Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Go on then, one more...

Centra on Camden St in Dublin - EVERYTHING on their shelves is overpriced.
    However there is a Tesco's almost next door to it and their prices can sometimes be almost half the price of Centra's.
    Examples -

Apple Lattice (simple little pastry)
    Centra charge 1.42 each
    Tesco's charge 54c each

Same fcking cake pastry !

Large Yop drink
    Centra charge 1.99 each
    Tesco's charge 1.54 each

Picnic chocolate bar
    Centra charge 99c
    Tesco charge 62c

Large Bottle of Coke
    Centra charge 1.99 for a 1.5Ltr
    Tesco Charge 1.59 for a 1.5ltr and deals on their 2 x 2ltr bottles all the time.

Really like, that's just effing rediculous !
    Centra also never give receipts, which I always find dubious at best.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Go on then, one more...

Centra on Camden St in Dublin - EVERYTHING on their shelves is overpriced.
    However there is a Tesco's almost next door to it and their prices can sometimes be almost half the price of Centra's.
    Examples -

Apple Lattice (simple little pastry)
    Centra charge 1.42 each
    Tesco's charge 54c each

Same fcking cake pastry !

Large Yop drink
    Centra charge 1.99 each
    Tesco's charge 1.54 each

Picnic chocolate bar
    Centra charge 99c
    Tesco charge 62c

Large Bottle of Coke
    Centra charge 1.99 for a 1.5Ltr
    Tesco Charge 1.59 for a 1.5ltr and deals on their 2 x 2ltr bottles all the time.

Really like, that's just effing rediculous !
    Centra also never give receipts, which I always find dubious at best.

Is it called Fresh now man?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

Acacia wrote: »
    People can still give good service on crappy minimum wage jobs. In cases like this, it's usually bad management and a lack of decent training that results in bad service. :)

+1, theres also a responsibility on staff to make a bit more of an effort especially in customer service! Is ireland not paying one of the higest minimum wages in europe?,
    My Ma works her heart out in a school canteen for this kind of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

stek wrote: »
    +1, theres also a responsibility on staff to make a bit more of an effort especially in customer service! Is ireland not paying one of the higest minimum wages in europe?,
    My Ma works her heart out in a school canteen for this kind of money!

I agree, fair play to your ma. Just because it's a 'crappy minimum wage' job
    ( to quote the other poster) it doesn't mean it's less important than any other job, or that you don't have to put as much effort in. As I said, if the employee responds with ''Let me ask with my manager'' when you ask a simple question, chances are he hasn't been trained properly or it's down to poor management. In my experience, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

McD's. Got threatened with court by them...backstards!

havent eaten there in years. not missing anything anyway. their food is flavourless!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Get this lads, went into a shop one time, 20 jonny blue i say to yourman behind the counter.

Get this lad, he stands up on the counter and proceeds to pi$$ on my face!!!:eek::eek:

Needless to say, didnt go back again for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The_B_Man wrote: »

havent eaten there in years. not missing anything anyway. their food is flavourless!!

How do you know it hasn't changed!!!:D:D:D

I hate McD's but go there at least 2 times a week!!!

I am never goin to Tom Barry's pub in Cork again, I got turned away one night by the Barmaid with no reason at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I bet u were oogling her bewbs! Admit it, ya big drunk! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I bet u were oogling her bewbs! Admit it, ya big drunk! :p

Hadn't even looked at her at this stage was just wavin to my buddy...

...had a look on my way out, TOP quality, at least 30C

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Have always had Nokia phones as has everyone in my family, never any problems. My brother tried to kill his many times and it always came back to life.

yeah same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Nokia - built to last a year, count yourself lucky if yours is longer lasting

Can I count myself lucky for the 3330, the 3410, the 6210, the 6310, the 3200, the E50, the 6300, the N80 and the 3210 that me and my family have had that have never had any problems?

