Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wed Champions League Bets

Options
  • 11-12-2007 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

Going to do a proper accumulator tomorrow but just saw this and couldnt pass it up
    Roma v Man Utd
    Roma to win the match
    9 or less corners
    Card Index:35 points or more
    @ 7 - 1 €20

Anyway borrowed this from another site
    Might be of use to someone here looking for a bit of insight
    Wednesday, 12 December 2007
    Group E
    Barcelona v VfB Stuttgart, E, 19:45
    FC Barcelona will be seeking a third successive home victory in the UEFA Champions League when they conclude their successful Group E campaign against bottom-placed VfB Stuttgart.
    • With three wins and two draws, Frank Rijkaard's team hold a four-point advantage over second-placed Rangers FC at the top of the section and so go into Matchday 6 already guaranteed their berth in the 21 December draw for the first knockout round as one of the eight group winners.

Rangers v Lyon, E, 19:45
    There is everything to play for at Ibrox on Matchday 6 when Rangers FC will be looking to hold off the challenge of visitors Olympique Lyonnais in their shared pursuit of second place in Group E.
    • Although the sides stand level on seven points, Rangers hold the upper hand having beaten Lyon 3-0 in France in October. The Scottish team need only avoid defeat, therefore, to stay above Lyon by virtue of their superior head-to-head record. For the French champions, only victory will do if they are to celebrate reaching the knockout rounds for the fifth consecutive season.
    • Where last season Lyon booked their passage to the last 16 with two games to spare, they must attempt to do it the hard way this time round following defeats in their opening two games.

Group F
    Roma v Man Utd, F, 19:45
    Eight months after welcoming Manchester United FC to the Stadio Olimpico in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals, AS Roma host Sir Alex Ferguson's team again but this time the circumstances are markedly more relaxed.
    • Where there was a semi-final place at stake back in April, now there is only pride to play for given United and Roma have already secured their progress to the last 16.

Sporting v Dynamo Kiev, F, 19:45
    There is nothing but pride to play for when Sporting Clube de Portugal and FC Dynamo Kyiv meet in Lisbon, after events on Matchday 5 decided their respective fates in Group F.
    • Sporting's 2-1 loss at Manchester United FC ended their faint hopes of UEFA Champions League progress, although Dynamo's 4-1 home defeat by AS Roma on the same night at least assured the Portuguese club the consolation of third place in the section and entry into the UEFA Cup.

Group G
    Fenerbahce v CSKA Moscow, G, 19:45
    Fenerbahçe SK have enjoyed a successful campaign so far in the UEFA Champions League and approach the final game in Group G knowing that one more win will assure them of a place in the knockout rounds for the first time. For PFC CSKA Moskva the end of the road is in sight – with just a single point so far they know their destiny is to finish bottom of the section.
    • If the Turkish side fail to win they are in danger of being overtaken in the race for second by PSV Eindhoven, who lie one point behind in third place and are at home to section winners FC Internazionale Milano. However, PSV would need to win as a draw in Eindhoven coupled with a defeat for Fenerbahçe would see Zico's team go through because of a superior head-to-head record.

PSV v Inter Milan, G, 19:45
    FC Internazionale Milano arrive in the Netherlands with their place as UEFA Champions League Group G winners already assured and for the home team the calculations are almost as simple: PSV Eindhoven must win and hope that Fenerbahçe SK fail to beat PFC CSKA Moskva in Istanbul to join Inter in the knockout rounds.
    • At least the Dutch champions, aiming for a fourth successive appearance in the last 16, know their European adventure will continue regardless of the Matchday 6 results. Should they miss out on UEFA Champions League progress, a place in the UEFA Cup Round of 32 was guaranteed with their 1-0 win in Moscow two weeks ago, secured by Jefferson Farfán's first-half goal.

Group H
    Arsenal v Steaua Bucharest, H, 19:45
    The issues in UEFA Champions League Group H are decided – bar one. All that remains is the identity of the section victors and Arsenal FC will need to return to winning ways in their home game with FC Steaua Bucureşti to have a hope of edging out Sevilla FC.
    • The defeat in Spain on Matchday 5 – Arsenal's first of the season in any competition – lifted Sevilla into first place but on their return to familiar surroundings, Arsène Wenger's side will hope to reassert their superiority, though they need SK Slavia Praha to take at least a point from their home game against Sevilla.

