Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RipItUp

Worst:

iRiver (mp3 manufacturing company - when I was using their products - 2005/6 - they had no customer service in Ireland and I couldn't get a product fixed that was under warranty.)

Power City - uncompromising, arrogant and incompetent in dealing with customer issues

Argos - similar to Power City, although not quite as bad.

Best:

Certain sellers on Amazon (by sending out replacements for wrongly delivered items, with no need to return the wrong item you were given)

The goodness of individual eBayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Praise for An Post, I posted my christmas cards on monday evening, realised I missed Mondays post, so they were collected Tuesday.

Got 3 calls this morning from people saying they got my calls, mostly around leinster, fair play. They dont guarantee delivery after the 17th for Ireland, I got next day delivery on the 21st.

Posted two cards on the same day from Dublin City Center.
    One to Meath which got there within 1 -2 days.
    One to Dublin South which took 2 weeks +

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

I ordered a BR player from amazon.co.uk for delivery to Ireland on Thursday last. Order confirmation stated free super saver delivery via an post. Great.

So on Monday the BR player arrives, sent from Dublin, fantastic turnaround on the order. Here's the rub, however, the BR player was simply posted out in its original Sony box with a "documents enclosed" envelope stuck on it. No outer packaging or padding to disguise it, nothing! The postman was amazed that they would do that, everything else I've ever had from them and other suppliers has had an outer anonymous box.

I contacted amazon to see if this was a new policy, no reply as yet!

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Just bought a dryer this week from DID in their online sale. They emailed to ask if a particular day would suit and gave me a 3-hour window today (Saturday). They texted me this morning to confirm and hey presto it was delivered on time this afternoon. What can I say - super service with a smile. It sure makes a change to get service like that in this country :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Casio Coffee

Hi all,

Is anyone having a problem booking with Topgifts? I have a gift voucher for an experience which I have tried to redeem but they keep on putting me off. I have contacted the company I would be taking the experience with and they say that they have loads of availability and have had this problem with Topgifts in the past where they say the company cannot provide the service due to some reason or other, never the fault of Topgifts.

CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Bought an LCD TV from Argos in August.

It was very noisy (possibly power supply) and finally got round to ringing them over the weekend and they exchanged it for a new one - no questions asked.

Very happy with outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Hi all,

Is anyone having a problem booking with Topgifts? I have a gift voucher for an experience which I have tried to redeem but they keep on putting me off. I have contacted the company I would be taking the experience with and they say that they have loads of availability and have had this problem with Topgifts in the past where they say the company cannot provide the service due to some reason or other, never the fault of Topgifts.

CC

Similar experience with topgifts - spoke to the guy running the place where I went, and he told me there was no issue with dates, and that there had been availability pretty much any weekend though the year, and I could have done the activity months back. Top gifts gave me a very limited range of dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

seagull wrote: »
    Similar experience with topgifts - spoke to the guy running the place where I went, and he told me there was no issue with dates, and that there had been availability pretty much any weekend though the year, and I could have done the activity months back. Top gifts gave me a very limited range of dates.

Top Gifts have your money and probably do not pay it out the the experience provider until you actually complete the experience. Obviously it's in their interest, from a cash flow perspective, to put you off as long as possible. I presume the voucher also has an expiry date - if it goes past the expiry date Top Gifts presumably keeps the money.

I'd be making a call to Top Gifts asking them to explain why the experience provider has availability but they don't. If you don't get far with them I'd raise it with Pricewatch in the Irish Times, it's the kind of shenanigans they are usually interested in. cpope@irishtimes.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Pittybitty

:D Amazon.co.uk - absolutely fantastic customer service. I got a delivery from them before Christmas and noticed a book was missing even though it said on the delivery dockets it was enclosed. I emailed CS to let them know and the book was delivered a day later and when I seen my bill, I was not charged for it!

:D Vodafone - topped up by €20 and did not get my free calls and texts like I usually do. I rang customer service and spoke to a lovely girl called Christine who sorted it out then and there. She asked me if I would like help on anything else and when i enquired about the vodafone pay as you go dongles, she took the time to explain to me how they work and even checked with the IT team to see if I would have full coverage in my area. I was delighted.

:( Tesco in The Square - just before Christmas I ran in there to buy some milk on my way home. There was a huge queue at the self service checkouts so i went to the kiosk to be told by some yoke that she cant take for anything that she cant see in front of her!! One pint of milk FFS!! I left the milk on the counter and went to Dunnes.

