Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

What advice are you looking for OP?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Menas wrote: »
    What advice are you looking for OP?!

OP is not looking for any advice, it's a rant accompanied by a negative recommendation i.e. don't give these bastards your business.

Clearly the OP is a subscriber to the principle: 'Don't get mad, get even.'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

"Order now for guaranteed Christmas delivery and 10% off your order"....is what the email said...bigger fool me..

Its today...postman is gone and no lenses , so its back to the glasses for christmas...tanks Vision Direct...back to Lense Planet...:mad::rolleyes:

Ordered two weeks ago before you ask..

Following on from this...money was refunded.....luckily for me as a quick search found
    http://www.alensa.ie/ ........ordered on 28..delivered on the 29....now thats good service, AND cheaper than that other crowd....i can see again....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I was in Xtravision / HMV in Athlone at weekend and picked out 4 DVD's to purchase. Went to the counter where there were 3 members of staff 'working' and waited almost 10 minutes behind the one person who was being dealt with by a man while the other 2 (ladies) fiddled about with a bits of paper and talking to each other but neither actually serving anybody. They totally blanked me so I dropped the DVD's on the shelf and left. No wonder it's closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 angrylady

anyone else out there have serious issues with Parcel2go, i sent a parcel with them the 5th december, firstly it was no collcted on agreed date yet scanning showed up it was collcted, the latest date for delivery was the 16th December and it is still no updated or delivered. i tried to created a claim as i paid extra when sending package for insurance but this was rejected as package found but still no online tracking updates or delivery. i have spoken daily to company via online help and keep getting same respone we are following up on it but yet no one ever gets back to me.
    just putting this out if thinking of sending a pacel use a different courier service as this company is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 p2g_qc

<SNIP> PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Esho

Best: Aviva
    Worst UPC - terrible, no straight answers, incorrect information, wastes an hour out life on each call

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Esho wrote: »
    Best: Aviva
    Worst UPC - terrible, no straight answers, incorrect information, wastes an hour out life on each call

I find the UPC online chat much better than their phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 angrylady

angrylady wrote: »
    anyone else out there have serious issues with Parcel2go, i sent a parcel with them the 5th december, firstly it was no collcted on agreed date yet scanning showed up it was collcted, the latest date for delivery was the 16th December and it is still no updated or delivered. i tried to created a claim as i paid extra when sending package for insurance but this was rejected as package found but still no online tracking updates or delivery. i have spoken daily to company via online help and keep getting same respone we are following up on it but yet no one ever gets back to me.
    just putting this out if thinking of sending a pacel use a different courier service as this company is a disgrace.

A very helpful member from calaims in parcel2go replied and finally all is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Argos.Both my son an electrical scooter for Christmas,wouldnt charge.Got another one,same thing.

Brought it back last night and was expecting it to be awkward to change it for something different
    Lovely helpful lady who swapped it no bother and without hassle.It was great dealing wiht someone effeciant and knew what they where doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

aer lingus,i can safely say i will never use their services again after this morning,no customer servive and a rude bunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

aer lingus,i can safely say i will never use their services again after this morning,no customer servive and a rude bunch...
    What happened?

TheChizler wrote: »
    What happened?

turned up in plenty of time for my flight with them to amsterdam where id be flying on to bangkok with china air,i knew by the fella at the check in he was going to be obtuse,he started questioning why i had a one way flight and i explained i was travelling a few countries in the region and didnt have a return date let alone what place id be in.he said id need evidence that i was travelling outside of bangkok city,so fair enough i went off and spent half an hour booking a train and ferry to some island down there and came back showed him the email,wasnt good enough after him telling me thats what i had to do.

