Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sounds similar to Motivation weight Management. There must be gold in the 'supplements' at the price they see them at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Poor George Hook much get some hassel!!

i don't understand. who is george hook?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

almanu wrote: »
    Great post Sarah :D
    She also misspelled her own name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Ah yes I remember those adverts well. Sorry but he is PAID to talk ****e!! (not that he necessarily is, his service mite be impeccable, but still!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭exspes

acorrib11 wrote: »
    I would like to give a quick mention to Sarah's boutique in the Galway shopping centre. Without exception here, I had the best customer service and fashion advice in galway. There is a girl there, small with dark hair, the manager, I think, called Lisa, who is a breath of fresh air! Im am so used to pushy sales spiel from independent boutiques in Galway and no service at all from high street shops that my expectations were low to say the least. Firstly the girl out shone the shop. She was dressed very stylishly and I could see and hear from her she loved her job and was very knowledgeable about her stock. I was looking for a gift for my mother and within a few moments without question she had picked out the perfect outfit for mum. Secondly this girl Lisa went well above her job as it was well after six when the shop should have been closed and I did not feel pressured to leave or make a purchase. SHARAH'S BOUTIQUE IN THE GALWAY SHOPPING CENTRE IS A MUST FOR ANYONE WHO IS SICK OF POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

you know it's really nice to read something positive in this thread :) even if she did post it herself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

acorrib11 wrote: »

another great post Sarah , :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

exspes wrote: »
    you know it's really nice to read something positive in this thread :) even if she did post it herself :P

At least she will get some extra visitors, even if they only go into her shop to take the piss.

exspes wrote: »

cough " bullshte " cough

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I think ye are being very unfair to Sarah here.
    I believe she did not post the above misspelled spam.

I think it was her humble employee LISA.

• Advertisement

I think ye are being very unfair to Sarah here.
    I believe she did not post the above misspelled spam.

I think it was her humble employee LISA.

Lisa ROCKS!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@almanu and @Pageant Messiah If you have a problem with a post, please use the Report Post functionality. Do not clog up the thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jclally

I used www.britishwatchcompany.com for christmas presents a couple of years back without any problems. I tried again before christmas, using their "new and improved" website.
    Selected my items, and when I went to pay it routed me through an Amazon server. Three weeks later, 10 days before xmas, still no watches. I called and they had no record of my order - told me I needed to contact Amazon.
    I called Amazon and the person I spoke with tried to help me, but told me that all they did was take payment; my order was with BWC and it was up to them to ship it, which I agreed with.
    Got back on to BWC, the person I spoke to said it was nothing to do with them, it was down to Amazons "shoddy service", but that I would need to resolve with Amazon. I tried making the point that my order was with him, the service provider he used was his concern and not mine, but he wouldn't budge.
    Avoid like the plague.
    I'm trying to think of a positive experience but am struggling.... Arnotts have always been good in terms of exchanging good etc

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I bought a wireless keyboard from Amazon but made a mistake in the model number. They'd shipped it from Amazon France even though I'd bought it through Amazon UK (in order to get a QWERTY layout). I mailed them asking would it be possible to post it back to the French office as postage to the UK is very expensive. They mailed back 15 minutes later saying unfortunatley it wasn't possible to do this but given how high the postage would be I should just keep the keyboard or donate it to charity and they'd refund me within three days. You can't argue with service like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

There were charges to my card that weren't mine, I went up to ulster bank and they quickly canceled my card, ordered me a new one and started to issue a refund. They were great help and much less hassle than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beene

Worst service - Castle Lighting Castleisland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

I previously e-mailed CPW head office sbout the atrocious customer service in this branch having been left standing there for 20 mins with a baby in a buggy giving out to me and not even eye contact from the 3 staff there at the time who were all working on one issue! Even someone to lok and say "be with you in a minute" would have helped but nothing. Really pissed me off.:mad:

I bought a phone there at Xmas, Samsung Galaxy Europa as a present. The store manager offered me a 10% discount on a memory card if I bought it there and then as a special offer because the phone didn't come with one. Xmas morning, guess what there is a memory card supplied with the phone.:mad: Surely the manager of the shop should be more in tune with his product range.

Called there over the weekend with a query about uopgrading a VF billpay and the lack of interest from the girl who spoke to us was incredible. She nearly bristled with disinterest when being asked what I would see as very basic questions. They didn't have the phone in stock, promised faithfully that we would get a call the following morning to confirm availability and surprise surprise, nothing.:mad:

Shocking customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

I better counteract the rant above.

SOme time ago in Tesco, Clonmel I bought a pack of razors, about €15 worth. Got them taken out of the security box and then somehow left them behind me. Called to the CS desk the following day and the nice lady there said nothing was left in to her but no problem, go grab another pack and off you go.:D

Fair play to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Was on to Eircom long time ago. Phone and BB package. Called them day I got connected (on the eircom phone) and said I did not have good BB speeds.
    They said they could not help because I had not been connected yet. Phone and BB would be connected in 3 days or so.

