Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is vdroop less of a problemon newer mainboards?

• 12-12-2007 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

currently have an abit ab9 quad gt and seem to be held back from surpassing 3.6 on my q6600 due to what looks to be a vdroop problem.
    am hopefuly getting aevga 680i a1 board and wondring was anthing done about the vdrop?
    an anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Nvidia i680 based mobos are horrible when it comes to Quad overclocking.
    You will be lucky to get 400MHz fsb, so at 3600MHz (400x9) you should be ok, assuming the Evga won't have any worse Vdroop than your AB9.

The closest thing to non existent Vdroop, would an be Asus motherboard with the P35/X38 chipset. The have an option in the BIOS called "Voltage Damper" which, when enabled it reduces Vdroop a lot. I was using a P5K Deluxe and when I selected 1.45V in the BIOS, I used to get 1.425V in Windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

well whats the big deal with quad overcocking on themas oposed to dual core overclocking?
    i thought the evga A1 680i was specificaly good for ocing quads and running sli?
    mmm confused...

Advertisement