I don't know what the hell people do to their Nokias tbh. I know loads of people who say the same thing as you about their phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

jdivision wrote: »
    Got food poisoning in Cafe Bar Deli
    Me too, in the Cork one - three times. I know... once should have been enough. Well twice maybe, but yeah, a third time - my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Probably does "but you noooooo like, its soooo tasty boy"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

This Is on its way to becoming bigger than the rant and rave thread in CI :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭June2008

Notorious wrote: »
    Since public houses are game; the UCD student bar. Bought a round of 4 drinks, and as we all started drinking, two of my mates saw chewing gum inside their reused plastic pint cups, right down at the bottom (not to mention the beer was flat too). So I went up with the two of them, and showed the barman both pints. He accused me of sticking the gum to the bottom and would only give us two half pints of the cheapest beer in the place as a replacement.

Also Esso in Greystones for messing up my car and being difficult about it, even though they were obviously at fault for the trouble.

I agree with the Student Bar, Went in for lunch one day with my bf who had a bad cold. He sneezed and stuffed his tissue into one of the plastic cups thinking it was going to be thrown away...BUT...saw the manager take out the tissue and proceed to refill the plastic cup!!! disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Go on - tell us why. I'm dying to hear why McDonald's tried to bring you to court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Didn't someone mention GameStop on Liffey St? Was in there on Saturday and by god weren't they just absolutely worthless...

Quick stop up to Stevie's Green and got what we wanted, no fuss, all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

lee_arama wrote: »
    Didn't someone mention GameStop on Liffey St? Was in there on Saturday and by god weren't they just absolutely worthless...

Quick stop up to Stevie's Green and got what we wanted, no fuss, all good.

Boring. Give us details - we want urination in drinks, feces in burgers, jizz in milkshakes, staff giving you the finger, telling you your mother's a whore - them kinda stories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Well when GameStop start serving consumable items I'm quite sure Liffey St will oblige with all the usual *extras* in your food...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

know its got a lot of complaints from seller's but i'm liking the new changes to ebay from the point of view of a buyer. fed up with being ripped off for ridiculous postage charges

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

know its got a lot of complaints from seller's but i'm liking the new changes to ebay from the point of view of a buyer. fed up with being ripped off for ridiculous postage charges

:rolleyes:

first of all, you know how much it is before you buy
    secondly, big postage costs is a way for the seller to stop ebay from getting a bigger percentage of their money

if they lower postage, the seller will have to raise the price so you'll end up paying the same if not more

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Sky
    Poor
    Eircom
    Sh1te
    Vodafone
    Appalling
    Ianrod Eireann
    Dangerous
    Gardai
    Tossers
    HSE
    Lethal
    Fianna Fail-Cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I was in a Glorias Jeans coffee shop in Athlone over the weekend and ordered a black and a white coffee ... girl behind the counter then asked me if I wanted milk in the black coffee! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Meteor - O'Connoll St - Sligo.

Avoid small guy with lots of jewellery. Arrogant jobsworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

It's official. This 'service' will bring you to tears. The sites uptime is around 60% I'd say from personal experience. To think that someone is actually getting paid to design/maintain this crap! A monkey, a disabled one mind you, would do a better job. In fact thats probably who 02 have doing the job. O2 users you know where Im coming from....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If this isn't a specific customer issue, then I'm going to move it to the sticky thread for best/worst service. Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    I was in a Glorias Jeans coffee shop in Athlone over the weekend and ordered a black and a white coffee ... girl behind the counter then asked me if I wanted milk in the black coffee! :o

I always ask for a black coffee with milk its the only way to guarantee i dont get a white coffee ie 50 % milk.Maybe we should all learn to speak Starbucks and ask for an americano with room or a latte .:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Urbe

The-Rigger wrote: »
    NTL are fúcking dreadful. Shower of Bastards Ted.
    This is the understatement of the year...i had to phone AND email 10 times to cancel my account..they kept sending me bills. They cut off channels I had paid for and when I got sick of trying to get sense from them, I told them to cancle my account. I explained that I expected to have the channels I had paid for available untill the day my contract expired. They said they couldn't give me the channels I had paid for back as I had requested my account to be cancelled?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! The absolute WORST customer service people in the world!:mad:

Advertisement