then he changed tack and said i needed something to say i was travelling out of thailand,bit of a panic on at this stage as the minutes were melting down.dealing online with tour operators is not easy a lot of the sites arent even in english plus the time of filling in every detail(there like there minute details over there,so after a few dead ends i got something booked and arrived back to him with 40 minutes until the plane took off and he looks at me "gates closed buddy" in a real snotty manner looking me up and down.he sent me over to another aer lingus desk were they made no attempt to get me on a later flight or even one during the week,they sent me on to another aer lingus desk were she just took the details wrote out a number for china air and told me to ring them.basically i ened up back outside terminal 2...no holiday,no rescheduled flight,no refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Praise: Costa Coffee bar in Stillorgan cinema, about 7 in the evening. Served by friend barista to my table and nice caramel cappucino with a muffin. I did'nt go to a movie btw, the other coffee places I tried beforehand had sizeable queues to join before being served.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

i had a one way flight and i explained i was travelling a few countries in the region and didnt have a return date let alone what place id be in.he said id need evidence that i was travelling outside of bangkok city,so fair enough i went off and spent half an hour booking a train and ferry to some island down there and came back showed him the email,wasnt good enough after him telling me thats what i had to do.

then he changed tack and said i needed something to say i was travelling out of thailand

I'm not entirely sure that's the fault of Aer Lingus. Did you check the visa rules when you were planning your trip?
    A visa is not required for entering Thailand for some EU Nationals, American, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand citizens (countries on waiver scheme), provided all of the following conditions can be satisfied:
    a) Purpose of visit is tourism only.
    b) Duration of stay is less than 30 days
    c) Visitor is in possession of a pre-booked flight from Thailand within 30 days

turned up in plenty of time for my flight with them to amsterdam where id be flying on to bangkok with china air,i knew by the fella at the check in he was going to be obtuse,he started questioning why i had a one way flight and i explained i was travelling a few countries in the region and didnt have a return date let alone what place id be in.he said id need evidence that i was travelling outside of bangkok city,so fair enough i went off and spent half an hour booking a train and ferry to some island down there and came back showed him the email,wasnt good enough after him telling me thats what i had to do.

then he changed tack and said i needed something to say i was travelling out of thailand,bit of a panic on at this stage as the minutes were melting down.dealing online with tour operators is not easy a lot of the sites arent even in english plus the time of filling in every detail(there like there minute details over there,so after a few dead ends i got something booked and arrived back to him with 40 minutes until the plane took off and he looks at me "gates closed buddy" in a real snotty manner looking me up and down.he sent me over to another aer lingus desk were they made no attempt to get me on a later flight or even one during the week,they sent me on to another aer lingus desk were she just took the details wrote out a number for china air and told me to ring them.basically i ened up back outside terminal 2...no holiday,no rescheduled flight,no refund

was the flight to ams and then on to BKK booked as part of the same ticket? I.E. the checkin guy at DUB was checking you straight through to BKK including your baggage? if he was then i can see why he asked you the questions he did. If you turn up at BKK with no return flight booked then there is a possibility that thai immigration will turn you back. If they do then the airline is responsible for flying you back and they also get fined by the Thais. That doesnt explain his attitude but it would explain why he asked those questions.

seems i was beaten to it by a much more succinct answer while i was typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Anybody understand this, Why would Aerlingus care about my travel plans?:confused:
    forget this, never dealt with these kind of visas before

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

dohouch wrote: »
    Anybody understand this, Why would Aerlingus care about my travel plans?:confused:

yep, see post 2 above yours.

was the flight to ams and then on to BKK booked as part of the same ticket? I.E. the checkin guy at DUB was checking you straight through to BKK including your baggage? if he was then i can see why he asked you the questions he did. If you turn up at BKK with no return flight booked then there is a possibility that thai immigration will turn you back. If they do then the airline is responsible for flying you back and they also get fined by the Thais. That doesnt explain his attitude but it would explain why he asked those questions.

i had no problem with that,what i did have a problem with was doing what he asked and then being told it wouldnt do it ate up a lot of time and being sent onto desk after desk to be dealing with people who had no interest in sorting it out,ive flown a lot and anytime ive missed a flight or something went wrong other airlines went above and beyond to get you there even on another airline with a small fee attached,even dealing with them over the phone yesterday was no easy task,i ,left my number with 3 different operators and none of them have rang back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

you need proof of onward travel from certain countries of which Thailand is one - the onus is on you, the passenger, to ensure you have proper documentation to travel.