Said I was using the phone right now. They called me back 15mins(on my new eircom number) later to confirm with me that I was in fact not connected and will have service in 24 hours, then they could check the BB issue.
    I again said, "you are calling me now on my phone which is not connected", moment of silence, then hung up on me. Kinda had to laugh, moved provider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

jobs.ie

Don't even bother responding to emails.
    This level of ignorance is incredible.

Well done jobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7 psychnurse

Rant - AIB Internet Banking - have been an AIB customer for nearly 15 years, never had any trouble with my account - generally a good customer. I moved to Cyprus last year and still use my account... ring online banking every now and then and have been nothing but brilliant, and then on wednesday i go to the bank here to withdraw money and it tells me that i have reached my maximum amount of withdrawals so i try a different ATM and same thing happens so i get a bit worried because you can only take out 220 euro per day and I am wondering has someone managed to forge my card.... went to the ATM yesterday and same thing happens so i ring internet banking and get this ignorant f**k who tells me the address I gave him isnt the one on file... I said well it has to be because i confirm this exact address every time I speak with you and you have posted letters here... again he tells me that its not and i begin to lose my patients.... Eventually he realizes that i am right... so i ask him is there something wrong with my account that i cant withdraw any money and he says oh well we have changed our withdrawal limits for when you are abroad. To me this is fine as it is a fraud measure so i ask him was a letter sent out to customers to advise them, and he proceeds to ask me do i not realize how big their customer base is they dont have time to contact all their customers. He said to me 'well all the staff were briefed so we know you cant withdraw money'. I am not an AIB employee and i have a bank account with a foreign address, i would have thought it was more important to let the likes of me know how much i can and cannot withdraw. I then ask him how much i can withdraw and he tells me that i should just keep trying til i get money out as it will vary from ATM to ATM... At this stage i was fuming.. I dont care if they change their t&c's but let the customer know - especially the ones that it applies to... the guy was just so ignorant it was unbelievable!!! I worked in CC for a large company in ireland for a long time and we would have had a meeting with HR for a call like that!!! I still dont know how much i can and cannot withdraw from my account so I am just trying random numbers...

Rave - K International - Kevin was absolutely brilliant ion helping me ship our dog to cyprus last year... I didnt have to worry about anything and the price was very competitive... Have recommended him to several people since and would def use them again... Excellent customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

Eircom.....for repetedly adding extra charges to a special offer. Can't afford it anymore but can't afford to cancel it :(
    3 Broadband.....I cancelled my broadband cos I had no coverage in my house. They repetedly rang me and billed me. Every time I explained I was no longer a customer they said they just had to sen me one more bill....5 bills later they stopped. Also got several calls saying they were ringing their customers to see if they were happy with their service " I'M NOT YOUR CUSTOMER ANYMORE! LEAVE ME ALONE"
    Dell..... Rang six times to see if I wanted to extend a warranty on my PC. I told them no each time. The last time they rang they asked why I didn't want to extend it I said I couldn't afford it. "When can you afford it , we will ring then?" I said never. They hung up abruptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dell..... Rang six times to see if I wanted to extend a warranty on my PC. I told them no each time. The last time they rang they asked why I didn't want to extend it I said I couldn't afford it. "When can you afford it , we will ring then?" I said never. They hung up abruptly.

Very good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Decided to buy binoculars.

Paid for a pair by Laser from a store that has bargains :rolleyes:
    Waited for delivery allowing plenty of days before enquiring in which i then had to.
    They said there warehouse closed and will be refunded payment within 10 days which has also passed, doubt they would of ever told me about this unless i enquired about the item and funny feeling i won't be getting refunded.
    The website still seems to be operating online.

So off i go to another site based in the UK, done my research online and heard they are reputable.
    So i pick binoculars, proceed to give details of delivery etc and at last second i realised the specs of the binoculars were not what i required so i did not proceed to payment options to finalise the payment.
    Received a couple of automated e-mail replies about item being packaged and despatched and for whatever reason i did not reply as i did not pay for the item.

So last night i found a pair online that suited me, went ahead and paid for them on eBay from a shop in the UK.

This afternoon, postman calls with a box, surely it could not be them already :D
    It was the binoculars that i did not pay for with an unofficial looking invoice, he just sent them without payment as he had received my details before i backed out from paying.

Sent him an e-mail saying i did not want these along with the fact that i did not pay for them or attempt to contact them by phone to pay by credit card etc.
    He said they have some problems with people paying by credit card on the site and they send them anyway, sure i could go online again to that store ,order an expensive item, not pay online and just receive the item !

