Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL problems

Options
  • 12-12-2007 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

I've discovered recently that the reason why EVE keeps crashing for me is due to NTL not sending packets fast enough for the game and so it crashes. The same thing has been happening to me with msn, the newer version anyway.

It's started happening since some apparent new merger. It's an absolute disgrace that a 6mb cable line can't run a MMORPG or msn messenger without them crashing every 10 minutes. How many people are having this problem? You reckon NTL will listen to me if I complain to them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Probably not if you mouth down the phone, just ask to speak to a 2nd Level Agent about your connection details.

Have you tried opening all yours ports and disabling the NAT / Firewall on the router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

No I haven't.... i'll work on that and get back to ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Zippitydoo wrote: »
    I've discovered recently that the reason why EVE keeps crashing for me is due to NTL not sending packets fast enough for the game and so it crashes. The same thing has been happening to me with msn, the newer version anyway.

How do you know that this is the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I have the same problem. There's a large thread on the eve forums about it aswell. I rang ntl and they told me to lower the games resolution.. :rolleyes: But I got a reply to an email I had sent a few days earlier saying "lots of our customers are having this issue we are working to fix it" That was about a week ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Jimmy didn't mean to jump the gun and accuse them but from what I've heard from other EVE players on NTL, it seems to be the general consensus.

It's enfuriating eh Xithus? I guess I'll just stick it out for the meantime, as I'm very happy with NTL in every other way- good to hear they're working on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Its driving me nuts. I'm going to change if its not fixed soon, Shame because like yourself I've no other problems with ntl.

Advertisement