Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place in Limerick for an 18th?

Options
  • 11-12-2007 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Suggestions anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

The Garda Club on Sexton St cater for these things
    not kidding by the way. They do.
    The Park Bar at the parkway roundabout , and Luigi Malones do partys but you would want to be heading out after

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The Park Bar? Seriously?

Most 18 year olds seem to like Mollys down by the back of the Market. Top floor is booked for private parties usually. But, they are known to be wankeers and throw guests out, and i have seen them refuse admission to people under 18 and over 40ish for private functions.

The Garda club is a good one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mmassive

I would say the third floor in Mojo's is probably best - catering and decorations supplied and its a fairly trendy bar. I think Molly's tends to get way too packed so wouldnt be ideal anyway for over 40's and underagers. The Locke Bar is also very good for functions like 21st's and they're all close to clubs if ye'r wanna make it a proper birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

Tipperary:p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thing about mojos is the top floor is TINY so unless ure a proper johnny no mates.......
    was gonna suggest the south court but its more of a Macra na Feirme or Irish Country Womens assoc place than a party place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is The Park Bar not closed like 3 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was thinkin that, but i also though FatZoes was closed and i'm wrong, so i didn't say anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Fat Zoes is closed too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'm having my 21st in The Woodfield...the Davin also has a function room, but I'm not sure when it's closing

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Park Bar is closed and has been for ages.

To be honest it is going to be difficult enough to get a place to hold an 18th birthday party. Most places know that there are going to be people just under 18 at them and will not take the risk of loosing their licence for serving underage drinkers. You also have the risk that door men will refuse entry to some of your friends for the above reasons.

A private club with a function room is probably the easierst, such as the Garda club or a GAA club function hall. Some place like Shannon or St Michael's rowing clubs might be worth a try.

• Advertisement

well did you choose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Clem Smiths

Advertisement