Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

And I have to say having worked for NTL (don't hate me it was a long time ago).

I hate you. Sorry.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Bank of Ireland - Worst excuse for a bank or customer service I've ever encountered..

Carphone Warehouse - Thieveing and lying b*stards

Eircom - Clueless, Useless, Waste of space f8ck wits

Lots more, but I've got work to do :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Graingers pub in baldoyle.Went in there to eat one sunday afternoon.Was kept waiting over an hour for the food and when it arrived it was burned.My friend ordered a mexican burger and got a lump of overcooked mince without a bun,a tomato,onion or anything.
    My mixed grill for 12 quid was a burned sausage,burned rasher,burned fried egg and some burned mushrooms.
    If we hadnt been paying by card i would've refused to pay.A disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

The vaults. Owned and staffed by a shower of ****. Hope the place gets crushed by a luas.

Microsoft: Greedy, money hungry, theving shower of stuck up programmers and wall street type executive bastards with absolutely no concept of function and with no qualms abot ripping people off at every avaiable oppurtunity. My solution: go Open Source.

the irish daily mail,

people buy this rag every day but forget the stuff they used to print about the irish on almost a daily basis during the troubles. they had us all painted as a bunch of thick blood-thirsty republicans so i for one wont buy it EVER.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

M*D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

wyndham wrote: »
    M*D

I always quite liked Dougie Hauser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

javaboy wrote: »
    I hate you. Sorry.

You'd be surprised how often I get that, actually you probably wouldn't!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

shane86 wrote: »
    Apple. First iPod screen burned out (insured thankfully). Current iPod is just about satisfactory- the battery power reading is completely inaccurate, can be 75% green, 20 minutes later you run out of power. Also has a habit of not switching off or turning itself on when it feels like it, wasting more power.

I would say I never buy from Atlantic Homecare, but that is because whenever I have visited their massive warehouse to buy fairly common sh1t you would expect to get at a DIY store (3 past year occasions: a key cut, a bike lock and a drain unclogger/plunger) they had absoloutely none of these products/services anywhere within their football field sized warehouse :confused: Whcih you only find out after searching 10 mins for a floorwalking staff member.

PC World staff always approach with assistance when you are just browsing/killing time, on the v rare occasion I need a product/advice anything PC related there isnt one to be seen.

These are known problems with the early ipods, either burning out, leaking lcd, craking screens etc. Can easily be replaced with spares from ebay, thats what i did recently with my 1 generation nano screen was only 15euro delivered. Battery life can also vary with older models and as far as i know these can be purchased from Maplin but im sure ebay can have these also alot cheaper.

Carphone Warehouse bunch of muppets. Bought a fone back in 2001 within a 3 weeks the phone was acting up (Firmware bug on this particular model) the monkey inside the counter tried tell me it was a network provider problem even though when SIM was tested worked fine in an old Nokia. They wanted 50 pounds at the time for a deposit on a replacement phone. I will never buy anything from this shower.

PC world, looked at me as if I had 4 heads when I asked if they had null modem cables.

Vodafone; Tried to overcharge me by over 300 euro at the start of the year. Had to actually identify the problem lay with their billing register as opposed to a network problem took over 3 months to sort out. As a word of warning to those who have standing orders with them i doubt that you would get your hard earned back off them it would be in the form of credit.

No 4 Dame Lane.
    Staffed and frequented by ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Chorus NTL - I actually got he name of their head of custmer service sand faxed and posted her a letter - result and i cancelled anyway.

Halifax - staff are vagabonds.

Hiberinan - After they are relocating.

Bord Gais ( Although i have no choice)

Eircom

Smart telecom.

BB's (because the manager in swords shouts at her staff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Degsy wrote: »
    No 4 Dame Lane.
    Staffed and frequented by ****.

True - but it's hard to find a free-in late bar mid-week in the city centre so I sometimes succumb.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    True - but it's hard to find a free-in late bar mid-week in the city centre so I sometimes succumb.

Try Doyles on college st!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

the irish daily mail,

people buy this rag every day but forget the stuff they used to print about the irish on almost a daily basis during the troubles. they had us all painted as a bunch of thick blood-thirsty republicans so i for one wont buy it EVER.:mad:

Stupid paper gave away free wall charts with Irish words on them, but managed to used some made up ones (Bearlachas!) instead of the already existing words. It's ok though, because we got about 30 free charts from the local shop, so didn't actually buy the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mike Ashley and his associated businesses.

