Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Apple. First iPod screen burned out (insured thankfully). Current iPod is just about satisfactory- the battery power reading is completely inaccurate, can be 75% green, 20 minutes later you run out of power. Also has a habit of not switching off or turning itself on when it feels like it, wasting more power.

I would say I never buy from Atlantic Homecare, but that is because whenever I have visited their massive warehouse to buy fairly common sh1t you would expect to get at a DIY store (3 past year occasions: a key cut, a bike lock and a drain unclogger/plunger) they had absoloutely none of these products/services anywhere within their football field sized warehouse :confused: Whcih you only find out after searching 10 mins for a floorwalking staff member.

PC World staff always approach with assistance when you are just browsing/killing time, on the v rare occasion I need a product/advice anything PC related there isnt one to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I don't eat at O'Briens because it's overpriced crap and the manager in the Tallaght one is a twat.

I am very selective about which branches of GAME I use. Basically just Dundrum and Tallaght - the ones where I used to work ;)

I try not to buy from Super Valu, simply because I know just how exploitative the manager of my local one is (he has hired 12 year olds and plenty of illegal immigrants - and paid all of them below minimum wage).

I don't buy from Evans because every pair of jeans I've ever had from them has fallen apart within 4-6 months.

I dislike Windows, and Microsoft in general, greatly. I am a happy Mac user, and if I am using any non-Apple hardware I'd install Ubuntu.

I will never buy another Blizzard game - I am an ex-WoW addict and tbh they're crack dealers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

SPAR. Disgusting "food", treat the workers like crap and merrily price gouge just as much as they can get away with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I don't eat at O'Briens because it's overpriced crap and the manager in the Tallaght one is a twat.

I am very selective about which branches of GAME I use. Basically just Dundrum and Tallaght - the ones where I used to work ;)

I try not to buy from Super Valu, simply because I know just how exploitative the manager of my local one is (he has hired 12 year olds and plenty of illegal immigrants - and paid all of them below minimum wage).

I don't buy from Evans because every pair of jeans I've ever had from them has fallen apart within 4-6 months.

I dislike Windows, and Microsoft in general, greatly. I am a happy Mac user, and if I am using any non-Apple hardware I'd install Ubuntu.

I will never buy another Blizzard game - I am an ex-WoW addict and tbh they're crack dealers :pac:

wow, that's a fair few, and I thought I was extreme because I won't buy Israeli basil from Superquinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Micro$oft , Apple , Most if not all brick and mortar Comp stores , Starbucks , Eircom , and Dell:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Personaly I think a good chunk of it (his post) is stupid.

You made me all horny when I read that...I'd love to see you in a tight pair of leather pants and a tank top, durty little minx !!!
    NTL for a start, whatever about disliking them for current issues, avoiding them because of the actions of people that owned the company 2 or 3 owners ago is pointless.

Nothing much has changed far as what I can see, Cablelink, NTL, UPC, whatever they call themselves these days - apart from prices rising and little if any actual investment outside of their bread and butter safe bet area's.
    Once bitten, twice shy and all that and I couldn't care less either way, I get freedom of choice from all over Europe and beyond with a motorised satellite system with no Irish government censorship imposed either.
    It's akin to not going to England because of the whol e"800 years" crap.

Now see that's just a stupid comment.
    "Burn everything British but their coal" would've been more apt :rolleyes:
    Wont use takaways that dont let you see the food being made but restaurants are grand?:rolleyes:

Actually if you've read some of my past comments on what I've saw some chefs get up too, you'd know I'd be hard pushed to even get me eating in any restaurant at all. Wasn't just me anyway that the Chinese place there lost custom from, was about 25 of us in all at a birthday dinner for someone at the time, so that 25 plus whoever else we've all passed the word on too since = a lot of lost custom for that restaurant.
    What's wrong with what I said anyway ? Perfect example of a great chinese take away is to be had from the "Mars" chinese takeaway on I think it's Richmond Road, across from the AIB there on the corner, section of where Lwr Camden street meets up with Rathmines road. You can see your food being prepared and being cooked. Personally I commend any take away or restaurant that do such like.
    Lot of places in Chinatown in London do the same - Just wish they'd do it more in Ireland.
    He wont baptise his kids ( I dislike religons myself btw and take no part in any of them) because of the catholic church but boycotts a company because, in the past they discriminated against catholics.

