Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

irishbird wrote: »
    O2 have now top my scale on the worse company in deal with - i have passed NTL by a mile

they are horrendous, i will be going out of my way to tell everyone to keep away from them

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭irbx

yesterday i was flying from paris to shannon 11:20 so arrive to CDG 2.5 hours before the flight.there was huge que for the check in for the dublin flight which depart 10.25.

the handling company swissport must be on huge commission. because there checking each piece of hand luggage for size and weight. there had only 2 desks open. @ 10 the handling agents decided to check in dublin only flight and only got the last one checked in 10.30.

we were quing to check in almost 1hour 45 mins and even then with them delaying the dublin flight. there were still checking everyone hand luggage.

in the que in front of me there was some passengers who started to complain the check in desk agents advised there will get the passengers arrested by the police!!! these passangers were just complaing but were not been abusive.

i payed €400 in feb for there flights including bags return for 2 people. i dont expect such a crap service. IF payed under €100 return which case before with same bags with ryanair. then okay but i never have to que 1 hours or more just to check in/drop bags.

i will not fly and will advised friends and family not to ever fly with aerlingus again. they charge nation carrier prices but use the ryanair model. i either play ryanair to be tried like cattle and get a good price or even if there little more expensive then aer lingus will fly air france going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

so can i get this right - your complaint is that your flight was late ? and you think staff were rude to some people (were you told you would be arrested or was this something that you think you heard someone say to another customer...could you have heard wrong ? or only heard part of the sentence)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Interestingly I flew CDG > DUB on Thursday and also found the check-in queues to be ridiculously long. Since then, other people have also shared similar experiences with me. Seems to be a bit of an endemic problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

More of a rant than anything. I visited Blanch hospital at the end of May. Received an invoice in the door last week and have been getting texts from a debt collector this week. I just called to find someone quite rude telling me how I had an outstanding payment with the hospital that had to be paid.

I am quite shocked that after one invice a little over a week ago there has been adebt collector on to me. :eek: I have never had to deal with a debt collector before, I was actually calling saying I thought they had the wrong person. What makes it more irritating is the hospital sent me home with a prescripton for pain, still swollen a week later I went to see someone else who found I had dislocated bones and a torn achilles tendon so pretty much I will be paying the hospital for sweet f a.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

What makes it more irritating is the hospital sent me home with a prescripton for pain.

See that's were the doctors went wrong, but good to hear the new government policy on pain working well, Prescription for Pain (sounds like you need Poirot).

Sorry and get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

Praise for Denon. Bought a 3 rack CS system of them a couple of years ago. The changer system broke down about six months in (covered by warranty)) Took it back to the shop and fixed it. A year later it broke down again - this time outside of warranty. I phoned them up and said that it was the same issue and even though outside of warranty, I did not believe it had been fixed satisfactorily. Lady agreed. She arranged to have it picked up from my workplace and then they phoned me up to say they had checked it thorouhgly and there was an inherent fault and I could either replace it or if I was just hacked off they would replace it with a brand new single drawer system. Which is what I went for, which was delivered three days later. Best customer service I have ever had. Would recomend them to anyone. (Oh and the sound quality on their gear is aces and eights as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Elmo wrote: »
    See that's were the doctors went wrong, but good to hear the new government policy on pain working well, Prescription for Pain (sounds like you need Poirot).

Sorry and get well soon.

Well better now thanks to seeing someone else, how a doctor can look at an x-ray and not realise bones are dislocated is beyond me, never mind the fact I sat there for 3 hours after the x-ray and had to hobble up to him as he was saying his goodbyes at the end of his shift and ask as to whether someone else would look at the x-ray for me.... He had forgotten about it, what do I get, a further week of pain that could have easily been prevented and a debt collection agency a week after the first invoice......... My hubbie reckons I should call the agency and offer to pay then a tenner a week just to be awkward since the whole scenario is so stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well better now thanks to seeing someone else, how a doctor can look at an x-ray and not realise bones are dislocated is beyond me, never mind the fact I sat there for 3 hours after the x-ray and had to hobble up to him as he was saying his goodbyes at the end of his shift and ask as to whether someone else would look at the x-ray for me.... He had forgotten about it, what do I get, a further week of pain that could have easily been prevented and a debt collection agency a week after the first invoice......... My hubbie reckons I should call the agency and offer to pay then a tenner a week just to be awkward since the whole scenario is so stupid!

Don't deal with the debt collection company at all, just pay the hospital.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 mickyp1984

Just had the worst experience with Dublin Property Management and a girl called Anne,

Organised to view an apartment at 18:45, didnt give me her phone number, was there on time standing outside the door for about 15 minutes noticed some girl sitting in a purple boy racer car and assumed it wasnt the real estate agent, thought maybe I was on the wrong side of the building so walked around to the other side. As I was coming back around I saw the girl in the boy racer car get out and walk into the apartment, waited for another 5 mins for her to come back out as I really wanted to see the apartment, then she tried to blame me, didnt even apologise for keeping me waiting and then I found out that she had lied on the advertisement about something essential to the apartment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vickim

I find Bord Gais completely unhelpful and difficult to deal with - they have no concept of providing a positive experience for their customers, which is why I've switched provider. Unfortunately I find, having lived abroad for some time, that in Ireland people accept that they are very unlikely to get good customer service from large companies i.e. phone companies, utility providers, banks etc. It's a PR and marketing nightmare - don't these companies want to build good rapport with their customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You have to hand it to UPC for the most in-effective customer service ever. Why do they bother providing it.