His attitude may have been off but sometimes people will come on travel boards to complain when they don't get what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Good

That would make sense, but it sounds like he asked for proof of the wrong thing first, leading to the delay which caused the poster to miss his flight.

MOH wrote: »
    That would make sense, but it sounds like he asked for proof of the wrong thing first, leading to the delay which caused the poster to miss his flight.

It does seem that way. which is the fault of the aer lingus guy. But the onus is on the traveller to know the conditions of the visa they will be using and ensure they adhere to them. In this case having a return flight (or a flight outside thailand) booked before travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Not much help to you now but if you find yourself in the position again just book a full fare flight for anytime out of Thailand and preferably to Europe or visa free entry country then later just cancel it, make sure it's a full fare refundable.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Aer Lingus enforced the Thai visa rules, as they are legally required to.

Your fault, not theirs.

They would have been responsible for part of the cost of your inevitable deportation on refusal of entry (Thailand won't let you in without that proof) also. Thai immigration wouldn't let you go buy a flight to somewhere random while arguing with them - they'd be sending you back.

As goes telling you to contact Air China / China Airlines (I can't tell which it was, two very different companies) - that would be because your ticket was issued by them and Aer Lingus can't alter it

You need to seriously improve your research before starting off on expeditions

Also - how did you end up getting the same checkin agent every time when there's about 20 of them?

L1011 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus enforced the Thai visa rules, as they are legally required to.

Your fault, not theirs.

They would have been responsible for part of the cost of your inevitable deportation on refusal of entry (Thailand won't let you in without that proof) also. Thai immigration wouldn't let you go buy a flight to somewhere random while arguing with them - they'd be sending you back.

As goes telling you to contact Air China / China Airlines (I can't tell which it was, two very different companies) - that would be because your ticket was issued by them and Aer Lingus can't alter it

You need to seriously improve your research before starting off on expeditions

Also - how did you end up getting the same checkin agent every time when there's about 20 of them?

as i said id no problem with that,ive flown twice into thailand on a one way, regulations change and whatever but to get him specifically what he asked for and then not accept it is different.funny thing id two mates on the same flight but were flying with a different carrier from amsterdam on one way tickets(they managed to mess up their flights and luggage along the way).ended up with the same fella because there wasnt much people checking in and we were dealing with him from the start.at the end of the day after being polite at three counters and numerous phonecalls i can only say they are not a happy bunch whether thats down to job conditions or moral who knows,i wouldnt be flying with them again anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Powercity in Tallaght.

Recently the mother bought a new phone for the house. Went up to Powercity as they had the model she wanted, and she also wanted to enquire about a second handset for the bedroom. From what I understand the sales person she spoke with was both uninterested and dismissive, but she came away with the phone she wanted (display model being the only one available, no problem).
    When I get to the house we discover no manual in the box, and the phone won't connect to the base. So straight back to Powercity, the salesperson is at the helpdesk. I approach him and explain the problem, and true to his previous form (possibly on seeing it was my mother) was uninterested and dismissive, passing us off onto another. I should say this second chap was very helpful, attentive and polite.

Will not be returning to Powercity.

A customer shouldn't have to work harder than the salesperson to spend money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

A shame I didn't search parcel2go here on boards before I booked with them last Saturday. They've been a nightmare. I've worked from home 3 days in a row, each day promised that the courier would arrive and they never arrived. I've emailed them and they keep telling me the courier is booked, then 'oh, I'm amazed they didn't turn up. I'll rebook it for tomorrow'. It's like groundhog day. I reckon 3 times fooled is enough. Be warned - don't do business with them.

Mod : Merged with Best/worst customer service thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

So I just got an email back from them (because they don't have a phone number so you can't ring - I wonder why) and they say collection isn't guaranteed. What a wonderful business model! Like when I go to the pub and pay for a pint, but my pint isn't guaranteed. Or when I go to the shop and pay for a loaf of bread but the loaf of bread might or might not materialise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Well you're at least due the delivery costs back based on the fact that you paid for a service they didn't provide.

Advertisement