Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

price nissan primera

Options
  • 11-12-2007 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello, maybe someone here can help. I hope to change my car in new year and I going to look at a toyota avensis in the morning. My own car is 03 nissan primera 27,211 miles one driver how much should i expect to get for it.
    thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Why dont you just go to carzone or cbg.ie and look there to see what similar cars are costing :confused:

Thats your best bet. As good as this forum is theres no magic answers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭turtle dubh

Thank you very much. I am a woman would not know of those sites ;) but i have a look now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Thank you very much. I am a woman would not know of those sites ;) but i have a look now

www.cbg.ie

www.carzone.ie

www.autotrader.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Those sites show the asking price and not the price that the car sells for. The Revenue site https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator
    shows the average selling price of a car as declared by car dealers. Assuming that your car was registered in January of that year and that its the 1.6 litre Visia model, it looks to be worth roughly 10,700. The Acenta model (with reversing camera and alloy wheels) may be worth a little more and will be easier to sell. In the past that model was tricky to sell as Nissan undermined the secondhand values by registering new cars and selling them cheap at auctions to improve their sales figures but as they get older and the value drops they should sell reasonably well as they've got a few toys that people like. Shop around if you feel like you're not getting a good trade in value - some dealers seem to hate the Primera and some don't mind taking them as trade-ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,356 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Certainly worth 10,000+ Very low mileage

• Advertisement

ok thats great thank u all very much I see how I get on ;) and let ye know

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My guess is that you will be offered around €8,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

You'll be lucky to get 7K. What spec is the car?

They're a dime a dozen...taxi cars. Is always difficult to shift family saloons as well. Also worst time of year to sell right now.

The OP is trading the car in for next year....

Well lads done the deal. I got a fair price I think going by different prices I was quoted by few different garage people. I was offered as low as 7,500 by some but I delighted I got 9,600 and bought a avensis strata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Well lads done the deal. I got a fair price I think going by different prices I was quoted by few different garage people. I was offered as low as 7,500 by some but I delighted I got 9,600 and bought a avensis strata.

That's reasonable enough; I was offered under 10k for my 05 Primera by a number of dealers before getting around 12k for it as part-exhange for a Focus

Certainly dissapointing value considering over 30k new but thats the game:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

is the primera still being made? I dont see any reference on www.nissan.jp and there isnt any replacement for it so I guess its made a quiet exit...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

G Luxel wrote: »
    is the primera still being made? I dont see any reference on www.nissan.jp and there isnt any replacement for it so I guess its made a quiet exit...

Nope they replaced it the the 'tiida' and it's a mingin car.

Make sure you got the VSC package on your Avensis. (or didn't pay for it without getting it), that's Stability Control, Brake Assist and Traction Control. (€405 more than 07 spec)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

That's a good result - I traded in a '03 primera in '05 and had to shop around quite a bit before getting a reasonable price. You won't go wrong with the Avensis - good car and good dealers when it comes to quality and pricing of routine maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

why replace a primera... best cars on the road... regardless of your driving style , all you need is a rock and breakers yard and it will never miss a beat.

if you do , dont buy a new nissan or well, anything , no good cars from '07 and looks the same for '08 .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nope they replaced it the the 'tiida' and it's a mingin car.

The Tiida replaced the Almera, the Primera can still be bought here new. Apparently there is a new one hitting the market late next year. It is only being sold is certain EU countries like Ireland where these saloon cars are popular. I have yet to see a 07 Primera on the road around here though.

They have very poor resale values, sounds like the OP got a good deal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

bazz26 wrote: »
    The Tiida replaced the Almera, the Primera can still be bought here new. Apparently there is a new one hitting the market late next year. It is only being sold is certain EU countries like Ireland where these saloon cars are popular. I have yet to see a 07 Primera on the road around here though.

They have very poor resale values, sounds like the OP got a good deal there.

I heard that the primera has been withdrawn from these parts and won't be replaced here. Nissan are focussing on cars like the Qasquai.

To be honest after seeing the state of some of their latest cars, the Tiida being the prime example I am glad to be getting away from Nissan.

Advertisement