Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

Rant: Dublin Bus:mad:
    Foley's Bar, Upper Merrion st: a tacky dump and the staff treat non-regulars like sh*t one of the barmen actually had the nerve to accuse me of trying to pass off forged notes when i was paying him for another drink with money that they had just given me out of their own TILL! when i began questioning him about it he turned around and said "right, not serving any of you!". absolute cnunt:mad:. this place is smack bang beside the dail which explains everything pretty well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 scruff murphy

Rant: Dublin Bus:mad:
    Foley's Bar, Upper Merrion st: a tacky dump and the staff treat non-regulars like sh*t one of the barmen actually had the nerve to accuse me of trying to pass off forged notes when i was paying him for another drink with money that they had just given me out of their own TILL! when i began questioning him about it he turned around and said "right, not serving any of you!". absolute cnunt:mad:. this place is smack bang beside the dail which explains everything pretty well. Always, and I mean always vote with your feet Quentin, but not before you tackle the customer service or owner of the establishment first. Become like an annoying cough or an unreachable tickle, until you get an apology, then never drink in the dump again. Anyway, dont you know that staying in is the new going out. Or support your local sports clubs. Always more down to earth and prices are cheaper.:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Just like to let you all know, still no phone service, no broadband most of the weekend. Eircom still acting the b****:mad::(:rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Yes, but Im telling you they all tell you that the land lines belong to eircom, and when theres a problem, they say eircom have them by the short and curleys with red tape. iv no phone for the last 3 days because of this, and my "EIRCOM NEIGHBOURS" all have perfect service. We all share the same telegraph pole, and yet because I am not Eircoms customer any more, I just have to grit my teeth and wait.

Of course you do. What do you expect, Your not with Eircom therefore you have to get the company with with to deal with it. If your an Aib customer and something goes wrong, you dont ring Bank of ireland to sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

oppiuy wrote: »
    Of course you do. What do you expect, Your not with Eircom therefore you have to get the company with with to deal with it. If your an Aib customer and something goes wrong, you dont ring Bank of ireland to sort it

Yes but Eircom own all of the lines, when there is a fault it is still Eircom engineers who fix it. It is called local loop unbundling, the lines are leased from Eircom. I used to work for the company that provides Eircom customer service, I was providing support to customers of a UK providor using BT leased lines. I think the problem here and the reason nothing is happening is the customers attitude. The whole "I have kids, and I'm much more important than all your other customers fix MY phone immediatly" doesn't wash well. I wouldn't be suprised if a fault report hasn't been created yet. I would advise the above customer who is having problems to call customer support again and speak to the person on the end of the phone in a civil manner, drop the whole "I'm being hard done by, my phone must be fixed NOW routine" and being "devastated and hurt". They are only there to try help you but usually won't if they don't like the customers attitute and there is bullsh1t like that. I'm not saying this is right at all, just how it is.

• Advertisement

Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    Yes but Eircom own all of the lines, when there is a fault it is still Eircom engineers who fix it. It is called local loop unbundling, the lines are leased from Eircom. I used to work for the company that provides Eircom customer service, I was providing support to customers of a UK providor using BT leased lines. I think the problem here and the reason nothing is happening is the customers attitude. The whole "I have kids, and I'm much more important than all your other customers fix MY phone immediatly" doesn't wash well. I wouldn't be suprised if a fault report hasn't been created yet. I would advise the above customer who is having problems to call customer support again and speak to the person on the end of the phone in a civil manner, drop the whole "I'm being hard done by, my phone must be fixed NOW routine". They are only there to try help you but usually won't if they don't like the customers attitute. I'm not saying this is right at all, just how it is.

My phone has been off now for a week, and I would not regard myself as a pushy customer. I am polite and understanding, and believe me, I have spoken, in a very patient manner to the customer support service at smart on several occassions this week, at great personal expense on my mobile phone. In fact a more "pushy" client would have switched company by now, but I always like to give the underdog a chance. And just to pick you up on something you said, I do have kids, yes, but unfortunately one of them is recieving treatment for a serious life threatening illness, so forgive me if I am a little bit anxious about all lines of communication being open:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

currys. I got an Archos media player a couple of years back, but it stopped charging. I had it insured so i brought it back. They took it for repair, but couldn t fix it. I got a 350 voucher instead and got an i touch out of it. Sweet!. A happy story maybe but sometimes they get it right.