Slavia Prague v Sevilla, H, 19:45
    With one round of games to go in UEFA Champions League Group H, Sevilla FC have seized top spot ahead of Arsenal FC and they will be looking to cement that position away to a SK Slavia Praha side that lie third and will finish their debut campaign there regardless of results in the final matches.
    • Before Matchday 5 Slavia still had hopes of reaching the knockout stages but were unable to win away at FC Steaua Bucureşti while Sevilla's victory over Arsenal made that result irrelevant anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Accumulator is as follows

Barcelona -1.0 @ 5 - 4
    Roma @ 5 - 6
    Slavia Prague v Seville Over 1.5 Goals @ 1 - 3

€20 pays €110

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

this treble works out around 40/1

Sporting Lisbon v Dynamo Kiev
    Champions League Matches, Wednesday 12th December 2007, 19:45
    Sporting Lisbon -1.0 @ 15 - 8

2 Barcelona v Stuttgart
    Barcelona -2.0 @ 16 - 5

3 Arsenal v Steaua Bucharest
    Arsenal -2.0 @ 23 - 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Roma play Torino on Sunday - they are 13th in Serie A so I reckon Luciano Spalletti will play a pretty strong side, after all it would be embarrassing to get nothing against the Utd side that Fergie will field.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2960943,00.html

Barca are good for that -1

Is Wenger putting out a decent side?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

mike65 wrote: »
    Is Wenger putting out a decent side?

Ade and Rosicky to be rested. Expect Walcott, Bentner, Denilson and possibly Diaby to start.

I'm going large on a Fererbache/Sevilla @ 2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

A great bet is

Roma to win the first half and utd to win the game in second!

41-1 on coral!

Too many people are writing utd off - i think they can do it (not just saying that cause i'm a fan)

• Advertisement

jameshayes wrote: »
    A great bet is

Roma to win the first half and utd to win the game in second!

41-1 on coral!

Too many people are writing utd off - i think they can do it (not just saying that cause i'm a fan)

Its more or less wayne rooney vs roma.
    Cant see any possible way they can win.
    Can see it being an ill tempered affair as Roma are still hurting from
    the demolition last year.
    United at best will get a draw and would be very lucky to get that.
    Cant see anything other than a very comfortable Roma win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

half time betting

arsenal 8-11
    barca 10-11
    fenerbahce 8-11
    psv 7-4
    rangers draw 10-11
    man utd draw 11-10
    seville draw evs
    s lisbon 11-10

worth 3 quid

Lyon are missing 4 of thier best 11 including all the Brazilians. Rangers need only a draw at home Lyon have to win.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Even though I'm a Utd fan, I fancy Roma to beat them and I disagree with the Racing Post's view that there'll be over 2.5 goals. I just can't see where the goals will come from. I also fancy Lyon to take Rangers.

For me tonight:

Roma, Barca, Arsenal, Seville, PSV and Fenerbache: €10 pays €161.90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Lyon are missing 4 of thier best 11 including all the Brazilians. Rangers need only a draw at home Lyon have to win.

Mike.

Why don't I check things like this BEFORE I put my bets on!!!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Heres my thought, havent put a bet on yet.
    Rangers only need a draw but I might still put a win for them.
    United- Young team, but 3-1 on PP.
    Barca are already through but Stuttgart aren't in the same league as Barca second team.
    Arsenal have drawn and lost their two last games in Prem, so Wenger imo, will be out for a win before Grand Slam Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm going for Rangers and Roma on the double chance, and Barcelona to win. Another couple of quid on Barca -1 and -2 as well.

Kanney wrote: »
    Arsenal have drawn and lost their two last games in Prem, so Wenger imo, will be out for a win before Grand Slam Sunday.

I'd expect a win too but wouldn't be confident enough to add them at 1/5.

I'd expect a win too but wouldn't be confident enough to add them at 1/5.

Definitely not. Hardly even worth sticking them in.