Mr Mod replied best on this point but just to add (for what it's worth) that I'd equally feel the same way if they (Seagate) discriminated against Protestants.
    So if companies dont hide the fact they charge different amounts in different countries they should be boycotted, but if they do hide them they are fine? Clue: all companies that operate in different countries do that.

Doesn't mean they're right or should be forgiven for overcharging Irish people. They've just been too stupid/lazy to remove the dual price tags and people are a lot more concious of exchange rates and being overcharged these days that we do as a general public notice these things a lot more.

I also don't buy clothes in Penny's anymore due to them being involved with sweatshops in the developing world and utilising child labour.
    I know they've said they won't do it anymore, we're sorry, blah blah but I'm finding it hard to believe them in all honesty.

taconnol wrote: »
    Victor Meldrew + internet connection = ^^

Classic !
    Not that first time I've been called that though but yeah, spot on really :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

wow, that's a fair few, and I thought I was extreme because I won't buy Israeli basil from Superquinn

You are extreme

I've an awful lot more but I won't post them now. Feck it, I thought there'd be more grumpy people like me :(

EDIT: Why won't you buy Israeli basil from Superquinn ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Won't use Irish Ferries due to the way they treated their Irish staff.
    what irish staff ? :pac:
    Lastly, biggest step of all really, refused to get my two children christened/baptised and they still remain this way without any religion at all - due to the rampant pedophilia in the Catcholic church and the cover up of same by ALL OF THEM ! Wasn't just a few, they all at least knew what was going on.

well done on not conforming. Too many people do it out of a cultural expetatcion. However the 'rampant' paedophilia is overexaggurated. :o
    I will not pay for sex or still water.

AMEN BROTHER!! :D
    Years ago (before broadband) they hooked up my dail-up internet to some mad premium rate number.
    that was the horse pr0n auto-dialer :p

my list :

captain americas -

got sick while in the theatre after and I have diabetes.. it wasn't fun

The new virign in dundalk marshes - their lights flicker and give me migrain.

Newspapers - I dont belive it until I see hard evidence. I dont care. Evidence is Truth and hyped up, misleading, sensationalist hack-work is not truth or evidence.

Advent/compaq presario/pacard bell brand. (PC world/currys/dixons own brand) shoddy and anyones I've seen broke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Daft.ie

because
    <snip>
    they are awesome
    </snip>

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

It was after the watershed, just because it's +1 doesn't mean the ad's are the same. Quit whining and find another activity for your kids after 9.
    I agree, but also.... I LOVE your username :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

IRISH RAIL

Cause I just dont like them*

*if my boss is reading this i quit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Aer Lingus for putting our National airline in the crapper. It now stands on a par with Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I refuse to use any Nilfisk, Zanussi, Belkin or Whirlpool products.

I find it gets me out of a lot of work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I can't find anything about Rachel Allen defending him, only Darina. It's not really anything to do with her (assuming she didn't come out and say anything, which I can't find)

She did in an edition of the RTE Guide..she said when asked about a "court case case involving Tim",she replied "I just have to be strong for Tim and Darina".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Degsy wrote: »
    She did in an edition of the RTE Guide..she said when asked about a "court case case involving Tim",she replied "I just have to be strong for Tim and Darina".

Ah, so you mean as a possible witness she gave an answer that didn't really throw her support one way or the other.

What is she supposed to do, publically go on about the case and damage it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Dragan wrote: »
    Ah, so you mean as a possible witness she gave an answer that didn't really throw her support one way or the other.

Yeah.
    Or you know, cook a nice omelette for the paedo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Yeah.
    Or you know, cook a nice omelette for the paedo.

They need to eat too you know! Preferably bullets!

Dragan wrote: »

No.He'd already been convicted at this stage.
    She was lending her support to a convicted paedophile because she was looking to feather her own nest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

As non-answers go, that was text book perfect. I mean the only way she could have said less was if she didn't actually say anything.