:( Furniture Design on the Old Bawn Road - ordered 2 leather bar-type stools and a dining room table and chairs and paid for them all together. Got the table and chairs the next week as promised. The stools had to be ordered in and would take another 10 or so days. Got a phone call to say the stools had arrived and would be delivered the next day. Due to the bad weather the stools couldnt be delivered so himself said he'd collect them. Went to collect them only to be told they couldnt be located. The girl i spoke to said she'd get the owner / manager to ring me when he comes back from lunch. Got no call that day so I rang the next day and spoke to the manager who then informed me he'd sold them but would order me 2 new ones which would take 2 weeks + to come in. Politely said no and demanded my money back, which is still being haggled over at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allthatGlitters

:):) Argos Customer Services

In December I went into Argos Castlebar to buy some items with a giftcard I had worth over €200. Couldn't find it anywhere and presume I dropped it somewhere in the store because I definitely had it going in. Panic stations. :eek:

I hadn't got the little till receipt with the transaction number, time date etc but a very kind member of staff took the time to search through the till (I knew the aprox. date and time) and provided me with those details.

I emailed Argos customer services in the UK with all my details. It took a few days but they got back to me and said they had cancelled the original giftcard and a new one would be put in the post to me. I have since received the new one so I am very very happy needless to say. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Gallagher5

NTL has always been a disaster. They only work like Mon to Fri 9 to 6, what about all of us that work?

VHI are not great either. Don't answer phones. So I tried calling Aviva then and they were'nt much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭exspes

I noticed a lot of people posting on their 'Samsung Wave' page on the bargain alerts page, felt it deserved it's own post here as i would like to highlight their appalling customer service for everyone.

I ordered a Samsung Tocca Ultra from them on the 29/12/10 On the 5th of January 2011 i received my phone. The packaging for the phone had been opened at either end of the box, i thought nothing of it and accepted it from the postman. I opened the outer packaging to see that the box for my phone was damaged (as in had been let fall or put under something heavy) and slightly wet, the security seals from samsung were broken and the phone had fingerprints all over the screen. I e-mailed customer services and was told that they had opened the package to 'check quality' (aka some yob working in carphone warehouse wanted to have a look see at the phone, i'd rather have samsungs quality control checks than carphone warehouse's any day) and that i could go to a Carphone Warehouse store to exchange, i replied that i did not want to go to a store, i had bought the phone online for a reason.

After a week of emails on the 12th of January it was agreed, after i had quoted the Sale of goods and Supply of services act 1980 and threatened to contact the National Consumer Agency, that someone would call me about delivering a replacement, i received a call on January 14th at which point i was asked me again to come into the store, i said "i want it delivered as per our original contract" and he got snippy with me saying 'how are we supposed to exchange your phone so?' i said "surely that's your job to work that out" then the caller (who never gave their name) said 'ill have to talk to management, let me call you back."

On January 29th i sent another email informing the company that i had not received that call. As of the 1st of February i had received no correspondence to this email and so contacted the National Consumer Agency who instructed me to send them a formal email detailing my experience and i did so. The NCA informed me i could take the matter to the small claims court and with all the emailed evidence that carphone warehouse had sent me (admitting they opened the phone, that the package was wet and not handled correctly) that i would most likely win. I recieved an email from carphone warehouse yesterday 02/02/11 in which no solution was given to me what so ever only that 'a report had been made to head office' i replied saying (and this is a quote from the email)
    "Please read the previous emails before you reply to my latest one. As i stated as per our contract i was to have a phone delivered to my house. It was also to be delivered in a timely fashion, 3-5 working days, over a month is not 3-5 working days. As far as i'm concerned your company has borrowed money off me for the last month. Also, you say 'a complaint has been lodge with head office' firstly am i ever going to see the outcome of that complaint or hear from anyone in head office? secondly that doesn't in any way tell me what you intend about replacing my phone, wasting my time and getting a loan from me, if that money had be left in my bank account for the last month i would have been earning interest on it. So again, how do you intend to go ab out replacing my phone and compensating me for my wasted time and borrowing my money. Saying sorry 10 times in an email doesn't address any of those issues."

Today i received an email saying they had no stock to replace my phone and as such were refunding me the full amount of the phone and that i could keep the phone. Which suited me down to the ground because i now don't care if the phone breaks because i got it for free.