Also 3 broadband gave me a month free for complaining about the signal, which i never did. Nice

Now for the bad. Bt. Wanted to switch company due to their incompetance but needed a customer number that is not on their bill. They have to send it out to us, we rang them and they said we should have it in 3 days. That was 3 years ago. We are still waiting

Well actually, technically I am still with Eircom, if they own the landline, also IM on the meteor network by mobile, which they own too. So I could call myself a customer. After all, one way or another, they are getting money out of me!:(:(:(

My phone has been off now for a week, and I would not regard myself as a pushy customer. I am polite and understanding, and believe me, I have spoken, in a very patient manner to the customer support service at smart on several occassions this week, at great personal expense on my mobile phone. In fact a more "pushy" client would have switched company by now, but I always like to give the underdog a chance. And just to pick you up on something you said, I do have kids, yes, but unfortunately one of them is recieving treatment for a serious life threatening illness, so forgive me if I am a little bit anxious about all lines of communication being open:o:o:o

Don't get me wrong. I am totally sympathetic to your situation. The only reason I mentioned that is because the customer service agent generally doesn't need to know why you need your line fixed, they can't exactly put a rush on it in any case. I just wanted to let you know sometimes the attitude you approach these people with can count for a lot. I know thats not right, but in that kind of job sometimes you get fed up taking sh1t from people. Anyway, I don't know what to suggest in this case then. Prehaps you could lodge a complaint with Comreg? Hope you get it sorted soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I think you'll find smart use all there own equipment, as above poster said LLU. Eircom have nothing to do with these lines. Smart get your line rental.

• Advertisement

I think you'll find smart use all there own equipment, as above poster said LLU. Eircom have nothing to do with these lines. Smart get your line rental.

Yes they do. If you are with smart and you have a problem, you call smart customer service who then create a fault report and submit to eircom. Eircom engineers then deal with the fault. Eircom are still responsible for maintaining the network. Smart just set the tariffs as they have leased a bunch of lines wholesale from eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

yea true

Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    Yes they do. If you are with smart and you have a problem, you call smart customer service who then create a fault report and submit to eircom. Eircom engineers then deal with the fault. Eircom are still responsible for maintaining the network. Smart just set the tariffs as they have leased a bunch of lines wholesale from eircom.

ye but they are all telling me lies. One is blaming the other, and I cant get the proper information out of any of them.:(:(:(

smart tell me that even though they rent the line, they are not allowed to touch it, and they now tell me that Eircom are not allowed touch it either. They saidthis work now goes to ex eircom workers who have become private contractors. Its amazing to think people in Eircom are trying to hang onto their jobs, when Im told the company hires in private contractors to do the jobs of their technicians, or am I being told a pile of Bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I reckon all customer care agents in Eircom are handpicked for their horrible bitter twisted and sour personalities. Theyll be ok with this recession!
    Did Eircom support for a while. The amount of muppets who call in was unbelievable. And why are you ringing them if you're not an Eircom user? Anyhoo's, if you want you line to get fixed, keep badgering whomever you pay the bills to. Sounds like they're f**king you around. Why not switch to Eircom, anyway?

the_syco wrote: »
    Did Eircom support for a while. The amount of muppets who call in was unbelievable. And why are you ringing them if you're not an Eircom user? Anyhoo's, if you want you line to get fixed, keep badgering whomever you pay the bills to. Sounds like they're f**king you around. Why not switch to Eircom, anyway?

was with them for years, but they got too dear, and my experiences when dealing with them became too unpleasant! In my opinion they are the Ryanair of telecoms, but without the cheapness.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

I hate Maplins so much. I wish I didn't have to go there, but sometimes you have to. I always leave feeling like I want to kill everyone in the shop after. Had a bad experience today and would rather not talk about it. God I hate them.

I hate Maplins so much. I wish I didn't have to go there, but sometimes you have to. I always leave feeling like I want to kill everyone in the shop after. Had a bad experience today and would rather not talk about it. God I hate them.

If you don't tell us about it there wasn't really much point in posting in this thread.

The thread title is "Your best and worst customer service experiences".

Not "Who don't you like" or "Which store would you most like to use to stage a killing spree".

You haven't really provided us with any info as to why the store in question could be unsatisfactory, not too helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

As there's a whole lot of negativity going on around regarding Irish companies here I thought I'd share my good experiences with an Irish supplier, www.4men.ie

I'm from Leinster so apparently a ladyboy so I might as well live up to it. I've been using this company for a while now to buy shaving stuff and a few other noughty man things and have always got great service from them, delivery has been good and they're quick to answer any email queries.

My most recent purchase has been the best yet, yesterday (Wednesday) at lunch time I ordered a good bit of stuff expecting to receive it Friday at the very earliest but most likely Monday. But when I came into the office this morning (Thursday) my package arrived 5 minutes after me. Now you can't beat that, especially from a company that don't charge postage.