Lyons probable team is
    Vercoutre
    Clerc - Squillaci - Anderson - Grosso
    Juninho - Toulalan - Kallstrom
    Govou - Benzema - Ben Arfa

Dont see anything wrong with that for a team.
    There are goals in that front 5 make no mistake.
    Juninho will almost definitely score a free kick, he is Lyons version of Gerrard
    Always seems to score a cracker in a vital European match.
    Fred isnt much of a loss but santos is.
    The other injuries Lyon have are all long term and so wont really affect them.
    Still cant see past a comfortable Lyon win.

IrishMike wrote: »
    Still cant see past a comfortable Lyon win.

Scottish teams at home in Europe ≠ comfortable anything.

True but Lyon were 3rd favourites to win this competition last year and i thought they would.
    They are a quality side with plenty of flare.
    Rangers will sit back and try and kick lumps out of them tbh.
    Lyon are excellent from set plays and will get plenty of them.
    Can see 1 or 2 goals from set plays.
    Then again i could be wrong, god knows i have before!!!!!!

Farsley Celtic v Torquay looks the best bet tonight.

Mike.

On who? Farsley or Torquay? :D

Torquay (2nd) GD +22 Farslay 20th GD -17 straight win for Torquay.

Atlectico Madrid are playing Second division side Granada 74 tonight away, 3.30 for AM -1 handicap.

combine the two for a 5/1 shot.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Torquay (2nd) GD +22 Farslay 20th GD -17 straight win for Torquay.

Atlectico Madrid are playing Second division side Granada 74 tonight away, 3.30 for AM -1 handicap.

combine the two for a 5/1 shot.

Mike.

Done. :D

Fenerbahce -1.0 8 - 11
    Barcelona -1.0 6 - 5
    Lyon 11 - 8
    Granada v Atletico Madrid
    Atletico Madrid to win and 1 or 2 total goals in the match 3 - 1
    €5 pays roughly €150

Barcelona -1.0 5 - 4
    Roma 5 - 6
    Slavia Prague v Seville Over 1.5 Goals 1 - 3
    €20 pays €110

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Hi Guys. had a miserable weekend in the stakes.

Firstly had a double with Everton amd Arsenal. AGAIN EVERTON WON AND GUNNERS let me down.

Then I'd 250 on Mayweather to win with Inter who won 4-0. So there flying it a min. So put the packet on live bettin on Paddy P.

What happened you guessed it lost the lot on a betting in Running match Epanyol were up 3-1 and the game finished a draw at 3-3.

Was so stupid.

So going to give it a good lash tonight. Stciking with double Man Utd draw 1/2 time Seville win.

100 euro win.

Dont do it 63587614
    united wont win

Jasus that sounds like the punt of a desperado. I don't do it, if you want a safeish CL bet go for Roma/draw and barca home.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

My bets for tonight;

1 -Sp Lisbon v Dinamo Kiev (Backing Sp Lisbon @ 1.5)
    2 -Roma v Man Utd - Over/Under 3.5 Goals (Backing Over 3.5 Goals @ 3.16)
    3 -Rangers v Lyon (Backing Rangers @ 3.16)
    4 -Arsenal v Steaua Bucharest - Over/Under 3.5 Goals (Backing Over 3.5 Goals @ 2.69)

40/1 €5 = 160 win

1 Fenerbahce v CSKA Moscow (Backing Fenerbahce @ 1.23)
    2 Slavia Prague v Sevilla (Backing Sevilla @ 1.89)
    3 Arsenal v Steaua Bucharest - Over/Under 1.5 Goals (Backing Over 1.5 Goals @ 1.23)

Went with this treble in the end, got greedy and added Arsenal

50 @ 2.86 on betfair multiples

Good luck all

Gone with two bets

Arse/Barca -1/Roma(draw)/Seville(draw)/Torquay

Torquay/Everton/Atletico Madrid-1

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Rangers/Lyon - draw
    Barc/Stut - Barc
    Fener/CSKA - Fener
    Slava/Sevil - Sevil

€1 wins around €9

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ah stuttgart were not supposed to score!

Advertisement