Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

EcoGirl wrote: »
    To all the people who gave me grief about the horrible ads on SKY:

I take your point about the ads being different at different times regardless of the programmes; I didn't think of that.

BUT ...

my point remains that we were watching the Documentary Channel, educational programmes, and they were showing ads for the Crime Channel which were pretty gruesome stuff. I didn't want to be exposed to that stuff myself; I wouldn't watch the Crime Channel myself and I don't need to see their ads,
    and of course I need to know my child won't be exposed to pretty horrible stuff like that during totally innocuous programmes (it was a documentary about Jupiter if I recall; could hardly be more innocent).

Either I'm not explaining myself right, or you're not getting it, but it wasn't over-reacting in any way.
    I don't think you're getting it.

9pm = watershed. Anything after is fair game, that's the whole point the watershed. Like someone else said in the thread, 10 year olds are usually in bed by that stage. I know when i was ten my bedtime was 8pm. Then again when i was 10 i was allowed watch any kind of movie i wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

To all the people who gave me grief about the horrible ads on SKY:

I take your point about the ads being different at different times regardless of the programmes; I didn't think of that.

BUT ...

my point remains that we were watching the Documentary Channel, educational programmes, and they were showing ads for the Crime Channel which were pretty gruesome stuff. I didn't want to be exposed to that stuff myself; I wouldn't watch the Crime Channel myself and I don't need to see their ads,
    and of course I need to know my child won't be exposed to pretty horrible stuff like that during totally innocuous programmes (it was a documentary about Jupiter if I recall; could hardly be more innocent).

Either I'm not explaining myself right, or you're not getting it, but it wasn't over-reacting in any way.

Yeah if you let your ten year old stay up watching TV after 9 o'clock then you only really have yourself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Mackie D's or any of that sh1te. Except Subway cos of meatball day :D
    It's all total, muck!

I'm sure there's other stuff too. I'll be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Yes you are.

You'd already said that you hated giving your money to sky for reasons unknown, this percieved injustice of them showing adverts for another one of their channels (ohh the huge manatee!) is just a pretence at having a legitimate complaint so that when people ask you why you cancled you can go on about how they showed this terrible ad when your child was watching! Ohh those bastards, you were so right! Good for you standing up to the big bad televison companies!

Now, if you'll excuse me i'm off to register with NTL, go eat at maccy D's, then i have to buy some hardware from PC world before going back with irish ferries. And it will be glorious!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't go to TGI's anymore. Loved the place, but they don't don't my favourite meal anymore, so i have no reason to ever go back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Wow, you're old... :D All i was concerned about in 1984 was some woman shoving tits in my face.

Please tell me that someone has already said this

What has changed in 24 years?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Mizzoni's Pizza.
    They used to have all sorts of great meal deals like two for the price of one,second meal free and they accepted thier competitors vouchers.
    They've since got rid of all that and seem to ramp the price up every couple of months in spite of the fact that a pizza is only a ball of flour and some toppings.
    Once when the delivery guy told me the price had gone up(by ten%) i asked him were they paying him extra?Were they arse!
    Greedy shower of bastards and yer man mizzoni owns property all over dublin.

Degsy wrote: »
    Mizzoni's Pizza.
    They used to have all sorts of great meal deals like two for the price of one,second meal free and they accepted thier competitors vouchers.
    They've since got rid of all that and seem to ramp the price up every couple of months in spite of the fact that a pizza is only a ball of flour and some toppings.
    Once when the delivery guy told me the price had gone up(by ten%) i asked him were they paying him extra?Were they arse!
    Greedy shower of bastards and yer man mizzoni owns property all over dublin.

I'm now convinced you just forrage for food in bins around dublin. Seeing as you have an issue with everything, it's the only possible explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Dades wrote: »
    Carphone Warehouse - the most incompetent crowd I've ever has the displeasure to deal with.

Point blank refuse to deal with them any more myself

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

I have loads of friends who hate sky yet still get it... They always complain that nothing is on, or the same thing is on all the time...

• Advertisement

Oh, Vivo are a crowd I wouldn't buy from. They made my brother clean-up stuff he didn't knock because the employees were too lazy to do it, and found him near the items so they blamed him!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Carlsberg. just cos they sponsor Liverpool. LFC will never get a penny of my hard earned!! :D

They'll still get your money regardless...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭GeorgeCostanza

jdivision wrote: »
    Got food poisoning in Cafe Bar Deli so won't go back, pubs that I think are a ripoff I won't go to, would never eat in the Radisson in Galway again after the last meal I had there, had a crap experience in the Brooklodge hotel in Wicklow too and wouldn't stay there again - they said we couldn't have our rooms because you know we had a wedding on yesterday (well guess what I'm going to one today), they checked us in though without giving us roomkeys and then a few hours later said they were going to give the rooms to other people because we hadn't checked in. Idiots.

+1

I'll never eat in Cafe Bar Deli (grafton street) again either. Some idiot waiter dropped a dish of ketchup on the floor and a load of it got on my jeans. No apology from the manager who was standing right there. When paying at the till I asked for the manager and made my complaint, she refused to acknowledge that I had been inconvenienced, claiming she couldn't see any ketchup on my jeans, just the wet marks where I had cleaned it with a stinking dish cloth. I gave up eventually, asked for my change and told her that if she represented the very best of Cafe Bar Deli's talent, god help the owner. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'm now convinced you just forrage for food in bins around dublin. Seeing as you have an issue with everything, it's the only possible explanation.

