Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rad

Options
  • 12-12-2007 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I have one rad in the house which does not heat up properly. Its a double rad. The inlet pipe is very hot and the outlet pipe is almost cold . This rad was washed out a few months ago. The origional never really worked either. What could be the problen and what is the answer. Any ideas. tks n adv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

had the same problem with one in my own house. asked the plumber for suggestions and he told me to turn off all the rads in the house except the one thats cold. also if the rad has a certain type of valve(thermostatici think its called) a little flange in the valve can stick causing the airlock ....like you described the inlet is hot but the rest is cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Did you eventually get the rad to heat up ( with all the others on ) and if so what did you do to make it work.
    Look forward to any info.
    P.S My rad is upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Alfa Mark

I have a similar problem with a double rad but in this case the out pipe is very hot and the in pipe barely warm. Could the pipes have been mixed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

All the problems are bad circulation - for whatever reason. Is the rad an extra one added to the system ? Is the circulating pump on fast speed ? Are the valves fully open at both ends etc.
    Jim.

Advertisement