Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

inforfun wrote: »
    6 months ago i ordered a tv box set and only yesterday i found out one for the discs is faulty.
    Send them an email this morning asking what can be done as a tv box set (6 seasons) is not something you are able to watch in a day or 2.

Within a couple of hours, no questions asked, a new box set is on its way, free of charge as long as i send back the faulty one within 30 days and then i ll be reimbursed for the shipping costs as well.

I think that is good service.

Name the site. Thats fantastic service!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

This one is funny but great if you are a chocoholic! Bought a bar of chocolate while visiting in London and it appeared to have gone off so, as per instructions on pack I just popped it into an envelope and sent it back to the factory, leaving my home address on enclosed letter. By the time I got back to Ireland there was a sizeable parcel with 50 bars of gloriously delicious chocolate of all different flavours awaiting me. I think that is called customer service at rapid speeds!! Needless to say I dropped them a thank you note with equal speed.

Here's another one. While living in Germany I bought an outfit for a wedding. Everthing fine on fitting etc, but two days before the wedding I noticed a flaw in the fabric and as I lived 4hrs driving distance from where I had purchased it, could not go there owing to commitments. I called the shop and explained everything. They sent a courrier the same day with a perfect replacement and he collected the other one. Brilliant service or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

friendface wrote: »
    I purchased a Toshiba Satellite laptop from Harvey Norman (HN) in August 2009. I also purchased a 3yr extended warranty from HN on the same date.

Recently my laptop charger stopped working so I called HN to inquire about getting it replaced under warranty. According to the representative on the phone (and his manager at the Limerick store) my laptop charger would not be covered under Toshiba manufacturer warranty nor would it be covered under HN extended warranty. Instead, he offered to sell me a generic adapter for €80 discounted to €60 since I purchased the laptop from HN in the first place.

Needless to say, I was disappointed with this response so I decided to phone Toshiba directly. I was informed that my charger was indeed covered and, after answering a few basic questions about the nature of the problem, I was told a new charger would be sent out in the post within 3 working days.

I tried calling back HN to explain the situation and to ask why they might be misinforming customers about what their warranty covers. I was left on hold until the line went dead.

While I was less than impressed with Harvey Normans response, I have to say I'm very impressed with the speed and professionalism with which Toshiba dealt with the problem.
    I have found Toshiba to be a great company, to deal with

Just a quick update on this. Toshiba did indeed send me out a replacement adapter. Turns out it was the wrong type (3.95A instead of 6.3A). It powered my laptop but would not charge the battery. I called them back and they quickly agreed to send another replacement. Some mistake by the person dealing with my claim resulted in me getting the same replacement again. After another phonecall they were actually apologetic and sent out the correct adapter, all of this free of charge. I have to say I've been very impressed with Toshiba. Even though I've been sent 3 adapters, I have not been asked to return any of them nor have I been asked to pay a cent to cover any costs. Would definitely highly recommend Toshiba to anyone again. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

syklops wrote: »
    Name the site. Thats fantastic service!
    Amazon... was in the "title" ;)

• Advertisement

One of the worst customer services I have had was in a cafe. The place looked modern and clean etc. Ordered a toasted sandwich which was prepared and placed in the grill by a glove wearing assistant as per hygiene protocol. Hey presto! this same assistant takes a mob and departs to the gents toilets to clean up and still wearing the same gloves, came out of the toilet disposed of said mop against the wall and proceeded to remove my sandwich!! I had no choice but to refuse and speak to the supervisor, who insisted that my eyes were deceiving me!! I assure you they were not, as even if the girl had changed gloves in the toilet, she was still holding a dirty mob handle which had been handled by how many more before her as well as touching the much stained door handle on her way back out. Yuck! Ever had an ice-cream cone beautifully dispensed with a tissue in one hand which is wrapped around the base of the cone, only to see the assistant then place a flake on top with the dirty hand which has handled coins and notes littered with bacteria moments before? Yes, the same assistant takes your money as well in some best avoided garages and shops and no she doesn't wash her hands in between, as I have purposely stood and watched the procedure many a time. Not surprising that so many people get tummy bugs, particularly children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

havetoquit wrote: »
    One of the worst customer services I have had was in a cafe. The place looked modern and clean etc. Ordered a toasted sandwich which was prepared and placed in the grill by a glove wearing assistant as per hygiene protocol. Hey presto! this same assistant takes a mob and departs to the gents toilets to clean up and still wearing the same gloves, came out of the toilet disposed of said mop against the wall and proceeded to remove my sandwich!!

