Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing exams and repeat fees...

Options
  • 12-12-2007 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

someone please help!! doin arts in first year and was stupid enough to choose philosophy,,,,,,so no i have failed 3 philosoph modules.

can someone tell me how much it costs to repeat the exams and when repeats are on???

im so lost and scared......

is it like 200e to repeat a module??! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

To resit/repeat a module its €200. To substitute a module its €315. http://www.ucd.ie/fees/fees/repeat/first_year.htm
    Resits will be in Semester 2 [with your sem 2 exams... 5th-16th May I think], you might have to repeat continuous assesment also. Your best bet is to contact the Programme Office and/or the Philosphy Dept.

Chances are you probably haven't failed so dont worry too much!! Concentrate on passing the rest of your exams. Best of luck :)

EDIT: If you pass everything else and your GPA meets the requirement [ask Programme office] you may be able pass up to 2 E grades by compensation. Once again your best off going into the Programme Office to explain your options further they're really helpful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ofcourse, wait till you know for certain what grade you got before contacting the programme office.

Hopefully you did better than you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

repeating exams in first year is free. however if you fail those then you have to pay for the pleasure to repeat the module(s) again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

x keo21 wrote: »
    repeating exams in first year is free. however if you fail those then you have to pay for the pleasure to repeat the module(s) again.

I dont think thats true. A friend of mine had to pay for repeating the modules and also didnt get his grant because he ended up in stage X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Could you provide a source on that? Sounds a little too good to be true, but if it is I have a friend who'd love to hear about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm nearly 100% sure that 1st yr repeat exams were free in the 2005/2006 term only. [because it was the last year of Summer repeats and twas a transitionary measure] You have to pay now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

omg i had no idea you had to pay to resit and i definately didnt know it would cost so much! they should have used that as scare tactics from day one :p

Advertisement