Now i'm sure many of you are thinking 'jesus, what they did wasn't that bad' but the reason i consistently pushed it so far was that i was constantly told that my objections were unfounded because they (like most companies) would have expected me to give up and do what they wanted me to until they eventually got sick of dealing with me and essentially told me to **** off in the nicest way possible.

Anyway, moral of the story, if you recently have been ****ed over by Carphone Warehouse, push the matter as far as you can and show these companies that us as their customers are the reason that they exist in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

Good
    I have to say that Eircom was both the best and worst CS I've had in a while.

In June '10, I rang Eircom to get my grandmother's broadband disconnected, as she was out of contract and wanted to move to UPC. Was told to send in a letter, and the modem. I sent them in, on her behalf, and thought nothing more of it, and neither did she.

In Dec '10, I happened to see an Eircom bill, and they were still charging her for the broadband service, even though she had sent back the modem. I rang the broadband team, who claimed it was not their fault that they didn't cancel the service, it was An Post's! So I send back in a copy of the letter I had sent in June '10.

In Jan '11, I asked my grandmother for a look at her bill. Once again, they had not ceased billing her for the broadband. I rang them again, asking about cancelling, and the letter sent in Dec '10. They made the same claim (An Post).

This time I sent in another letter, plus a copy of the original letter. I then rang them 5 days later asking whether or not they received it. They gave me the same excuse again. I asked for a supervisor at that point, but was told that there was none available.

That was the bad service.

Good service.

Rang Eircom after the last conversation with their broadband team. They took the complaint at 9am, listened to the problem, and promised me a call back within 1 day. 2 hours later, I got a call from another complaints agent, agreeing to refund the entire amount due, back to June '10 (~€200).

I was both very impressed, and my grandmother was very happy, as it was a week's pension for her to get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 unhappyshopper

on a recent shopping trip to dunnes stores in gorey county wexford i was appalled to witness what can only be described as bullying by a member of managment to a member of staff,it wasnt just myself that witnessed this but a entire que of people at the checkouts..after leaving the store this still played on my mind and decided 2 contact ther head office by letter to which i have still had no reply, when mentioning this to a friend she was not atall suprised gorey being a small town people talk and she said her son had worked there and had always said he could not beleave how bad the staff were treated..call your self a irish company you should be ashamed.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 darkhorse2010

I don't know why so many people recommend ESL in Powerscourt for jewellery valuations. I went there with a ring I bought abroad , which had no cert.,with it.I was sure that they would be able to value it but they told me that they could not value it for me as I had no cert with it !!What kind of jewellers or valuers are they if they can't value the ring unless they are given all the information !!!If they were any good they should be able to tell me all the information and not ask me for the information.!!They also charge e75 for ou to give them the information.....what a rip off!!!I would not recommend them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

on a recent shopping trip to dunnes stores in gorey county wexford i was appalled to witness what can only be described as bullying by a member of managment to a member of staff,it wasnt just myself that witnessed this but a entire que of people at the checkouts..after leaving the store this still played on my mind and decided 2 contact ther head office by letter to which i have still had no reply, when mentioning this to a friend she was not atall suprised gorey being a small town people talk and she said her son had worked there and had always said he could not beleave how bad the staff were treated..call your self a irish company you should be ashamed.......

I have seen this more than once in Waterford, I supposed I'd be more lightly to notice because I work in a supermarket. I just visited the stores in Gorey and Arklow for the first time after Christmas and I couldn't believe how different they are. They are more like M&S compared to out Dunnes. The managers and staff I encountered were lovely.

I think you did the right thing but I seriously doubt they will take any notice. They way it works there, if your a 'soft' manager, they will get someone else to eat your staff our of for you then they will either transfer you out or let you go. By 'soft' I mean human!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

My Rants:

SKY:mad::mad::mad:

Seriously their customer service is generally a joke - sorry to the odd cs rep who is ok.
    I wanted to pay my bill. I rang sky. The girl took my card details and told me the card was declined. She tried a couple times and then said you may contact your bank. I did and my bank said everything was fine their end, so I rang sky back. The girl I got this time was a complete WKR! Gave her my details, she put them through and said it was declined. She tried a couple more times then said to me no sorry I may contact my bank. I told her I had just contacted my bank and they said it was fine their end. She said contact my bank. I said again I just had. She said contact your bank I can't help you. I said it was not my bank, is there possibly a problem with the system your end. Oh no there was no chance of there being a problem with their systems. How dare I say that. Contact my bank. That is ALL she could say. Contact my bank. She was quite rude and unhelpful. I said how am I supposed to pay my bill, not her problem. Basically tough! When I rang back later to try one more time the chap I spoke to said sorry we cannot take payment at this time because our system is down. So I was right before and yer wan was just being ignorant and unhelpful. I said to the chap what am I supposed to do then, and he said ring back in a couple of days (costing me a fortune in fonecalls!) and I said so, and also you have now cut my telly off. I wanna pay my bill and it is your system says I can't. He spoke to a supervisor and said we will restore your telly and you will have this payment charge added to next months dd so you don't gotta ring again.