I had no choice but to refuse and speak to the supervisor, who insisted that my eyes were deceiving me!! I assure you they were not, as even if the girl had changed gloves in the toilet, she was still holding a dirty mob handle which had been handled by how many more before her as well as touching the much stained door handle on her way back out. Yuck!

Very little of this is about customer service. Why didn't you just ask the assistant to changer her gloves? Was it really necessary to ask for the supervisor?

Customer Service is about the manner in which you are treated by a company/organisation. It has nothing to do with the quality of the product or service.

You asked for a supervisor, and got one(which apposite of what many people think you are not entitled to get), and you raised your concerns. How the supervisor responded to your request is where customer service comes in. Nothing to do with hygiene standards.
    havetoquit wrote: »
    Ever had an ice-cream cone beautifully dispensed with a tissue in one hand which is wrapped around the base of the cone, only to see the assistant then place a flake on top with the dirty hand which has handled coins and notes littered with bacteria moments before? Yes, the same assistant takes your money as well in some best avoided garages and shops and no she doesn't wash her hands in between, as I have purposely stood and watched the procedure many a time. Not surprising that so many people get tummy bugs, particularly children.

None of this is customer service related it is just a rant.

Gosh! Thank you for taking the time to respond in such detail. Okay, sorry if I have used the completely wrong thread here, but hardly think it deserved such a serious response. I genuinely misinterpreted the thread as being to do with all customer service, so thank you for putting me in the picture. At the very least I had hoped it may highlight the slap shod type of service we often receive, even if I placed it in wrong area. No, I do not think it was my place to ask the assistant to change gloves! It is the job of her supervisor surely to make sure that the staff are practising good hygiene.The customer surely does not have any control over such matters and could easily miss these goings on if engaged in conversation. Who else should I have reported this filthy practice to in your worthy opinion? Ok, over and out and everyone is entitled to their opinion...respect. Have a nice evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

My reply from Smyth's has arrived
    Smyth's wrote:
    Hello NR,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Our apologies for the delayed response to your query. During this time we have investigated this for you. This has been discussed this with our Software Head Buyers, Sony as well as the Blanchardstown Store Manager.

In Smyth’s Toy Stores, all software consoles/hardware are covered for 30 days directly with us and for one year with the manufacturer, unless otherwise stated. This means that if manufacturing problems arise within 30 days, Smyth’s will either repair/replace/refund within 30 days of the item being purchased, provided that the fault is a manufacturing fault. Outside of this 1 month period we offer our customers a refurbished unit, assuming the customer has not voided their warranty. Outside of the year guarantee, the alternative we offer our customers is to purchase a refurbished console at a set charge.

At this time the offer of a refurbished console for the set charge of €160 is still available to you. This is a service that we offer to our customers who are outside of their warranty period or if the fault is not covered under warranty (i.e. if it’s a non-manufacturing fault).

The yellow light fault indicator is not a specific fault; it is an indication that there is a problem with the console. The claims made on online forums and website have been widely disputed, including the allegations made on the Watchdog report.

Your console worked for 30 months without any problems; so we feel that something must have happened within that time to cause a failure. The reason why we only offer 1 year guarantee is that we feel should a fault occur outside of this time; it is a non-manufacturing fault.

A non-manufacturing fault is something which is not an inherent fault of the product or a manufacturing flaw. Some of the possible causes would be due to accidental damage, negligence, abuse or misuse (including, without limitation, failure to use this product for its normal purpose and / or in accordance with instructions) or storage in an unsuitable atmosphere (eg: in a dusty area, humid or unventilated area).

It has not been verified to either us the retailer, with whom your contract remains, or the manufacturer that the fault present is indeed a manufacturing fault. The burden proof is on the customer to proof this outside of the 6months after purchase.

Our obligations as a retailer are to provide you, the consumer, with a form of redress where they have an issue redressed with the product they have purchased. This can take the form of offering repair, refund or replacement. The retailer is not obliged to let the consumer choose which method of redress is offered, and the retailer does not have to be the direct provider of the redress.

