Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Posted a cheque at Rathmines Post Office at 2pm on a Wednesday with a 70c stamp as supplied by the cashier.
    It arrived safe and sound at it's destination in Cork at 11am the next day, Thursday. Well done An Post!:)

Ring their customer service people and tell them how happy you are. They get nothing but crap from people on the phone- it really makes their day when one happy customer rings and compliments the service........ Customer service is one hell of a thankless task..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

hmm. This might make business sense if customers are going to be using the postal service to buy my bewk. I don't have a price for book yet though - so I'll say no more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 em264

I've never made any complaint on any form of social media but I'm disgusted by the treatment I have received from Bird Gais. I have been a customer for approximately 18 months. For the first few months everything was fine then they decided to reduce my direct debit drastically resulting in me owing them 600 Euro currently. I called on numerous occasions to have the dd amount corrected but never once has this been done. A complaint was raised over to months ago and I still have never been coontacteddispute calling customer care and been passed around departments, with calls lasting an hour on average. Today when I call, an agent <SNIP> was extremely rude and told me that the problem was my own fault, despite the previous 3 agents on this call stating that it was Bord Gais' error. I am disgusted with my treatment and presume the only avenue to get this sorted is through the CER. As a sales agent myself if I spoke to a customer the way I was spoken to today, I would be facing a disciplinary.

Rant over

Mod: Thread merged. Please do not name employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fear le solas

A very clear and obvious sign says don't do x cos y will happen. Customer does x. Y happens.
    The customer comes to the counter and screams at me for it being a **** system and that they want a refund. I explain that once the card payment has gone through then it's out of our hands as we don't 'have' the money to refund. I continue to remain patient although they are still screaming as I'm trying to explain that they will be refunded by their bank automatically, althought his falls on deaf ears.

I've worked in various customer service areas for years now and not once have I ever treated staff with such disrespect and humiliation, whether it is my fault or not.

I understand that if there is an issue, then I'm one of the first one to get the blunt end of it regardless of responsibility but I am starting to become fed up with people being rude for no reason, especially if they are in the wrong (which apparently is a touchy buzz word..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 em264

A very clear and obvious sign says don't do x cos y will happen. Customer does x. Y happens.
    The customer comes to the counter and screams at me for it being a **** system and that they want a refund. I explain that once the card payment has gone through then it's out of our hands as we don't 'have' the money to refund. I continue to remain patient although they are still screaming as I'm trying to explain that they will be refunded by their bank automatically, althought his falls on deaf ears.

I've worked in various customer service areas for years now and not once have I ever treated staff with such disrespect and humiliation, whether it is my fault or not.

I understand that if there is an issue, then I'm one of the first one to get the blunt end of it regardless of responsibility but I am starting to become fed up with people being rude for no reason, especially if they are in the wrong (which apparently is a touchy buzz word..)

I was not rude to any agents and never would be. I have been a customer service rep myself for years and also handled complaints so I am well versed in customers being irate when it's uncalled for.This was not one of those situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    em264 wrote: »
    I was not rude to any agents and never would be. I have been a customer service rep myself for years and also handled complaints so I am well versed in customers being irate when it's uncalled for.This was not one of those situations.

I don't think that was a reply to your post, as it was not quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hugabuga11

I contacted Parcel2Go to deliver a parcel to England from Ireland. When it wasn't collected I got in contact and they said UPS didn't have a collection point where I live but in fact UPS have delivered to me on many occassions. Anyway they arranged for Fastway to collect the parcel which they did. I insured the parcel just in case as it is an expensive piece. After a week there was no notification of it being delivered. I got onto the company that I sent it to and they said it hadn't arrived. Got back on to Parcel2Go and they said they would get back to me by e-mail or phone in two working days. Two days went by and no word so I got on to them again and they apologised and said they would investigate and get back to me in two working days. I left it a week and still no word. Back onto them again and now they will get back to me in 7 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Have you a specific question ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hugabuga11

No, just warning other people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Have you a specific question ?

I think hugabuga11 might be looking for some advice on what can he do about it.

Merged into Best/Worst Customer Services thread

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

Just did a search on google parcel2go consumer action group & frustratedcustomers.co.uk/complaints shall we say they have a bit of a reputation for losing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

We went to Halfords at Carrickmines recently looking for new wipers and got excellent service from 3 separate staff members. One of the fitters was leaving for lunch, noticed we needed help and walked us over to our car in the pouring rain, brought me back in and made sure I got the right items at the best price all while chatting and advising. Different guy at the till, kept queue in order, applied discount and then gave us extra that we weren't aware we were entitled to. Different guy did fitting, again in the pouring rain, and was really helpful and chatty. Great service.

That's good service allright but judging by the prices they charge for the wipers alone (nevermind the €2 per blade fitting charge) you paid dearly for it imo. I find that a motor factors usually charge about 2/3rds what Halfords charge for the same brand wipers. I've seen some even fit them for free if you ask really nicely (though probably not in the pouring rain).

