Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    But what about the regular non-poxy sandwich shops Degsy?

They don't exist - pretty much every "purely" sandwich making place I've ever seen both rips you off & gives you a sub-standard amount of whatever you've asked for. Taking you from both ends. Far from being a good deal, (spar) however the shop around the corner from my job gives massive sambos overflowing (too much) with what u ask for and give u lower prices because they know people (not personally just from getting sambos there regularily). I know it ain't store policy, it's just staff being sound - but I go back there despite the somewhat low quality contents of said sambos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

From Wikpedia:

E120 is in loads of sweets. Its the thing in Mr Kipling foods that stops me from eating their products.

Yikes! :eek: Never knew that.

It's not gonna stop me eating them though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I won't buy or use anything made by Sharp cause they sponsored United when I was growing up.

Your loss Xavi6, Sharp make great stuff.

Now that piss poor Crown paints.

Id rather drink cat urine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Dixons/PC world whatever their name is

This company really does know how to take the piss.... I dunno why they are still in business. They can't get anything right

I would never deal with them after i get my laptop repaired.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Carphone Warehouse - the most incompetent crowd I've ever has the displeasure to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Don't drink in pubs since the smoking ban.

The smoking ban is hardly the pubs fault though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Yikes! :eek: Never knew that.

It's not gonna stop me eating them though! :D

ditto. bug yumminess :)

Dades wrote: »
    Carphone Warehouse - the most incompetent crowd I've ever has the displeasure to deal with.

But they have such a modern, up-to-date name!

Carphone? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Well fancy that! So what you are saying then, is that the next time I buy a packet of smarties I really will have ants in my pants!

Yes*

*well assuming you either pour the smarties into your underwear once you buy them, or soil yourself several hours afterwards. Otherwise you will just have beetles in your mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

The GAA
    Bus Eireann
    Irish Rail
    Aer Lingus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Refuse to buy Hard Drives from Seagate for years now, ever since I read about their discrimination of Catcholic's at their plant in Norn Iron and refusing to employ them.

Won't buy Tayto anymore since they fcked over their workforce in Ireland.

Any company that's made their business in Ireland and then due to greed have gone and uprooted to India or wherever else they pay crap wages - I refuse to deal with or buy their products anymore.

Same with Dunne Stores that someone else mentioned in regards South Africa, never shop in there.

Won't buy fruit or Veg in Super Valu as it's near enough always out of date, gone off/going off or just plain rotten. Used to work in Super Valu years ago myself and can't believe how much they've let themselves slide over the years.

Won't ever get NTL installed due to them years ago (Cablelink at the time)bowing to political pressure and imposing censorship on a Ch4 programme about joyriders in Dublin which had a part of the programme showing the garda beating the crap out of a few kids no older than 10 years old. Subsequently going out of my way since that time to get satellite and have been using satellite ever since for TV viewing.

Gave up the Sky and won't be going back to it as it's just way too expensive, bought a better dish and a motor instead.

Won't use Irish Ferries due to the way they treated their Irish staff.

Won't eat in the chinese resteraunt in Santy Omni beside the cinema there due to getting terrible service, cold food and then the cheek of them afterwards trying to charge me a 10% service charge AND the waiter/waitresses standing around expecting a tip on top of it all.

Won't buy a take away from anywhere unless I can clearly see the food being cooked/prepared.

Won't buy any newspaper in Ireland, especially not the Herald, due to them continually churning out propagandist government induced spin/shyte.

Lastly, biggest step of all really, refused to get my two children christened/baptised and they still remain this way without any religion at all - due to the rampant pedophilia in the Catcholic church and the cover up of same by ALL OF THEM ! Wasn't just a few, they all at least knew what was going on.
    Local school (which is Catholic as most are in Ireland) has no problem and have told me I'm not alone in doing something like this.

Have lots more but windows update is driving my computer nuts right now so bette rpost this before I lose it all.

So with all that boycotting you're living the Amish lifestyle basically? :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Otherwise you will just have beetles in your mouth!

If they caramelised or deepfried them, I'd eat them.

Charco wrote: »
    I refuse to buy Irish newspapers, there is not a decent daily paper in this country. The choice of either buying tabloid trash or Tony O'Reilly trash is pitfull really. I wonder if our choice is representative of the population at large?

Does Tony O'Reilly own the Irish Times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Sky: Bunch of thieving rude bastards

Dont think Id ever use bank of ireland as there not great for customer service

Certain hospitals

And certain doctors in my area...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Refuse to buy Hard Drives from Seagate for years now, ever since I read about their discrimination of Catcholic's at their plant in Norn Iron and refusing to employ them.

Any company that's made their business in Ireland and then due to greed have gone and uprooted to India or wherever else they pay crap wages - I refuse to deal with or buy their products anymore.

Same with Dunne Stores that someone else mentioned in regards South Africa, never shop in there.

Won't buy fruit or Veg in Super Valu as it's near enough always out of date, gone off/going off or just plain rotten. Used to work in Super Valu years ago myself and can't believe how much they've let themselves slide over the years.

Won't ever get NTL installed due to them years ago (Cablelink at the time)bowing to political pressure and imposing censorship on a Ch4 programme about joyriders in Dublin which had a part of the programme showing the garda beating the crap out of a few kids no older than 10 years old. Subsequently going out of my way since that time to get satellite and have been using satellite ever since for TV viewing.

Gave up the Sky and won't be going back to it as it's just way too expensive, bought a better dish and a motor instead.

Won't eat in the chinese resteraunt in Santy Omni beside the cinema there due to getting terrible service, cold food and then the cheek of them afterwards trying to charge me a 10% service charge AND the waiter/waitresses standing around expecting a tip on top of it all.