In March I signed up for online billing. I used a e-mail address that was too long for their system, so they couldn't send me the access number and I couldn't log on. I sent an e-mail asking them to de-register me from 'My UPC' so I can sign up

I send the e-mail, I get an automated reply saying they will look into it.

Then I get an e-mail saying:

Dear Ms. xxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxx,
    >
    > Thank you for your recent email and I sincerely apologize for all the
    > inconvenience caused.
    >
    > Please be advised that after reviewing your account I can confirm that your
    > account has already been restored from our end. I also wish to confirm that
    > your balance on the account is showing in credit of €xx.xx.
    >
    > Please confirm if you are able to use the service.
    >
    > I trust that this is to your satisfaction and thank you for your valued
    > custom.
    >
    > For more helpful information, please visit the Customer Support section of
    > our website.
    >

> If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to
    >
    > contact us.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > xxxxx
    >
    > UPC Customer Care

So I email them back saying, no I still can't access the site, please de-register me.

And It all starts all over again.

This has now happened 4 times, same thing over and over.

Everytime I e-mail them I ask them to read all the e-mails in sequence to see that what they are doing is not working.

I have called the 3 times, the last time was today, I waited 16 mins and gave up.

I only have broadband from them so it is the cheapest option where I live.

Buy whey would a company bother paying their staff to provide such a useless support service?

Funny thing is I can't log on to My UPC and just ask for paper billing!!

I'll call them again tomorrow.

double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You have to hand it to UPC for the most in-effective customer service ever. Why do they bother providing it.

In March I signed up for online billing. I used a e-mail address that was too long for their system, so they couldn't send me the access number and I couldn't log on. I sent an e-mail asking them to de-register me from 'My UPC' so I can sign up

I send the e-mail, I get an automated reply saying they will look into it.

Then I get an e-mail saying:

Dear Ms. xxxxxxxx x xxxxxxxx,
    >
    > Thank you for your recent email and I sincerely apologize for all the
    > inconvenience caused.
    >
    > Please be advised that after reviewing your account I can confirm that your
    > account has already been restored from our end. I also wish to confirm that
    > your balance on the account is showing in credit of €xx.xx.
    >
    > Please confirm if you are able to use the service.
    >
    > I trust that this is to your satisfaction and thank you for your valued
    > custom.
    >
    > For more helpful information, please visit the Customer Support section of
    > our website.
    >

> If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to
    >
    > contact us.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > xxxxx
    >
    > UPC Customer Care

So I email them back saying, no I still can't access the site, please de-register me.

And It all starts all over again.

This has now happened 4 times, same thing over and over.

Everytime I e-mail them I ask them to read all the e-mails in sequence to see that what they are doing is not working.

I have called the 3 times, the last time was today, I waited 16 mins and gave up.

I only have broadband from them so it is the cheapest option where I live.

Buy whey would a company bother paying their staff to provide such a useless support service?

Funny thing is I can't log on to My UPC and just ask for paper billing!!

I'll call them again tomorrow.

You can ask them for paper billing on the phone, but they do charge for it!

I know but I can't get through to them, well with in 20mins......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Samsung customer care are a complete joke from my experience.

I bought an all-in-one PC in early November 2010 and within a month I had to send it back to Samsung due to a faulty hard drive. I explained to them I was in a rush for my product that I spent 800e on a month previously due to a thesis that had to be done. A month later I got my PC back after constant ringing and been giving the brush around.

Low and behold, my cd drive went a month ago, and now Samsung has had my PC for another 3 weeks and yet I get the same bull****e from their customer service.

That's 7 weeks without my PC with another week for it to be sent back.

I will never buy another Samsung product after all of this.

I've requested a new product as I fell it's a faulty machine but they will not accept, do I have any comeback because I have lost complete faith in the machine. Its a U250 if anyone has one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Beanflicker I think you should ask them to give you an extended warranty (in writing) considering you have been left (twice) so long without your PC & the fact that its not too long til the end of the warranty.

Beanflicker I think you should ask them to give you an extended warranty (in writing) considering you have been left (twice) so long without your PC & the fact that its not too long til the end of the warranty.

I got the 3 year extended warranty when I bought the PC caprilicious but yea I'll definitely be demanding that they extend that again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Paper billing is free,.no charge for it, the phones are busy as hell at the moment because people are stupid and don't understand the simplest of letters or ring in asking why they were suspended despite not paying their bills.