So now i have paid €30 euros to an irish store which i probably won't see again, have in my possesion a pair of binoculars that i do not want or did not pay for that i will probably have to post back at my expense and am expecting a pair that i paid €60 for :D

Costing me a fortune !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Some regular posters on the consumer issues forum may recall my thread about a faulty Sony laptop and my attempts to get a refund.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056132378

Nearly a month ago my boyfriend (who purchased the laptop) was told by The Sony Centre in Waterford (the one on the Cork Road) that the refund had been authorised by Sony but that it would take 10 workings days to process. Some posters on here advised me to go straight to the Small Claims Court but in fairness after 2 months of going back and forth what was 10 more days of a delay? The Sony Centre is about an hour drive from our house so on the 9th day (which was a Thursday) my boyfriend happened to be passing The Sony Centre so he called in just to see if the refund was in. He was told it would take 3 more days. So he called in again on the following Tuesday, still no refund, few more days blah blah blah. So my boyfriend called in again on Monday of this week and he told the guy in the shop, <SNIP>, that if the money wasn't in by Wednesday we would take it to the Small Claims Court. Lo and behold, boyfriend went in today and the refund wasn't there.

Since my boyfriend was told the refund had been authorised by Sony the person who manages The Sony Centre has refused to refund my boyfriend his money until Sony refund them their money. Now according to the shop they know the refund has been processed and they know the money is coming to them but they still refuse to give us our money until the money comes in from Sony.

The customer service we have received in there has been absolutely disgraceful. <SNIP> has been as helpful as possible but the person who runs the shop has been extremely unhelpful and has tried to scupper this whole process at every turn.

The manager has point blank refused to refund our money until he gets his money from Sony. What I understand of consumer law is that he is obliged to provide my boyfriend with the refund and then wait on his own refund from Sony.

According to <SNIP> they have three other cases pending with the Small Claims Court so that says a lot about their business.

I am posting this to warn people to stay away from this shop because of their customer service not just because they have handled my refund the way they have. Three other cases pending with the Small Claims Court speak volumes about how they treat their customers after they have taken their money off them.

Also, trekking in and out of The Sony Centre to check on the status of this refund has been a huge inconvenience to my boyfriend. He has been in there at least once a week since January. The Sony Centre didn't even have the courtesy to ring him and tell him that the refund had been delayed each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

derra wrote: »

So off i go to another site based in the UK, done my research online and heard they are reputable.
    So i pick binoculars, proceed to give details of delivery etc and at last second i realised the specs of the binoculars were not what i required so i did not proceed to payment options to finalise the payment.
    Received a couple of automated e-mail replies about item being packaged and despatched and for whatever reason i did not reply as i did not pay for the item.

So last night i found a pair online that suited me, went ahead and paid for them on eBay from a shop in the UK.

This afternoon, postman calls with a box, surely it could not be them already :D
    It was the binoculars that i did not pay for with an unofficial looking invoice, he just sent them without payment as he had received my details before i backed out from paying.

Sent him an e-mail saying i did not want these along with the fact that i did not pay for them or attempt to contact them by phone to pay by credit card etc.
    He said they have some problems with people paying by credit card on the site and they send them anyway, sure i could go online again to that store ,order an expensive item, not pay online and just receive the item !

these are unsolicited goods

under Irish law, you give them 30 days notice to collect them, after which they are legally yours

under Uk law, it would be a criminal offence for them to
    • Assert a right of payment for the goods.
    • Threaten to take legal action with regard the goods.
    • Threaten to Place the recipients name on a 'black-list'.
    • Invoke or threaten to invoke any collection procedure.

can't see them coming from UK to collect them (unless they have an Irish presence), so you are very likely to end up with a free pair of binoculars

fingers crossed that you get the Laser payment for the other lot refunded too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Vodafone store in Bray- very good service, explained everything, very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

these are unsolicited goods

under Irish law, you give them 30 days notice to collect them, after which they are legally yours

under Uk law, it would be a criminal offence for them to
    • Assert a right of payment for the goods.
    • Threaten to take legal action with regard the goods.
    • Threaten to Place the recipients name on a 'black-list'.
    • Invoke or threaten to invoke any collection procedure.

can't see them coming from UK to collect them (unless they have an Irish presence), so you are very likely to end up with a free pair of binoculars

fingers crossed that you get the Laser payment for the other lot refunded too

Cheers The Groutch,

Cheers for that information.
    Once i mentioned i will contact that the relevant consumer bureau in the UK about it i received no more replies.
    The last reply before that was just a" Try them out for few days, if you like them ,ring us to pay and if not ,just send them back "

No sign of the €30 in my account from the Irish company:mad:
    Well past the time i should of been refunded, might add a reply to an existing Bargain Alert thread about them as their website is still up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭InTouch

As the title suggests, this is part of the slogan of a well known established Irish store.
    I'm not looking for recognition as a customer because I have money etc, but common courtesy and the ability to be a representative of a company that holds a slogan so strongly through its advertising. Don't get me wrong, I know not everyone can be tarred , but seriously...

I have been in to this store on three occasions in the past year. On each occasion I have encountered staff who do not look customers in the eye, reach over and grab the money from your hands, barely say "thanks..." when they shove the money back at you and seem to all be burning up with resentment or just have a purely bad attitude.

So , if this is the difference, and how "good" of them to point it out, then I am disappointed, needless to say, I won't be returning.

Advertisement