If issues arise and we direct you to the manufacturers’ care line, this is seen as a perfectly acceptable means of redressing the issue you have with your product. Should you wish to contact Sony yourself directly, their number is 0818 365 065 or alternatively you can log onto their website www.ie.playstation.com.

We trust that you now understand the reason that we cannot offer you a refund or a replacement free of charge at this time. We would like to clarify that we are indeed redressing your query, by offering a replacement at a small charge. This is at a charge because, as of yet it has not been verified to us that there is a manufacturing fault present.

We trust that this letter clarifies our warranty cover, store procedures and the reasons that we cannot offer you this replacement free of charge at this time.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to pursue this matter further or reverse the decision made for the reasons above.

Our apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment that this may cause,

Regards,
    xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Outside of this 1 month period we offer our customers a refurbished unit, assuming the customer has not voided their warranty.

They have to offer a replacement, refund or repair. A refurbished unit is not a proper replacement in my eyes.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    They have to offer a replacement, refund or repair. A refurbished unit is not a proper replacement in my eyes.

There are so many things wrong, with their reply, that I honestly do not know where to begin.
    I am going to have to get someone more knowledgable, about things such as this, to take a look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There are so many things wrong, with their reply, that I honestly do not know where to begin.
    I am going to have to get someone more knowledgable, about things such as this, to take a look at it

Start with the National Consumer Agency - see consumerconnect.ie for contact details

Start with the National Consumer Agency - see consumerconnect.ie for contact details

They just got back to me and bluntly said "take them to the small claims court"
    He agreed that I am correct in expecting reasonable life cycle and their "warranty" is not above that. It will be up to the court registrar (or judge) to determine if my expection is actually reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

big thumbs up for Elvery's on Suffolk St
    they were very professional, had me do a bit of a jog on the treadmill analyse my running style, put in alot of effort to find the type of runners I wanted, even rang another store
    in the end they didnt quite have exactly what I wanted, but they were so helpful that I actually felt guilty about leaving without buying anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Screenway in Galway City: Following a recommendation on a boards.ie thread, I decided to bring my water-damaged iPod to them for assessment and replacement. Timeline as follows:

Tuesday May 25: Made my initial phone contact with the company. I was told at that point that they would be able to offer an on-the-spot assessment of damage to the device.

Wednesday May 26: Brought the iPod in. Was told it may take "2-3 days" for the assessment to be completed. Okay. Paid my 30 euro "administration fee".

Friday May 28: I became the recipient of a mumbled, incoherent voicemail message from an engineer at Screenway promising me that a quotation on repair was ready for my approval, should I call back. I returned the call. The engineer seemed confused and basically came across as trying to fob me off by telling me he was having trouble identifying the correct model of iPod and parts. Ten five minutes on Google provided me the complete specifications and a list of available spare parts. He dismissed that and hung up.

Wednesday June 2: I finally received a call to confirm that the iPod was beyond repair and instead a replacement would be offered instead at X price. At that time I confirmed the replacement in writing and queried when it would be ready for collection.

Friday June 4, 1:30pm: Having little else to do and having not heard from Screenway in the prior two days, I decided to drop into their offices in Dangan. I caught them all on their way out the door for lunch, but a staffer took my full details and promised a callback no later than 2pm:

3pm: Didn't hear anything, so I dropped back in to their office. I actually spoke with the engineer with whom I had been dealing. He acknowledged receipt of my email from June 2, but told me very off-handedly that he didn't reply because he didn't have anything to tell me. Told me to come back in an hour as they were expecting a courier to drop it in. They would call either way. Screenway apparently don't carry any iPods in regular stock?

4pm: No call. Dropped in a final time and was told it would be "several days" before the iPod would arrive. I could expect a call, then.

5pm: Went to Argos. Sister bought me a replacement.