Then I rang another day to speak to someone about both channels and technical issues. I got the channels guy first. When we were finished I asked could he put me through to the technical department. No he says but I can give you a number. Can I get an IRISH number I ask as I am ringing from mobile and it is costing a fortune. Yes he says this is an Irish number, it is in Cork. I ring the number. I explain my problem to the girl. Sorry she says I can't help you. Let me put you through to the technical people. You are the technical people I say. No she says we are customer services. I say the bloke gave me this number saying specifically that it is technical. No she says but I will put you through to them now. Are you calling from the Republic? Yes I say, I take it you are NOT in the republic???!:eek::eek::eek::eek: No she says we are in England. I was like what? The bloke not only told me this number was specifically for technical he also said it was deffo an IRISH number I was ringing as I am calling off a mobile. Well no she says we are customer services in England but I will put you through to our technical department now. I was :mad:fuming:mad:. And then the nice lady on the technical team told me it would cost me €100 to have someone come out and look at my cable problem!!! Not gonna happen. Soon as my years contract for HD is up I am gone. These are the last straws for me with sky.

I do have a couple more rants which I will post later when I have time! And I will try and remember the raves too!

Write to them, (but with paragraphs), they usually are really generous with sorting out complaints.

If your contract is up, call and say you want to get 'information on how to cancel' because of the previous problems you have had with them.

Expect a few months free. You may have to pay by DD though so you wont owe them money again.

PS you probably got through to an overflow call centre, thats why it was in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

hdowney wrote: »
    My Rants:

SKY:mad::mad::mad:

Seriously their customer service is generally a joke - sorry to the odd cs rep who is ok.
    I wanted to pay my bill. I rang sky. The girl took my card details and told me the card was declined. She tried a couple times and then said you may contact your bank. I did and my bank said everything was fine their end, so I rang sky back. The girl I got this time was a complete WKR! Gave her my details, she put them through and said it was declined. She tried a couple more times then said to me no sorry I may contact my bank. I told her I had just contacted my bank and they said it was fine their end. She said contact my bank. I said again I just had. She said contact your bank I can't help you. I said it was not my bank, is there possibly a problem with the system your end. Oh no there was no chance of there being a problem with their systems. How dare I say that. Contact my bank. That is ALL she could say. Contact my bank. She was quite rude and unhelpful. I said how am I supposed to pay my bill, not her problem. Basically tough! When I rang back later to try one more time the chap I spoke to said sorry we cannot take payment at this time because our system is down. So I was right before and yer wan was just being ignorant and unhelpful. I said to the chap what am I supposed to do then, and he said ring back in a couple of days (costing me a fortune in fonecalls!) and I said so, and also you have now cut my telly off. I wanna pay my bill and it is your system says I can't. He spoke to a supervisor and said we will restore your telly and you will have this payment charge added to next months dd so you don't gotta ring again.

Then I rang another day to speak to someone about both channels and technical issues. I got the channels guy first. When we were finished I asked could he put me through to the technical department. No he says but I can give you a number. Can I get an IRISH number I ask as I am ringing from mobile and it is costing a fortune. Yes he says this is an Irish number, it is in Cork. I ring the number. I explain my problem to the girl. Sorry she says I can't help you. Let me put you through to the technical people. You are the technical people I say. No she says we are customer services. I say the bloke gave me this number saying specifically that it is technical. No she says but I will put you through to them now. Are you calling from the Republic? Yes I say, I take it you are NOT in the republic???!:eek::eek::eek::eek: No she says we are in England. I was like what? The bloke not only told me this number was specifically for technical he also said it was deffo an IRISH number I was ringing as I am calling off a mobile. Well no she says we are customer services in England but I will put you through to our technical department now. I was :mad:fuming:mad:. And then the nice lady on the technical team told me it would cost me €100 to have someone come out and look at my cable problem!!! Not gonna happen. Soon as my years contract for HD is up I am gone. These are the last straws for me with sky.