Won't buy a take away from anywhere unless I can clearly see the food being cooked/prepared.

Won't buy any newspaper in Ireland, especially not the Herald, due to them continually churning out propagandist government induced spin/shyte.

Lastly, biggest step of all really, refused to get my two children christened/baptised and they still remain this way without any religion at all - due to the rampant pedophilia in the Catcholic church and the cover up of same by ALL OF THEM ! Wasn't just a few, they all at least knew what was going on.
    Local school (which is Catholic as most are in Ireland) has no problem and have told me I'm not alone in doing something like this.

Have lots more but windows update is driving my computer nuts right now so bette rpost this before I lose it all.
    :eek:
    Are you sure it's the products/services are at fault? Perhaps you're just an awkward customer?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

that is some list of gripes!!!

prendy wrote: »
    that is some list of gripes!!!

Makes even Degsy look like an easy-to-please chappie! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Wont ever buy Tony Quinn supplements because a)they're a load of crap and b)he's a bone-shaking,witchdoctor,charlatan of a greedy bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

PC World, was about to spend a cuple of hundred € on a new video card, wanted to ask some questions, asked a girl on the floor and she sent me over to the techie guy at the desk, he proceeded to ignore me, there was no one around, fiddled around with a pc, rang one of his mates, 10 minutes I was standing there, I had finally had enough when he "noticed" me and proceeded to ask if he could help, I replied no and walked out of the shop, have not been since and never will again. BTW I have gone in there before this a few times and got crappy / ignorant service, this was the last straw!

I'm with you stood at the repairs desk for 10mins, the guy looked at me and put his head back down and never asked me did i need any help! Complained to manager and he refused to help me even though on the phone he said he could help! They can f right off. Bought my new laptop in Expert! Lovely people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Virgin ....they lost my passport when I was going on honeymoon ,
    Woman behind the counter gave it to the wrong person and they threw it away :eek:..someone found it 15 mins before the flight was to leave !! Wnakers !!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Deadeyes

EA Games, destroying the industry buying up innovative companies and then regurgitating the same game on an annual basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

Bendihorse wrote: »
    My hair dresser. Iv been going to her for 8 years now, every 4 months spending in or around 100euro each time. I have sent her tonnes of business over the years, mother, sisters, cousins, aunts, friends, brothers girlfriend, boyfriends sister etc etc

Anyway, 4 weeks ago i made an appointment 4 days in advance as usual. Turned up and she asked me what i wanted. She then proceeded to set up a junior at putting in my highlights >:( After which, she came over and asked me what style i wanted. I explained. She literally spend 30seconds cutting the bottom 3 inches off the lenght of my hair, never trimmed any of my layers or anything then charged me 140euro for the pleasure. 40-60euro more than it usually is.

The only Problem there is that you paid her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jjslinkey

post bank! after they lost two months worth of wages on me, loads of phone calls to try find out what was happening with MY money. i kept being told we'll ring you back by this close of busness..... two weeks later noting. took a phone call ta the finacial regulater and post bank stateing i was contacting the gardi for the bastards ta give me a ring back! only got it all back yesterday.... but im still broke because i had ta take out lones ta pay me rent and bills. and all post bank did was ofer me a 200E overdrauht with intrest! i wont be going back to them, closed my acounts today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Deadeyes wrote: »
    EA Games, destroying the industry buying up innovative companies and then regurgitating the same game on an annual basis.

Spore, Dead Space, Mirrors Edge, Boom Blox and Rock Band all want a word with you.
    Also, if you're boycotting EA games then you're only buying from people like Ubi, Activison/blizzard?
    Guess what?
    They're just as bad. Enjoy your hypocrisy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Panda bins.

*knock knock knock* *pester pester pester*... "No thanks...".
    *knock knock knock* *pester pester pester*... "No thanks..."
    *knock knock knock* *pester pester pester*... "No thanks!"
    *knock knock knock* *pester pester pester*... "No thanks!!!11!"
    *knock knock knock* *pester pester pester*... "I was just about to change, but then you pestered me again and I changed my damn mind!! Go away and never come back!!"
    *knock knock knock*......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Victor Meldrew + internet connection = ^^

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

U.S Airways....used them once and after the flight the captain made an announcment asking passengers to clean up around their seat area due to cutbacks in the company. I would never leave any area I was sitting in full of rubbish (other than fast food places) but asking people to clean up around their seats is a joke.

Ryanair for that, double booking, 8 hour delays and many other crimes.
    The GAA
    Evening Herald and by association,
    Anything by Independent Newspapers
    Carrolls
    Derry City FC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Deadeyes

Spore, Dead Space, Mirrors Edge, Boom Blox and Rock Band all want a word with you.
    Also, if you're boycotting EA games then you're only buying from people like Ubi, Activison/blizzard?
    Guess what?
    They're just as bad. Enjoy your hypocrisy.
    Spore? Enjoy your secuRom. Actually it doesn't mean I'm buying games from anyone. It does mean that because of their past activities even if they come up with something good I'll refuse to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Quality post. Reminds me of Father Ted with the acceptance speech for the Golden Cleric. :D

- "Where are you NOW, Father John Arundel, while I'm here receiving an award for being a really GREAT priest!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Spore? Enjoy your secuRom.

Nothing wrong with SecuRom, also well done on ignoring the point.
    Actually it doesn't mean I'm buying games from anyone. It does mean that because of their past activities even if they come up with something good I'll refuse to buy it.

uh-huh, suuuure.

Advertisement