I don't see the problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

I try to avoid Dunnes Stores, because when I worked for them, (or my other friend) I did all the work and still looked like the bad guy, even though the other people did nothing. They claimed I was a bad worker for being responsible for 3 lanes and keeping it tidy even though the other people on those lanes would claim their "swamped with work", even though I did all their work. I quit and those incompetant employees still work there. Can't believe it... I told managment but they refused to believe it as someone who has been working there for 4 years would always be the better worker and wouldn't lie...:rolleyes:

As non-answers go, that was text book perfect. I mean the only way she could have said less was if she didn't actually say anything.

I don't see the problem here.

She said "i have to be strong FOR Tim"...that is support for him in anybody's language.
    She should have refused to answer the question but she wouldnt be on telly at all were it not for her association with the Paedo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

She said "i have to be strong FOR Tim"...that is support for him in anybody's language.
    She should have refused to answer the question but she wouldnt be on telly at all were it not for her association with the Paedo.

Nope, there was nothing wrong with what she said. Stop inventing things to get in a strop about.

I'd still give her one though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Ebonyellie

Ive given up on E4 cos i HATE HATE HATE that annoying voice over guy. Also TGI fridays cos its a recession and its about 25 euro for a small piece of meat covered in jack daniels sauce. i moved from bank of ireland because of their huge fees and moved to National Irish where the people behind the counter make an effort to remember my name( i dont care if its false niceness or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

British Telecom

Moved into a house, had to get a landline from BT before switching provider. Got landline, paid first bill, switched provider and it went downhill from there.

I kept receiving junk mail from BT "we're cheaper", "We miss you!", "Guess who has changed?" etc. I rang them to have my name removed from the sales and marketing databases, they transferred me to 7 different departments and 45 minutes later I once again ask to be removed from the database, am told, 'absolutely sir, one moment', next thing I've been transferred to some guy who asks how much I'm paying for my phone and broadband, and who then tells me that BT can do it cheaper if I go back to them.

I hung up, emailed a complaint to the company outlining my difficulties (staff not knowing who to transfer me to, how to remove me from the database etc and then trying to sell me stuff, despite saying I'm not interested) and within 24 hours I had a call from the complaints department who said "before we remove your name, can I ask how much you are currently paying for your phone, broadband and TV?"...

/facepalm

F*CK YOU BT, I may have to pay your poxy line-rental but I'll never be a customer of yours again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I can't find anything about Rachel Allen defending him, only Darina. It's not really anything to do with her (assuming she didn't come out and say anything, which I can't find)

Anyhow,
    I won't go to my local Xtra Vision since they installed one of those 'mosquito' things. I have never heard one as loud, maybe my hearing is weirdly good but it is such a horrible sensation, even from 15ft away. They obviously don't want my business or they wouldn't be trying to deafen me.

Tesco's in Loughlinstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It was after the watershed, just because it's +1 doesn't mean the ad's are the same. Quit whining and find another activity for your kids after 9.
    10 year old kids should be in bed by then anyway.

• Advertisement

r3nu4l wrote: »
    British Telecom

Moved into a house, had to get a landline from BT before switching provider. Got landline, paid first bill, switched provider and it went downhill from there.

I kept receiving junk mail from BT "we're cheaper", "We miss you!", "Guess who has changed?" etc. I rang them to have my name removed from the sales and marketing databases, they transferred me to 7 different departments and 45 minutes later I once again ask to be removed from the database, am told, 'absolutely sir, one moment', next thing I've been transferred to some guy who asks how much I'm paying for my phone and broadband, and who then tells me that BT can do it cheaper if I go back to them.

I hung up, emailed a complaint to the company outlining my difficulties (staff not knowing who to transfer me to, how to remove me from the database etc and then trying to sell me stuff, despite saying I'm not interested) and within 24 hours I had a call from the complaints department who said "before we remove your name, can I ask how much you are currently paying for your phone, broadband and TV?"...

/facepalm

F*CK YOU BT, I may have to pay your poxy line-rental but I'll never be a customer of yours again.

That's class!:D And I have to say having worked for NTL (don't hate me it was a long time ago). They know exactly how to remove you from the database, it is very easy, it is just their policy not to unless like you the person makes a big issue about it.

Advertisement