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fear le solas

em264 wrote: »

Wrong reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Praise for Firehouse Pizza in Ballymun.

Ordered two pizzas on Sunday. Took nearly two hours, and a few phone calls where I was lied to, before cold pizzas arrived.

Couldn't find a working email, so complained on facebook.

This morning, they've credited my account with two free pizzas, and apologised.

Fair play to them for a quick resolution :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    Praise for Firehouse Pizza in Ballymun.

Ordered two pizzas on Sunday. Took nearly two hours, and a few phone calls where I was lied to, before cold pizzas arrived.

Couldn't find a working email, so complained on facebook.

This morning, they've credited my account with two free pizzas, and apologised.

Fair play to them for a quick resolution :)

Yes, fair enough. But that was desperate service to begin with. 2 hours waiting, several phonecalls, lied to, cold pizzas when they finally arrived, had to complain on Facebook and they give you 2 free pizzas. Hardly brilliant service in my book.

Yes, fair enough. But that was desperate service to begin with. 2 hours waiting, several phonecalls, lied to, cold pizzas when they finally arrived, had to complain on Facebook and they give you 2 free pizzas. Hardly brilliant service in my book.

Yeah, it was abysmal service initially. I've never had issues with them before this.

That the manager took it seriously and resolved it, deserves praise IMO. It's not often I've seen a company hold their hands up and say the messed up.

Yeah, it was abysmal service initially. I've never had issues with them before this.

That the manager took it seriously and resolved it, deserves praise IMO. It's not often I've seen a company hold their hands up and say the messed up.

They've gotten in touch again and are also crediting us with another load of food worth approximately 50 quid.

That's beyond generous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Were the 2 free pizzas replacements for the cold ones they delivered or 2 free pizzas in addition to not charging for the cold ones?

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Were the 2 free pizzas replacements for the cold ones they delivered or 2 free pizzas in addition to not charging for the cold ones?

Replacements, so I assume the other load of stuff they offered is a goodwill gesture

• Registered Users Posts: 1 consumerwatch

Doing the rounds at all the shows......nothing wrong with the product used Andura, however the company themselves have simply been beyond terrible at customer service. If like this before doing the job imagine what it would be like if you had to call them out on the 15 year guarantee......

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

Went to Gamestop today to cancel a pre-order on a game coming out in November as my girlfriend had it pre-ordered on Amazon for me as a birthday present and let it slip yesterday. Asked the sales advisor/manager if I could cancel my pre-order and told him the story about my girlfriend pre-ordering it for me. He then becomes rude and obnoxious, trying to force me to transfer the amount onto a different pre-order. I declined his offer as there was no games coming out that I fancied getting and told him I'd like the money back instead. He then stopped communicating with me, threw a receipt on the counter for me to sign and then slams the money on the counter. I took it and thanked him and he didn't even say one word. Last time I'm going to Gamestop anyway, it seems they have a habit of employing rude staff and I wouldn't mind, he was the manager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Arnotts - I got very good customer service there last week, in more than one department. This hasn't always been my experience there, but things seem to have changed for the better, lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Bose in Dundrum Town Centre.

Went in with my 3 year old headphones, explained how a (removable) connection had cracked and won't take the headphone jack into it anymore.

I was fully expecting to buy a new pair, then rep went into the back and removed them off of a brand new pair of headphones, saw that it fit mine and let me go with it in tow for free!

Safe to say they'll be my first port of call with future purchases!

Proper way to do service!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Went to Gamestop today to cancel a pre-order on a game coming out in November as my girlfriend had it pre-ordered on Amazon for me as a birthday present and let it slip yesterday. Asked the sales advisor/manager if I could cancel my pre-order and told him the story about my girlfriend pre-ordering it for me. He then becomes rude and obnoxious, trying to force me to transfer the amount onto a different pre-order. I declined his offer as there was no games coming out that I fancied getting and told him I'd like the money back instead. He then stopped communicating with me, threw a receipt on the counter for me to sign and then slams the money on the counter. I took it and thanked him and he didn't even say one word. Last time I'm going to Gamestop anyway, it seems they have a habit of employing rude staff and I wouldn't mind, he was the manager!

You'd think with Steam eating them alive they'd be making a bit of an extra effort.

Zillah wrote: »
    You'd think with Steam eating them alive they'd be making a bit of an extra effort.

He's probably just an employee living for the weekend or getting through college.. Gamestop's annual returns are probably the least of his concerns unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Good
    He's probably just an employee living for the weekend or getting through college.. Gamestop's annual returns are probably the least of his concerns unfortunately!

He was the manager?

• Advertisement

MOH wrote: »
    He was the manager?

I was a manager while in college...

Advertisement