Justice for the Messiah!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland - Worst excuse for a bank or customer service I've ever encountered..
    Used to do tech support for them, their staff are so retarded it's unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

on the flip side of things, i used to work for a callcenter for a company......oh i dunno lets call them usa online, and the amount of customers who said "well u have lost a customer!" (the place was crappy to work for ) so in my happiest voice i said "ok! u have a lovely day now, ill transfer u to cancelations and they will drop u quickly"

good times.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

seems the fast foods and pc world are leading the way:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

ah yes supermacs in Waterford beside the hospital "service with a scowl"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not that they've lost a customer, but i don't think i will ever have a contract with the likes of meteor/o2/vodafone again. Unless you use the phone frequently then its really a waste of money, plus you're tied down for the full 12 months! Not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Degsy wrote: »
    Graingers pub in baldoyle.Went in there to eat one sunday afternoon.Was kept waiting over an hour for the food and when it arrived it was burned.My friend ordered a mexican burger and got a lump of overcooked mince without a bun,a tomato,onion or anything.
    My mixed grill for 12 quid was a burned sausage,burned rasher,burned fried egg and some burned mushrooms.
    If we hadnt been paying by card i would've refused to pay.A disgrace.

That place is an absolute dump anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

1 mcguirks golf blanch.......ignorant staff
    2 any bar where the price of a drink goes up all night... cafe insane etc
    3 any shop/public place where i see women wearing pj's in public (smell)
    4 ntl......gangsters imo
    5 O2 broadband.....no customer service
    6 anglo irish bank.....mr fitzgerald gangster
    7 street buskers.....mcsavage has ruined busking for me
    8 chuggers..... too in your face

rant over.....

Should the thread title not be "You sir" as opposed to "your sir"?
    It has been annoying me for the last 8 odd hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Should the thread title not be "You sir" as opposed to "your sir"?
    It has been annoying me for the last 8 odd hours.

You annoy easily. *pokes repeatedly*

Jumpy wrote: »
    You annoy easily. *pokes repeatedly*

Quit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

MayMay wrote: »
    That place is an absolute dump anyway.
    Grainger's in Baldoyle used to be a lot better.

I'll stick it on my 'avoid' list.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

IT Direct. They used to be f**king awesome, but started to suck badly a few years back, and I try to avoid the place now (try, as in, unless it's an emergency).

ntl - Worst customer 'service'. Ever. I'd rather have no telly than use ntl again.

McDonalds - Muck

Coke - Fizzy muck

Microsoft - Love my Mac

Arsey bars and clubs in Dublin - Full of arses

Most travel agents - Clueless and more expensive than DIY holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

That's class!:D And I have to say having worked for NTL (don't hate me it was a long time ago). They know exactly how to remove you from the database, it is very easy, it is just their policy not to unless like you the person makes a big issue about it.

Not all the time they dont. I work in an apartment complex 275 apts (all of which have phone, broadband and tv included in rent) if people dont answer phones or sometimes if they are on the phone it rings through to the office. For weeks I was getting anthing up 57 calls one evening all from them. Talked to countless callers, supervisors managers over a few weeks. Finally I got p***ed off fecked them out of it and said I was making a log of all the calls and would be contacting the cops to make a harrasment complaint against them. Sure enough that was the last I heard from them. Worst thing about it is its them that already supply everything for here :mad::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭EcoGirl

To all the people who gave me grief about the horrible ads on SKY:

I take your point about the ads being different at different times regardless of the programmes; I didn't think of that.

BUT ...

my point remains that we were watching the Documentary Channel, educational programmes, and they were showing ads for the Crime Channel which were pretty gruesome stuff. I didn't want to be exposed to that stuff myself; I wouldn't watch the Crime Channel myself and I don't need to see their ads,
    and of course I need to know my child won't be exposed to pretty horrible stuff like that during totally innocuous programmes (it was a documentary about Jupiter if I recall; could hardly be more innocent).

Either I'm not explaining myself right, or you're not getting it, but it wasn't over-reacting in any way.

Advertisement