I will admit to being a very impatient person because in the end we simply went and bought a new one, but I felt communication from Screenway was nothing but atrocious. At every point of contact I was giving the impression by staff that I was unfairly imposing myself upon them, and that they didn't really want to speak to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭grumpygit

I had the same problem with apple over an i-pod , went faulty within the warrenty period , they told me all their replacements are refurbished items and could not understand the fact I was not happy with this. Too much hassle to go to small claims although consumer affairs did point me in that direction. They sent me a refurbished unit that went faulty about a month (prob less can't remember) after my original warrenty was out. Rang them again and they sent me a refurbished one again. I do realise that at this stage as the original warrenty was out they did not have to replace it this time. I had no problem with the staff in Cork, they were just following policy and were as polite as they could be. This i-pod managed to work for another 3 months before going faulty so needless to say I never bought anything from Apple since and never will
    PS HTC have a lot better phones anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

grumpygit wrote: »
    I do realise that at this stage as the original warrenty was out they did not have to replace it this time.

OK it was outside Apple's warranty period but this, as they say, does not affect your statutory rights. Namely that you have a right to expect that the product will work for the expected lifespan or "shelf life" of the product. That's open to interpretation but, in my opinion, should be longer than a year for something like an iPod. So I think they still had an obligation to refund, repair or replace.
    Q6. I have a faulty product but the store policy states they won't accept returns after 28 days. What are my rights?

The retailer cannot put a time limit of 28 days on the return of faulty goods. This period generally refers to the retailer's policy regarding consumers exchanging goods that are not faulty.

The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980 covers faulty products. While this does not stipulate a time limit for the return of faulty goods, it is the consumer's responsibility to act promptly, bearing in mind the cost and expected lifespan or "shelf life" of the product.

From here

• Registered Users Posts: 37 turlach

Citizens Information phone line thingy... love it. Very helpfuil everytime i've been on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

friendface wrote: »
    Just a quick update on this. Toshiba did indeed send me out a replacement adapter. Turns out it was the wrong type (3.95A instead of 6.3A). It powered my laptop but would not charge the battery. I called them back and they quickly agreed to send another replacement. Some mistake by the person dealing with my claim resulted in me getting the same replacement again. After another phonecall they were actually apologetic and sent out the correct adapter, all of this free of charge. I have to say I've been very impressed with Toshiba. Even though I've been sent 3 adapters, I have not been asked to return any of them nor have I been asked to pay a cent to cover any costs. Would definitely highly recommend Toshiba to anyone again. :D

You should contact HN again and pursue their reply and see if they're trying to cheat people for extra sales. Could be illegeal even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

WORST EXPERANCE: fatcow.com - complete scam i mean that once i joined their webhosting company they constantly deleted my files, disrupted my hosting account, took extra money from me (fraud), gave cheek over the phone/live chat, overcharging as i said, ignorant staff (really, they say your fault when not, uuhh), they dont fix anything that they broke; i mean they turnoff the server and your files gone, mysql(dont get me started). after about a week of being with them and several problems as listed above i decided to request a refund, here's how i went:

1. I emailed fatcow billing department.
    2. i got reply asking if i would stay and except a discount, said no!
    3. they said they would forward to manager or higher level person
    4. got reply and saying "we apologise.."
    5. on and on and on... "we do not refund for the plan you were on" (I mean seriously my plan (there's only 2) said 30 money back guarentee, but I asked for a refund having been with them for 2 weeks!,
    6. got overcharged without authorisation(for domain)
    7. several months later this carryon is still going!:mad:
    Because the company is american i duno the law there but im pretty sure there's some act or something?
    ... and ryanair which doesnt really need to be posted cause posted by others loads of times!:mad:

BEST: I would say 'Aviva' well at the time 'hibernian aviva', they were very helpful and offered a lower price the staff were a breeze and everything was easy going.. highly recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Tim M-U wrote: »
    BEST: I would say 'Aviva' well at the time 'hibernian aviva', they were very helpful and offered a lower price the staff were a breeze and everything was easy going.. highly recommend.

They are fine untill something happens then they just dont care. Had an accident before on my side of the road (left side) another driver lost control came onto my side and hit me. I rang up and informed them about the crash.

Next day got a call from the other insurance company saying they were making a claim against me. I rang my insurance again and told them this. They said no claim had been made yet and untill it did they wouldn't look into it.

To cut a long story short, after me calling them up most days and wasting a lot of time (they never contacted me once) I found out that they had paid out. No one ever came out to either look at the car or where the crash happened or talk to a witness.