...and I'm convinced that you just trawl threads on boards.ie to find issue with other posters :D :pac: At least 3 so far in this thread! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Burial wrote: »
    Oh, Vivo are a crowd I wouldn't buy from. They made my brother clean-up stuff he didn't knock because the employees were too lazy to do it, and found him near the items so they blamed him!

How did they make your brother clean it up. Couldn't he just have refused and left the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Would never buy the Sun newspaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Would never buy the Sun newspaper

Oxymoron right there!

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    How did they make your brother clean it up. Couldn't he just have refused and left the shop?

They were going to ring the guards and charge him for the stuff and ban him from the store unless he cleaned it up. So rather then avoid hassle, he cleaned it up and now their business has dropped, but they'll never go bust. They're right beside a school...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Meteor. I was with them for years, the service was fine, but when something went wrong, their customer service was appalling. I think the worst thing they ever done was when they messed up the last time, they apologised and gave me €20 courtesy credit. Theytook it back the next day, and I never got an explanation. I changed network the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

U.S Airways....used them once and after the flight the captain made an announcment asking passengers to clean up around their seat area due to cutbacks in the company. I would never leave any area I was sitting in full of rubbish (other than fast food places) but asking people to clean up around their seats is a joke.

You wouldn't use US Airways again because you were asked to put your rubbish in a bin before leaving? (they go round with a bag, it's not like to have to exert much effort). That's just crazy, the reality is that US Airways are a low cost airline, they advertise as much, you should expect a no frills service. If throwing my rubbish in a bin gets me cheaper flights then I'm all for it.

Saying you'd boycott an airline for such a small thing seems ludicrous to me, what if they were €200 cheaper than the competition?

Anyway, what would I know, I'm an awful hypocrite, I'm forever boycotting places (e.g. Monsoon, Clarks) but the minute I see something cheap in the window, I'm in like a shot!

r3nu4l wrote: »
    ...and I'm convinced that you just trawl threads on boards.ie to find issue with other posters :D :pac: At least 3 so far in this thread! :pac:

It's a slow day at work, what can i say?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They were going to ring the guards and charge him for the stuff and ban him from the store unless he cleaned it up. So rather then avoid hassle, he cleaned it up and now their business has dropped,
    Did they ask him to pick that up too?

My experiences have always been, complain about anything and get ten euro free credit for two months. They never gave me twenty of my eight free credit so I complained and they gave me forty!!! Though when I needed to switch to free calls for life, it was extremely hard! Couldn't do it online, and on customer service they were a pain and always kept asking me for my pin because they were trying to log into the Meteor site. I told them I'm not an idiot and that I tried that, and I couldn't do. She refused to do anythign so I gave them my pin (Which I'm not happy about) then she said oh yea can't do anything here, and gave me a number with which I could change my price plan. Only thing I have to complain about really. Oh they also tricked my sister into getting bill-pay though it was kind've her fault...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

They were going to ring the guards and charge him for the stuff and ban him from the store unless he cleaned it up. So rather then avoid hassle, he cleaned it up and now their business has dropped, but they'll never go bust. They're right beside a school...

I'm sure he could of left and been proven innocent by cctv. Unless of course he did knock them over...

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'm sure he could of left and been proven innocent by cctv. Unless of course he did knock them over...

Well, just waiting for the guards to arrive or doing a really bad job of cleaning and leaving. He chose the non-hassle option. We slag him to this day over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Eircom - Gangsters, always have been, always will be. Their broadband ads grate with me in particular.

Sunday Independent - Tabloidy sh*te written by muppet "journalists" such as Brendan O'Connor

The Sunday World - Amanda Brunker

The Sun - That "Scum" headline

Innocent smooties - Rip off

"This Water" drinks- Rip off

Sony products - Rip off

Irish Ferries - Scumbags for the way they shafted their staff and the tax-payer had to provide the redundancy payments!

RyanAir - Their extreme low cost practices make me feel unsafe

iPhone/iPod/anything Apple - Fisher Price for adults

RTE - For letting Beverly Copper Flynn off the hook coz Berties told them to - you'll never get another license fee off me you bastids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Should have told them to go ahead and ring the guards.
    I'd really like to see what they're gonna say to the cops when they respond to the emergency call to see a load of ketchup on the floor.
    That place is a dump anyway.I got some sort of lamb pizza in there and it was a pile of sludge with some mince in it.

he wouldn't have had to wait for the guards, they couldn't make him stay in the shop - that's kidnapping !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TorresDaLegend

The s*n newspaper

For the complete utter ****e they spewed out after the Hillsbrough disaster.

"The Truth
    -They urinated on officers,
    -They stole from the dead"

Directed at pool supporters who had just seen their loved ones crushed to death and then the scum comes out with this ****ing ****.

Kelvin McKenzie was the editor.He made a phone call to the chairman of liverpool at the time and apologised but the chairman basically told him to **** off or have on the front page:

"The Truth,
    We lied"

He never did that and now they sell something like only 30,000 copies in the city of Liverpool.Obviously the everton fans are only buying it for page 3.

Advertisement