Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoD4 boards.ie clan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

brds , is good for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

How about for our clan tag we use

GIMP
    GAYZ
    B00B
    T1TS
    T00L
    HOMO
    BENT
    KN0B
    C0CK

kidding kidding, was just seeing how many 4 letter words I could make that would prob get me banned

BRDS it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i made the team. im a level 43.

what games do you like playing??

im into headquaters as your points rack up in that, i got 700 last night for a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

i made the team. im a level 43.

what games do you like playing??

im into headquaters as your points rack up in that, i got 700 last night for a game.

christ 700 points is one game, how many kills did you have.

I like any team based ones, team deathmatch, domination etc etc

Have they sorted the issues with online play so as it was messed up last week?

i like ground war and team death match , but 700 in one game ?? welcome to the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i didnt get many kill tbh, (i normally get a max of about 10-15 per game) i captured a load of bases and finished the game on like 389, then was giving a 370 bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

BRDS sounds good to me , mostly play tdm myself but i'll play anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

BRDS sounds good... should be online after the matches tonight so maybe see some of you then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

can i join??

Gamertag

cian mc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I think we should make some rules..

Over 16's or over 18's I know alot here will be under 16 but like thats the reason most PC gaming clans have this rule.. so players can turn up for games practice etc etc

As for the forum when this idea came up last night I thought we could get a new forum on this going "boards.ie gaming clans" then have sub forums for games.. If that didn't work out im sure brim4brim wouldn't mind taking us in..

Also if you actually interested in this you have to make the 100% commitment to it.. I got cod4 played online a little bit got to lvl 11 but gave it to my friend to paly as I had kane and lynch.. but now im itching to get it back..

Should just draft up some rules keep things organised..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I wouldnt mind trying this out.
    If there is no way of getting a clan forum set up here then as brim4brim suggested xbox360exile.com would be more than happy to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

BFassassin wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind trying this out.
    If there is no way of getting a clan forum set up here then as brim4brim suggested exbox360exile.com would be more than happy to do it.

Friendly tip number 1: When pimping the site, try to spell the name right! :)

Guys your more than welcome to come sign up and I'll ask Easyfold for a subforum for ye and see what clan gaming features we can get setup.

We were talking about trying to organise a section for clans so they could organise matches before I saw this thread with forums for each clan already as others sites seem to lack the organisation features that clans need and some won't offer forums etc...

Just create a thread in the Welcome section if you decide to use our site and we'll welcome ye officially and give your wishlist of features and say I sent you and we'll see what we can setup for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I did spell it right :p

Right so, I think people who are 100% interested in this post there names up again.. and then we can make the thread over there if we cant get it here..

Ill post it now over in the forums section if someone hasn't already!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54642707#post54642707

heres the link to the request for the new forum for it.. anyone genuinely interested in this should go over there now and give there support!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

xbox360exile.com is a bit of a horrible slow site, asking people who want to form a boards clan to join some other site, where the idea has already sunk doesn't make any sense.

Requesting a new forum and a subforum, when this very thread serves all the purposes required to start the clan doesn't make sense either....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

well i would have been up for just a few casual games, i wouldnt be that commited to it so will probably leave it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

event, how about a "casual clan"

im interested in playing organised games too but not too sure if joining this clan involves "rules" etc...

fair enough over 16/18 but do you have to have a gamerscore over a certain level? or be at a certain level in COD4 itself? I haven't even played the game online yet!

maybe make us a "subclan" where you can practice against us as cannon fodder :D

Clans generally require the ability to turn up. If your just looking for casual games with a bunch of people on your friends list who aren't arses then your looking for what we do at xbox360exile.com at the moment.

There is no clan, you just start a thread in the event organiser and pick a time you want it to start and a game you want to play. Anyone that is free, has the game and wants to play, turns up.