I do have a couple more rants which I will post later when I have time! And I will try and remember the raves too!

Dam and i thought UPC were bad:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Frank slade

My wife and I joined educo gym in south Dublin in the summer to learn how to exercise properly in a short period of time and also lose some weight in the process. When we went to join the staff could not be nicer and welcomed us with open arms, we joined up for 3 months each at 219 per month per person and then all the supplements which came to close to 600. After the three months we decided to join another "normal" gym that was nearer to us to continue exercising as educo gym is not really a long term affordable option at 219 per person per month. Also with two young kids the trek was not possible as often as we would like to go. My wife who had difficulty remembering her exercises as when you join you are given a card like most gyms, so she called the ladies at the gym and asked could she simply have her exercise card outlining her exercises and the weight she finished up when she left educo. The minute they realized she was leaving the tone changed, she was ltold she could have the simple exercise card but then when I called into request the card personally, nobody would talk to me and simply refused to give it to me as it was their property and company policy.after spending 2000 euro with then company you would think that apiece of paper which is now good to anybody else would not be a big deal right? WRONG! The minute they sense the customer has made a decision to leave good business practice and customer service go out the window. Would I recommend educo gym? In short No! Not a chance but make your own decision this is just my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

My wife and I joined educo gym in south Dublin in the summer to learn how to exercise properly in a short period of time and also lose some weight in the process. When we went to join the staff could not be nicer and welcomed us with open arms, we joined up for 3 months each at 219 per month per person and then all the supplements which came to close to 600. After the three months we decided to join another "normal" gym that was nearer to us to continue exercising as educo gym is not really a long term affordable option at 219 per person per month. Also with two young kids the trek was not possible as often as we would like to go. My wife who had difficulty remembering her exercises as when you join you are given a card like most gyms, so she called the ladies at the gym and asked could she simply have her exercise card outlining her exercises and the weight she finished up when she left educo. The minute they realized she was leaving the tone changed, she was ltold she could have the simple exercise card but then when I called into request the card personally, nobody would talk to me and simply refused to give it to me as it was their property and company policy.after spending 2000 euro with then company you would think that apiece of paper which is now good to anybody else would not be a big deal right? WRONG! The minute they sense the customer has made a decision to leave good business practice and customer service go out the window. Would I recommend educo gym? In short No! Not a chance but make your own decision this is just my experience.

At €2628 per year, i don't think they will getting too many new customers anyway. My gym, Felda at Dundalk, had a years membership for €238 back in January. It also has a pool too and free exercise classes upstairs.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Write to them, (but with paragraphs), they usually are really generous with sorting out complaints.

If your contract is up, call and say you want to get 'information on how to cancel' because of the previous problems you have had with them.

Expect a few months free. You may have to pay by DD though so you wont owe them money again.

PS you probably got through to an overflow call centre, thats why it was in England.

sorry bout the paragraphs, was a little off colour today, usually write better than that!!!!

as to dd - it is usually dd, but there WAS a technical glitch with my bank or something in the beginning (over a week prior) where they gave the money to sky and then for reasons unbeknownst to anyone, took it back and stuck it back in my account where it sat until i tried to pay by laser and reinstate my direct debit.

as to the overflow call centre, the woman told me that this was a specific british number - i'll b honest i don't know all the different types of numbers used in ireland and would have know way to know that the number WASN'T irish, especially as i specifically asked for an irish number and the bloke swore it was one.

almanu wrote: »
    Dam and i thought UPC were bad:P

tis INSANE. :p

i am so unsure what to do. like i have had it up to HERE with sky at this point. since i got my hd in last yr, and got d hd box i have had umpteen problems with service also. bout a month after i got the box it decided to cut out, then when the channels came back - they didn't. bbc came back but NONE of the rest. engineer was duly dispatched - said box was buggered and had to be replaced. argh says me, what about all d recordings on there - i am very much a record and watch later for ease of ffwd person. well tough they were gone.

then the second box hasn't faired much better - as to wether it is the box or the dish or what i don't know. channels have cut off several times - during recordings etc. one time when they cut off and came back they came back WITHOUT the bbc and it took like three days and SEVERAL phonecalls to sort the sitch.

so even before the customer service i have gotten of late i was a bit peeved with sky, and that just did it in.

what scares me though is so many people have similar opinions of upc both in terms of viewing and customer service, so i am wondering will i be any better off in switching providers.