I made a complaint and finally I got a call back but the girl was quite rude on the phone and basically said if I dont like it I can take my own civil case or get another insurerer. Which I did and they wont be getting a penny of my money again.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

dinneenp wrote: »
    You should contact HN again and pursue their reply and see if they're trying to cheat people for extra sales. Could be illegeal even.

I honestly would contact them but I have enough trouble with another company at the minute (UPC :eek:) that I really don't have the time. I think I got a pretty good deal off HN, just a pity bout the after-sales service. Have no complaints with Toshiba though, top-class. :)

I guess UPC probably have a thread of their own at this stage. Have had nothing but trouble since I signed up with them in 2008. Constant signal interference on out TV/Broadband despite several technicians calling out claiming to fix the problem. UPC persist in sending people out to replace noise filters, splitters, Digibox etc. but this is not a solution. The problem is with noise on the outside line which UPC don't seem to want to deal with. Finally, last week, an engineer who was contracted by UPC but didn't work directly for them, called out to our house and confirmed the noise problem on the line. He said that UPC keeps sending out technicians just to keep the customer off their back. Since November 2008, we've honestly had around 10 visits from technicians each of whom seems to point out a fault in the previous guys work and claims to have the correct solution. The problem resolves itself for a few days and then it's back.

I've just finished writing my fourth and final letter to UPC complaints dept. Hoping to get reimbursed for poor service as we are currently paying €62pm for 30mb broadband and basic tv. I've let them know that no further payments will be made until the network problems are resolved. Hopefully, that will get them moving a bit faster.

Any suggestions on who to complain to if UPC decide not to refund me. Do ComReg deal with this type of matter. I have records of e-mails going back to November '08 outlining the problem with our service and nothing has been done to rectify it properly. Really annoyed with UPC at this stage :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

A good word out for Allied Irish Windscreens - we had our car broken into, and these guy have a direct payment contract with our insurance company. They were great at calling me (had some issues getting glass, wrong one sent) and both sets of guys who came out to fit on both times were lovely fellas. Very polite (and apologetic in the first instance) and they really gave the car a good clean to get all the tape marks off the paint work. The guys in the office were also very polite & helpful. Would defo use them again, and they came to my place to work to sort me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 amoppet

Carpet Right Mahon Point... bought €1000 worth of carpet off them 2 years ago, waited weeks before they came and laid it in my bedroom and as it went down i said it was the wrong colour, he insisted it was the right colour and i was wrong and finished laying it. I took a cut back to the store and checked it myself against what i had in writing i had ordered to find i was right and it was darker than what i had ordered, i got the merry go round from the manager he told me to come over and speak with him, i left work immediately to go over and find he had just left for the day???? eventually they agreed to replace it but wanted me to clear the room (i had already had to pay someone to do that the first time because of all the heavy furniture in it), i refused and we argued about it, eventually they backed down and got the fitter to clear it and lay the right carpet..... which was so not worth what i paid for it! :mad::mad:

On the positive side i went to factory carpets on the kinsale roundabout and got a €90 carpet for the stairs and landing on a sunday, they came and fitted it on the monday and could not have been more helpful and the carpet is still perfect..... go figure.... just shows that sometimes the more expensive option isn't the best one! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ali2911

My worst experience has to be with Vodafone, The Square Tallaght. I bought a Sony Vivaz only last week, I brought it back into the shop after only 4 days having the phone. On the second day it turned itself off and took multiple attempts to start up again. It was incredibly slow and the OS kept freezing.

The shop sent it back to be tested, after 5 days waiting they said there's nothing wrong with the phone and won't give me a replacement or refund. I can't believe the appalling level of customer service I've received from Vodafone. The product is obviously faulty and Vodafone are clearly breaching consumer rights.

I have since found countless amounts of complaints about the same phone on many forums including the vodafone forum.

http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/3867-vodafone-replacement-issue/page__p__23304__hl__sony%20vivaz%20__fromsearch__1&#entry23304

http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/3855-so-annoyed-with-vodafone/page__p__23702__hl__sony%20vivaz%20__fromsearch__1&#entry23702

http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/3183-vivaz-apps-store-not-working/page__p__18946__hl__sony%20vivaz%20__fromsearch__1&#entry18946

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 scamed_by_dvb

Beware of dvbconsole (dvbconsole.com) also known as irishmodchips (irishmodchips.com) both of them are the same store run by the same person. This merchant is <snip>

He claims to sell wode jukebox wasabi DX supercard DSone DStwo and different accessories for Nintendo wii psp ds playstation etc.

