Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Violence while sleeping

Options
  • 12-12-2007 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi guys!
    ok this really weird thing happened to me the other night when i was sleeping. I was in bed with my boyfriend and it was about 5am. I can remember i was having an upsetting dream involving him but some other weird, distressing stuff too (i frequently have nightmares, if thats what they are classed as). All of a sudden, i sort of semi-consciously woke up and quite literally punched him in the face!!! I can remember being teary but falling straight back asleep. I only remembered when he told me the next morning!! What the heck was that about???? :eek: :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

lay off the extra strong cheese.. hope the poor bloke never does anything to really upset u.. oh and keep out of the horror section at extra vision seriously something you ate or you saw on TV triggered that chain of events to kick of in your head

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mostlycircles

Humm....ok!! Well i neither at cheese nor watched a creepy film (although i love horrors!)
    I dreamed that he was sleeping with another girl which was a bit sh*t!! But i didnt know emotional upset (also subconcious) could translate into physical violence in your sleep. Just sorta baffled as it was a first time. I also talk in my sleep from time to time though..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

look i fell asleep once and woke up but couldn't move.. f**k That i thought that auld nick had me by the short and curles.. in your case it has to be some thing in your diet.. heard that even tea causes some folk to flip out in to dream land.. just make sure that you don't ware any ring to be or some one could lose an eye.. try going to bed early for a change.. failing that knock your self out with a beer but don't drink every night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Ya I did that before too, was about 11 and my mother was sleeping in my bed because there were visitors, I half woke up feeling really irrationaly angry with her and elbowed her in the face. There was no explination for it and I was shocked and really ashamed when I woke up properly. I nearly broke her nose and she refuses to sleep anywhere near me anymore! I wouldnt worry about it though it was probably a once off, I've never done anything simular since.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

do you hit the guy normally? If thats the case...could be something more serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

look i fell asleep once and woke up but couldn't move..
    That's called Sleep Paralysis. It's the mechanism that prevents you thrashing about/sleepwalking while you dream. I remember the same thing happening to me and it's very scary.

Advertisement