. Sorry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Had one on trial a few years ago, infuriatingly slow, inaccurate and over-priced. It seems that nothing has changed much, judging by the speed you quoted.

Advertisement