when i moved down here eleven yr ago sky was the ONLY provider i could get. chorus at the time claimed we didn't exist, and indoor and outdoor arials didn't work cos A, we are at sea level, and B, there is a massive building between us and dublin or wherever!!

don't know what other options there would be apart from sky and upc for the kind of channel lineup i am looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 acorrib11

I would like to give a quick mention to Sarah's boutique in the Galway shopping centre. Without exception here, I had the best customer service and fashion advice in galway. There is a girl there, small with dark hair, the manager, I think, called Lisa, who is a breath of fresh air! Im am so used to pushy sales spiel from independent boutiques in Galway and no service at all from high street shops that my expectations were low to say the least. Firstly the girl out shone the shop. She was dressed very stylishly and I could see and hear from her she loved her job and was very knowledgeable about her stock. I was looking for a gift for my mother and within a few moments without question she had picked out the perfect outfit for mum. Secondly this girl Lisa went well above her job as it was well after six when the shop should have been closed and I did not feel pressured to leave or make a purchase. SHARAH'S BOUTIQUE IN THE GALWAY SHOPPING CENTRE IS A MUST FOR ANYONE WHO IS SICK OF POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 acorrib11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

You enjoyed it that much you felt the need to register on boards and post it twice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Not a nice company from the top down, the rights are great, treatment shoddy in everyday little things. Otherwise it varies from store to store- the most important influence is the HR manager, store manager not so much- individual managers, big influence. Plenty of them are completely up themselves on power trips, determined to undermine staff who won't/can't stand up for themselves, making friends with really bitchy staff members and offloading mistakes onto staff. Nasty stuff, millions of those managers floating around- however they get moved around store incredibly quickly- at the end of my 3 years, there was only one manager in the store working there longer than me. Nice managers tend to be looked down on and excluded by other managers, being too friendly with staff is frowned upon. Others start out nice but become too stressed out by the pressure. Company policy aids this sort of crap, I've seen staff AND managers bullied. Really though because managers are so inrterchangeable, even higher up ones and HR the entire atmosphere in a store can completely change year on year. I doubt Head Office care, they'd be more interested in finding out if the staff member priced something wrong and that was what the bollocking was for..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

acorrib11 wrote: »
    I would like to give a quick mention to Sarah's boutique in the Galway shopping centre. Without exception here, I had the best customer service and fashion advice in galway. There is a girl there, small with dark hair, the manager, I think, called Lisa, who is a breath of fresh air! Im am so used to pushy sales spiel from independent boutiques in Galway and no service at all from high street shops that my expectations were low to say the least. Firstly the girl out shone the shop. She was dressed very stylishly and I could see and hear from her she loved her job and was very knowledgeable about her stock. I was looking for a gift for my mother and within a few moments without question she had picked out the perfect outfit for mum. Secondly this girl Lisa went well above her job as it was well after six when the shop should have been closed and I did not feel pressured to leave or make a purchase. SHARAH'S BOUTIQUE IN THE GALWAY SHOPPING CENTRE IS A MUST FOR ANYONE WHO IS SICK OF POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Great post Sarah :D

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote: »
    tis INSANE. :p

i am so unsure what to do. like i have had it up to HERE with sky at this point. since i got my hd in last yr, and got d hd box i have had umpteen problems with service also. bout a month after i got the box it decided to cut out, then when the channels came back - they didn't. bbc came back but NONE of the rest. engineer was duly dispatched - said box was buggered and had to be replaced. argh says me, what about all d recordings on there - i am very much a record and watch later for ease of ffwd person. well tough they were gone.

then the second box hasn't faired much better - as to wether it is the box or the dish or what i don't know. channels have cut off several times - during recordings etc. one time when they cut off and came back they came back WITHOUT the bbc and it took like three days and SEVERAL phonecalls to sort the sitch.

so even before the customer service i have gotten of late i was a bit peeved with sky, and that just did it in.

what scares me though is so many people have similar opinions of upc both in terms of viewing and customer service, so i am wondering will i be any better off in switching providers.

when i moved down here eleven yr ago sky was the ONLY provider i could get. chorus at the time claimed we didn't exist, and indoor and outdoor arials didn't work cos A, we are at sea level, and B, there is a massive building between us and dublin or wherever!!

don't know what other options there would be apart from sky and upc for the kind of channel lineup i am looking for

Poor George Hook much get some hassel!!

Advertisement