Everything seems in stock on the website and he is prompt to respond by email to enquires before buying. After purchase there is no longer communication or delivery (although he claims "we can make sure our products hit your doorstep in 1 day" when shipping to Ireland or UK since he ships from Derry).

Over the course of 2 weeks I contacted him more than 10 times politely requesting delivery schedule and got no answer. When I asked to cancel my order and refund the money not only did not respond but also cancelled my access to the account in his store where you can see your order status. Again no response therefore I had to cancel my visa card since its details are unfortunately in dubious hands. Although his website seems respectable it is not a legit merchant.

I have <snip> close to £100 and had to cancel my visa card with al the consequent hassle.

I am weghing the possibility of filing a money claim order with the HMCS and I am looking for advice to what extent this will help me recover my money.

I am reporting his behavior in this forum so nobody else falls for this <snip> Particularly people in the UK or Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Beware of dvbconsole (dvbconsole.com) also known as irishmodchips (irishmodchips.com) both of them are the same store run by the same person. This merchant is <snip>

He claims to sell wode jukebox wasabi DX supercard DSone DStwo and different accessories for Nintendo wii psp ds playstation etc.

Everything seems in stock on the website and he is prompt to respond by email to enquires before buying. After purchase there is no longer communication or delivery (although he claims "we can make sure our products hit your doorstep in 1 day" when shipping to Ireland or UK since he ships from Derry).

Over the course of 2 weeks I contacted him more than 10 times politely requesting delivery schedule and got no answer. When I asked to cancel my order and refund the money not only did not respond but also cancelled my access to the account in his store where you can see your order status. Again no response therefore I had to cancel my visa card since its details are unfortunately in dubious hands. Although his website seems respectable it is not a legit merchant.

I have <snip> close to £100 and had to cancel my visa card with al the consequent hassle.

I am weghing the possibility of filing a money claim order with the HMCS and I am looking for advice to what extent this will help me recover my money.

I am reporting his behavior in this forum so nobody else falls for this <snip> Particularly people in the UK or Ireland
    Contact your card merchant and initiate a chargeback for non-delivery. You should get a full refund and he will be hammered with charges and penalties for the chargeback by his payment processing merchant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 scamed_by_dvb

Kensington wrote: »
    Contact your card merchant and initiate a chargeback for non-delivery. You should get a full refund and he will be hammered with charges and penalties for the chargeback by his payment processing merchant.
    Thanks Kensington!
    That is probably the way to go and faster than reporting dvbconsole to the HMCS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 XavierCrow

Thanks Kensington!
    That is probably the way to go and faster than reporting dvbconsole to the HMCS.

Interestingly enough, I've had the same problem with dvbconsole over the supercard dstwoi. I emailed him once about the dstwo (before it was released) and he replied, explaining that it would be sometime in april before the cards are supposed to be released and sent out. Good so far.

Only... it's now almost july and I have no dstwoi card and no email response at all, despite sending two emails recently and my account info has disappeared too, just like your's.

Maybe there's been some sort've major problem with his servers or he's dead or something, but the lack of info is pretty bad. I'd be interested to see if anyone can successfully order ANYTHING from the site right now or even get an email.

Good luck getting your money back. For the moment I'm gonna wait to see if something happens. I bought my card with a 3V voucher, so I can't lose any more... may as well hope for the best.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought I had purchased a PS2 from them a couple of years back, but it was actually from modchipsireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Mean_Mudda

My dealings with NCT, almost comical:

From me:
    Hi,
    I'm available to go to Galway NCT centre at short notice.
    Would it be possible to add me to a short-notice list?
    Also, if I need to call can you tell me a national format number I can call, as I can't dial 1890 numbers from my office. Thanks

Their reply:
    Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your mail. The details of your NCT are as follows:
    Date:20th June
    Time: 10.30am
    Test Centre:Galway
    Good luck with the test.
    Best Regards,
    Lorraine.

Nice one Lorraine!

Advertisement