Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to crazy town

Options
  • 12-12-2007 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

The super talented Jess Fink has been posting about her crazy neighbour over on her Livejournal and its well worth checking out as she and her boyfriend tired to use comics to communicate with said neighbour and she is now keeping a record of the events in comic forum.

Welcome to Crazy town
    part 1
    part 2
    part 3
    part 4
    part 5

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hehe, that's cool in a totally silly way. Not the neighbour lady, but the whole "communicating via comics" thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Fysh wrote: »
    Hehe, that's cool in a totally silly way. Not the neighbour lady, but the whole "communicating via comics" thing....

I think all future world conflicts should be solved with comics :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well we've already had propaganda drops by the USAF, can you imagine what would be happening right now in Iraq if instead of invading, the US military had just started an ongoing subversion campaign where every couple of days they widely distributed comics making Saddam Hussein look stupid? Bloodless revolution, I tell you.

It could keep those fundamentalist types quiet as well. Instead of protesting loudly in the streets about shooting that Mohammad the Teddy bear lady. (Interesting dichotomy - are they allowed to draw pictures of either the teddy in question or Mohammad himself if by doing so they seek to further the glory of Allah? [well, I say "further the glory Allah" but I suppose I should say "misrepresent themselves as a bunch of fundamentalist, gun-toting throwbacks shouting about their version of the Invisible Beard In The Sky" in the interests of accuracy, really...] 'Cos that'd be something. Hmm, maybe it's an excuse that cartoonist from a few months back could have used...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Advertisement