We were also do Xbox Live centre meet ups for a while but I think we are stopping that because the last time they accepted our booking on a day they weren't opening :rolleyes:

BTW I saw someone say that I was offering space on my site. Its not my site, its Easyfolds, the system admin but he already said he was interested in the idea of hosting clans.

I don't notice the site being slow. It is image heavy but once thats in your cache on the first page load, it should load fast from then on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I would love to be included gamertag vaschro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

well i can run the whole shabang no problem do not mind at all.

Clearly what we have is a mix of casual and competitive gamers. What I think we can do is the following.

Get a list of all interested.

Then determine whose casual and whose competitive.

I can arrange gaming nights for the whole clan to mess around and have a laugh.

But for the competitive side i can arrange competivie matches against clans around europe and ireland no problem.

Now as you all now cod4 is coming to me x-mas day so wil ltake me some time to adapt to it.

But as someone whose ran big clans in big leagues, played professional fps games and invovled in the e-sports scene for some years.... i think i would be a good candidate :)

Of course people will be required to aid me in this campaign.

Tonight when i come home from college ill make a further post.

If i am voted to run the show there wont be too harsh resrtiction, i will post them when i come home like i said, but i dont want to be like hogging the fort, so if everyone agrees me to run it i will no problems.

Thought id dash up some things while im sitting around bored.

There should be two distinct parts of the clan

Competitive
    Casual

Casual :
    Must be over 16 years of age.

1-2 people are required to aid overall clan leader in organising games and running the games.

Games are organised to be played on a date that suits all.

There is no skill entry level, anyone is welcome.

Both competitive and casual gamers are welcome to join these matches.

Competitive :

Must be over 18 years of age ( players with adept skill and maturity under this age may be considered)

A certain squad number will be decided on and this number will be it, example 10 players 12 players etc etc.

A team Captain will be nominated. Their role will invole being the main strat running voice ingame. They will consult with clan leaders over player skill and current form.

The team will obviously require a certain skill, not measured by the ingame system. This skill will be measured by onlooking players/clan leaders. As the game is new some are playing longer then others and we want a fair balance so it will be decided on by people playing alongside each other, not an ingame ranking system.

Players whose form dip can be taken out of the squad and replaced with a casual gamer who wants to go competitive. This will only happen in extrememe circumstances of a very skilled casual gamer or a serious dip in form of a competitive gamer.

I will arrange compet team to play against some teams from ireland, uk and europe. Initially of low skill but as we progress a more stronger opposition.

These are just basic guidelines. Obviously people will have to be elected as an overall leader, and individual team leaders.

I can easily arrange gaming nights and matches, but its inevitably down to the players to turn up and "host" the game etc themselves. I'm not always available sat/sun nights etc.

Anyway thought that would be a rough guideline, although if its going to be a large number clan, its going to be tough to organise, might just be better having a post here and there arranging a game night.

TBH more i think about it i feel that would be a better idea, jsut arrange game nights or something. There is too many people, i anyway wouldnt feel comfortable being responsible for that many numbers of players, if anyone else does by all means.

But I think ill only get involved in organising if its a very small number of players.

im a casual gamer , im 33, not too intrested in playing with 16 year olds to be honest , :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

I'm a casual player my gamertag is Jonathongs.

I wouldn't mind jumping into some casual games. My gamertag is brim4brim and I'm more over 18 than I want to be but still a decade younger than coady :p

I'm only rank 2 ATM but I've only really played private matchs with friends.

eh... watch yourself :p im more a week end warrior so firday's and Saturdays are my only chance to play , also after 11pm poor me,,

Get more leaders to organise more players one leader per group of 10 - 12?

Thats the whole point in having another forum! Have stickies with upcoming games and practices/casual games what the teams are try outs etc etc. All that cannot be done in this thread.

Im up for both casual and competitive play I was playing the game last night and its so addictive!

daz0rz

arnt you banned for the forseable future :P

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Casual gamer here but well up for a few organised games too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

casual gamer here also ( vaschro )

Advertisement