Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats better drumroe? or thomond?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

rmacm wrote: »
    I'm sober now.....this time tomorrow night I'll be on my way into the city to cure that little problem. Anyone any suggestions for what I should drink? I'll be starting with Guinness as usual but after that I'm open to trying something new Redbull + Vodka/Jager or Whiskey + Coke is getting a bit old.

Hey Rory,
    I know u wanted a change from whiskey, but after my escapade in the Stables this night last week, I can recommend Jameson and Ginger as an excellent drink.
    I know its a sin to ruin good Jameson, but its damn good!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Blue Aftershock + Lime.

Try it.

And don't accept any other Aftershock if they don't have blue. There is no substitute. Especially not green. I speak from experience. :o

Hence the blueness of the dolphin. Naturally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Peteee wrote: »
    Hence the blueness of the dolphin. Naturally.

Well... Blue aftershock + yellow Lime (that's sorta paradoxical...yellow lime...hmmm :rolleyes:) = green, tbh...

I'm blue...because...I'm blue...

That feckin Eiffel 65 song is now swirling around my head... "I'm blue I'd OD'ed I could die" (Or "I'm blue dabadeedabadi" depending on your outlook/censorship) Thanks, peteee :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

double rum + blackcurrent + smirnoff ice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

kaimera wrote: »
    double rum + blackcurrent + smirnoff ice ;)

Indeed I think we can all speak for the experience that drinking this leads to :rolleyes:

I'll pass although the Jameson & Ginger or the Aftershock & Lime sounds good

• Advertisement

Indeed I think we can all speak for the experience that drinking this leads to :rolleyes:

I'll pass although the Jameson & Ginger or the Aftershock & Lime sounds good
    Damned if I'm carrying you and awishawasha home skuttered tonight!

Damned if I'm carrying you and awishawasha home skuttered tonight!

Let me know how he gets on with the Aftershock + Lime...and remind him again that only blue Aftershock will do!! ...;)

Think of the Dolphin...What colour is the Dolphin...BLUE! :)

Let me know how he gets on with the Aftershock + Lime...and remind him again that only blue Aftershock will do!! ...;)

Think of the Dolphin...What colour is the Dolphin...BLUE! :)
    Look, I'm sure you're a very nice girl. It's not you, it's me. I'm just not looking for a relationship right now.

Look, I'm sure you're a very nice girl. It's not you, it's me. I'm just not looking for a relationship right now.

*bottom lip quivers*

R..r...really? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Dude we gotta go, I've got a stage 5 clinger on my hands.

Did you just hear what i said? A STAGE 5 CLINGER :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

wow it seems a lot of these forums go off topic and end up about drink...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

We are college students..It's all we do. [Well I'm speaking for myself here anyway, as many of these boardsies will testify]

I'm not a student anymore and I still drink.....and now that I have money to afford my iniquitous life style I drink even more :)

cson wrote: »
    Dude we gotta go, I've got a stage 5 clinger on my hands.

Did you just hear what i said? A STAGE 5 CLINGER :eek:

Me?!

Now, back to drink... I like orange lucozade :D

You're really good at letting people down aren't ya :D

Is yellow lime not a lemon???

*Researches*

A yellow lime is infact called a key lime (Or bartenders lime!), and is less common then the bigger greener persian lime.

Now theres your fun fruit fact for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Thats what happens round exam time. People cant drink cause of study and their cravings turn into ramblings about alcohol on boards:D

You're really good at letting people down aren't ya :D

Is yellow lime not a lemon???

*Researches*

A yellow lime is infact called a key lime (Or bartenders lime!), and is less common then the bigger greener persian lime.

Now theres your fun fruit fact for the day!

Wow. *yawn*

I doubt there's actually any limes of any sort (or lemons for that matter) in the MiWadi cordial though.

*Researches*

*gets bored of researching...goes to get bottle of Orange Lucozade instead*

We'll leave that part up to the food scientists in the Schrodinger...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

cooperguy wrote: »
    Thats what happens round exam time. People cant drink cause of study and their cravings turn into ramblings about alcohol on boards:D

you mean people shouldnt be drinkin over exam time but do mollys was full fairly full last nite and amount of people i was tlkin to who like me are still in the middle of exams

I'm not a student anymore and I still drink.....and now that I have money to afford my iniquitous life style I drink even more :)

wait... your not?.... then how......:eek:

wait... your not?.... then how......:eek:

He's in denial that he's graduated and needs to learn to MOVE ON!!! :D

• Advertisement

He's in denial that he's graduated and needs to learn to MOVE ON!!! :D

I have moved on......and now I'm back. Drinkage last night was fun but oddly I'm not hungover today and that is not a good sign. bluedolphin as the last drink of the night I tried your concoction I'm not sure what affect if any it had on me and I drank 2 of them because the other person doesn't like Aftershock and we left the place we were in shortly afterward.

I think I'll try the Whiskey & Ginger tonight.....this weekend is going to hurt far more than I anticipated.

I have moved on......and now I'm back.

You are so in denial. :p
    Drinkage last night was fun but oddly I'm not hungover today and that is not a good sign. bluedolphin as the last drink of the night I tried your concoction I'm not sure what affect if any it had on me and I drank 2 of them because the other person doesn't like Aftershock and we left the place we were in shortly afterward.

I think I'll try the Whiskey & Ginger tonight.....this weekend is going to hurt far more than I anticipated.

And? What is your view? It's somewhat minty/pepperminty on the mouth. Refreshing, you might say! :)

You are so in denial. :p

I'll make that assessment myself thank you very much.
    And? What is your view? It's somewhat minty/pepperminty on the mouth. Refreshing, you might say! :)

It was somewhere around 02:30 in the morning in Copper Face Jacks after ~40 cigarettes and lot of other stuff to drink. Both my sense of smell and taste have been destroyed from smoking so I have no idea. All I could vaguely taste was the lime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Copper Face Jacks

:rolleyes:

PeakOutput wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Tell me about it. I had to rob a set of keys to avoid being dragged there :-/

in Copper Face Jacks... my sense of smell and taste have been destroyed

Along with your sense of judgement.

Copper face jacks...good heavens man, what were you on (Blue aftershock...Bluedolphin, your a terrible influence on Rory, who as we all know is easily influenced...RE: The 'cool' cigarette affair)
    Wow. *yawn*

The extent of my researching invlolved typing lime into Wikipedia, took now more then 5 seconds, and not near enough time to be bored!

Away to bed before I fall asleep drunk on my keyboard

*Brings back topic firmyl to alcoholic matters*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

im pretty drunk

we have so much in common

Along with your sense of judgement.
    Copper face jacks...good heavens man, what were you on (Blue aftershock...Bluedolphin, your a terrible influence on Rory, who as we all know is easily influenced...RE: The 'cool' cigarette affair)

My judgment is just fine thank you very much. BD is not a terrible influence I made the decision about drinking the Aftershock & Lime by myself. You also know very well that there was someone else involved in the whole Coppers episode (i.e. who do you think it would take to get me to go to Coppers)

*Brings back topic firmyl to alcoholic matters*

Where were you drinking......I'm pretty much a drooling mess at the moment but I'm going to bed now. I won't be happy in the morning.

so why are you back in UL if you indeed did graduate?????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Its a hard place to leave. I am Alumni and we still go back the odd time. We had a refresher week there a while back :)

Plus the beer is cheaper in the college bar!

Advertisement