Credit where credit is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Good
    Never bought anything off them before because I used to think theitr prices weren't great, but bought a netbook off elara.ie a few weeks ago. Cheaper than anywhere else I could find (OK, laptopsdirect were about a fiver cheaper, but customer service can be dodgy). Ordered late Monday morning, was delivered to the office 10am Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I was Burger King not too long ago, just finished a 12 hour shift was tired and went in to get some dinner to take home. The girl behind the counter was the most rude, ignorant bitch I have ever encountered.
    Got the order wrong first of all. When I pointed out that wasn't what I ordered she told me I was wrong and that was what I ordered, despite the fact I know what I ordered. Then I asked for a bag, as I had previously told her it was for take away, she reached behind the counter and literally, threw the bag at me to fill it up.

I ended up leaving without getting what I actually ordered. She was so rude, I was actually almost in tears when I left.

What pissed me off the most was the fact I had just spent 12 hours dealing with customers and if I ever spoke to anyone the way she spoke to me, I would be fired on the spot. Its just incredibly frustrating as I know how horrible and rude customers can be so I always make a point to be polite to everyone serving me, I guess some people aren't worth it and I won't ever go back to that Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

I went in to Dunnes Stores in Limerick (on Ennis Rd)two weeks ago to buy a pair of shoes. I was in a hurry so I picked up the first pair I liked, got my size 9, tried one shoe on and they fitted so I said I would buy them. The shoes were tied together so I presumed they were both the same size!

Anyway, got to the check out and fair play to the girl at the till, she scanned both shoes which pointed out they didn't match, one was a size 8 and the other a size 9. This was well spotted, I wouldn't have blamed her for just scanning one shoe. She rang the bell for assistance and a woman in her 40's (old enough to have cop on) came and took the shoes back to see if there was a matching pair to reverse. She came back to say sorry these were the last two shoes left. The girl at the till half joked to both of us that some other poor soul obviously bought the wrong shoes also.

Stuck for a pair of shoes I went back to the shoes section to check for a matcher myself. I couldn't believe what I saw. Yer one dropped my shoes back for somebody else to buy! What an idiot. I was shaking my head in disbelief leaving. I would have gone to customer service about this woman only for being in such a rush. You would wonder how some people can still have a job in these recessionary times.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Metacortex wrote: »
    I was Burger King not too long ago, just finished a 12 hour shift was tired and went in to get some dinner to take home. The girl behind the counter was the most rude, ignorant bitch I have ever encountered.

by any chance was that on o'connell st, dublin?cos there's a thundering bitch that works there, really thinks she's something special and is horribly rude to every customer she serves. and gets a lot of orders wrong.

i just had the misfortune of dealing with a delivery person from Grange building supplies...he arrived with some stuff that was too heavy/awkward to unload by himself, and i'm really not much use!i tell him there's no one else at home, and he stands there staring at me....i say can we just leave it in the garden(with my help) and he laughs saying it's far too heavy and can we leave it on the path outside the house...i replied no as it's unsafe and there's kids around. eventually after literally ages of silence and him offering no soloution he agrees to put it in the garden....

i mean, i was trying my best to help figure out what to do and he was just laughing!!so rude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Jip wrote: »
    As there's a whole lot of negativity going on around regarding Irish companies here I thought I'd share my good experiences with an Irish supplier, www.4men.ie

I'm from Leinster so apparently a ladyboy so I might as well live up to it. I've been using this company for a while now to buy shaving stuff and a few other noughty man things and have always got great service from them, delivery has been good and they're quick to answer any email queries.

just to say, I had a look at the website because of your post Jip, and ordered a couple of bits and pieces - I have to say, I'm very impressed. Really nice products on offer, very quick delivery (now I paid the €10 for express delivery - ordered yesterday at 3:55 and got them just now). Like you say, very quick to answer emails and very good quality product. I'm genuinely impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mikemike

Was In HN in Tralee , bought a tv there and 2 laptops in the past and found the staff pretty good , especially from a polish guy last year who couldn't have been more helpful ..

This time , I enquired about a new laptop which I wanted but wasn't on display , but is on Peats website ...
    An Indian guy , obviosuly new , didn't know if they could get it or not so called over another guy , Irish , with a stained Garmin shirt ..
    He checked his computer , said they'd have it in a couple of days .
    'Great , is there any chance it might come down a bit in the near future' I asked .. 'if you could get it under €800 that would be great!'.
    'Not a chance , are you MAD ?' he said .
    'Do you know the spec of this thing ????'
    'Obviously I do yes , becuase I gave YOU the model number , and this is the spec I want!' .
    'Not a chance ,,, No way !' ..
    Aggressive c*nt .... he was obviusly trying to impress the new guy who was listening closely , trying to learn how to close a sale .
    I pointed out that I was a customer , and that HN's have a history of reducing prices all the time , but he just shook his head .
    I asked for the manager , only to be told he wasn't there .
    I left utterly amazed at his attitude and later phoned and made a complaint .
    can't remember the dopes name , but what a dickhead ..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

mikemike wrote: »
    Was In HN in Tralee , bought a tv there and 2 laptops in the past and found the staff pretty good , especially from a polish guy last year who couldn't have been more helpful ..

This time , I enquired about a new laptop which I wanted but wasn't on display , but is on Peats website ...
    An Indian guy , obviosuly new , didn't know if they could get it or not so called over another guy , Irish , with a stained Garmin shirt ..
    He checked his computer , said they'd have it in a couple of days .
    'Great , is there any chance it might come down a bit in the near future' I asked .. 'if you could get it under €800 that would be great!'.
    'Not a chance , are you MAD ?' he said .
    'Do you know the spec of this thing ????'
    'Obviously I do yes , becuase I gave YOU the model number , and this is the spec I want!' .
    'Not a chance ,,, No way !' ..
    Aggressive c*nt .... he was obviusly trying to impress the new guy who was listening closely , trying to learn how to close a sale .
    I pointed out that I was a customer , and that HN's have a history of reducing prices all the time , but he just shook his head .
    I asked for the manager , only to be told he wasn't there .
    I left utterly amazed at his attitude and later phoned and made a complaint .
    can't remember the dopes name , but what a dickhead ..

By all means feel free to PM me with more details and I'll look into it for you. I would be shocked if any of our staff asked 'Not a chance , are you MAD ?' Did you phone the head office or the shop, whom were you speaking too? As I said feel free to drop me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

tbh wrote: »
    just to say, I had a look at the website because of your post Jip, and ordered a couple of bits and pieces - I have to say, I'm very impressed. Really nice products on offer, very quick delivery (now I paid the €10 for express delivery - ordered yesterday at 3:55 and got them just now). Like you say, very quick to answer emails and very good quality product. I'm genuinely impressed!

Good to hear that they're consistently good. Yeah, they've a nice few products that you certainly wouldn't see in alot of stores over here but that's bad for the oul lazer/credit card, I'm taking up almost as much shelf space as wifes cosmetics these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

mikemike you haven't sent me any details. We didn't receive any complaints that day so I'm a little confused. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

A pleasant surprise from Vodafone today!

I'd missed my payment, but got a text today saying "Your account is now overdue. You can pay by doing this that the other... "

The last time there was a payment problem I found out that I'd been disconnected only when I went to make a call, but then without a phone I had problems rectifying the situation, as the only people I could talk to were Vodafone employees, and they're not my bank :)

However by now sending me this text, I can sort out the whole problem and avoid being suddenly cut off and not knowing what's happening. It's only taken them 10 years to manage to hook their texts up to the accounts, but it's a job well done. It's amazing the way these little things help improve customer service - I hope other companies are taking note.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

indenial wrote: »
    I went in to Dunnes Stores in Limerick (on Ennis Rd)two weeks ago to buy a pair of shoes. I was in a hurry so I picked up the first pair I liked, got my size 9, tried one shoe on and they fitted so I said I would buy them. The shoes were tied together so I presumed they were both the same size!

Anyway, got to the check out and fair play to the girl at the till, she scanned both shoes which pointed out they didn't match, one was a size 8 and the other a size 9. This was well spotted, I wouldn't have blamed her for just scanning one shoe. She rang the bell for assistance and a woman in her 40's (old enough to have cop on) came and took the shoes back to see if there was a matching pair to reverse. She came back to say sorry these were the last two shoes left. The girl at the till half joked to both of us that some other poor soul obviously bought the wrong shoes also.

Stuck for a pair of shoes I went back to the shoes section to check for a matcher myself. I couldn't believe what I saw. Yer one dropped my shoes back for somebody else to buy! What an idiot. I was shaking my head in disbelief leaving. I would have gone to customer service about this woman only for being in such a rush. You would wonder how some people can still have a job in these recessionary times.:rolleyes:

It doesn't matter, they can't be sold in non- matching sizes. Never heard of that though, what's very common is the two barcodes both being for the right shoe, when the shoes themselves are a pair. Full-timers actually are the ones who are beyond caring, they have iron-cast contracts too.

Advertisement