If people ring in with a good attitude and listen, but if they start off with a bad attitude then it does get hard to explain things to people because their not listening, that goes for all customer service jobs I've had.

Got the same answer again from UPC on e-mail. I'll get my sister to call them, from her land line.

Just in case anyone else is signing up to My UPC your e-mail address must not be longer than 19 digits long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 hoyden

Hello

We have a Bosch dryer, 2 plus years old, that recently started making a worrisome clunking noise and not drying stuff properly.

We hadn't bothered registering for any automatic warranty or anything but on the phone they said 'we'll see what we can do'. Phone support experience was pleasant and efficient as these things go.

They sent an engineer out a couple of days later. He phoned ahead and turned up when he said he would. His verdict was, it's knackered. Metal fatigue on the drum which apparently is unusual but not unheard of.

And again his attitude was 'ah we'll see what we can do' re date of purchase and the like.

The next morning a delivery company knocks on the door with a brand new dryer. Turn around time of approx. 18 hours.

Commendations to Bosch. Every part of this support experience was pretty much faultless. :) Recommended.

Just in case it needs to be explictly stated. I have zero connection with Bosch the company and am an ordinary man-in-the-street customer, nothing special in any way.

Got the same answer again from UPC on e-mail. I'll get my sister to call them, from her land line.

Just in case anyone else is signing up to My UPC your e-mail address must not be longer than 19 digits long!

Wahooo, got a call this morning from UPC and got the MyUPC working again, finally.

Good thing I'm in credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Wahooo, got a call this morning from UPC and got the MyUPC working again, finally.
    I hate the fact that they force you to use a user-id to login to MyUPC. I can never remember mine, so I have to go digging out the registration email every time I want to use it. Why not just allow email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Golfer999999

When I end up having an argument with some company or another for not doing their job I often end up thinking why is it so hard for companies just to do the right thing, why do they make me go through such lengths just to get something sorted that should have been correct in the first place.

Anyway a few months ago I bought something quite expensive from www.deals4U.co.uk. They are based in the north And have free delivery to the whole island, there was a problem (biggish) with the item I bought and the guys in deals4u have been really easy to deal with and everything sorted with the absolute minimum of fuss

So this is a big thanks, from me, to them for being a really great company.

Its just a shame there are so few other examples

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

UPC suck monkeybutt...

I called them yesterday to have my account reactivated since i was in arrear (spelling)
    I call them, and after numerous attempts ("-here at upc we like to keep it simple" Yeah right) to get through to billing they manage to fumble up my payment made through my mastercard. System crash they claimed. "-But not to worry, i'm sure the system registered it." Get a a callback 30 mins later stating that it hadn't. I checked my bankaccount, and the money set aside for the bill had been withdrawn. So i had no more money to pay with.

I call back later to see the status. "-Nope. Nothing registered. Call (highly audible jawn) billingdepartment tomorrow after 9am and you can try with another card."

I call... and? "-I'm sorry. But our billingdepartment is undertaking training, and we cannot take your call at the moment."

WTH!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

Good Customer Service- Camera Repairs Dame Street-
    Hi all, just thought I would share my experience. I broke a small latch on my camera which got lodged in the memory stick compartment...(how I will never know!!!) but brought it into Camera Repairs on Dame Street. The guy who works there (I think its just the one guy) was so friendly and nice, fixed it in one day and also fixed some external damage to the outside of the camera at no extra cost. Really nice guy, really good service.

Samsung customer care are a complete joke from my experience.

I bought an all-in-one PC in early November 2010 and within a month I had to send it back to Samsung due to a faulty hard drive. I explained to them I was in a rush for my product that I spent 800e on a month previously due to a thesis that had to be done. A month later I got my PC back after constant ringing and been giving the brush around.

Low and behold, my cd drive went a month ago, and now Samsung has had my PC for another 3 weeks and yet I get the same bull****e from their customer service.

That's 7 weeks without my PC with another week for it to be sent back.

I will never buy another Samsung product after all of this.

I've requested a new product as I fell it's a faulty machine but they will not accept, do I have any comeback because I have lost complete faith in the machine. Its a U250 if anyone has one

Just a quick update on this, with a happy ending :)

Rang Samsung thursday the 4th of Aug about my PC, same crap from them and very unhelpful, said I should have it the following week. The following week still no sign of my PC, now been 5 weeks away.

So went to Harvey Normans today, where I purchased it, and in the end I brought home an Acer Predator with a 24' LG screen at no extra cost and a bring grin on my face like this -> :D

Fair play to Harvey Normans, no hassle from them but like I said previously Samsung are ****e :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I stayed here 2 weeks ago with a family member. Twin room, b+b with dinner one evening. Price was very reasonable for b+b. Dinner was a tad overpriced for what it was but dessert was delicious. It was the service, warmth and the friendliness of the staff that made the trip for us though. Seriously..it costs nothing to give a smile or ask someone how they are and we really appreciated it! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 glitterbug

mickyp1984 wrote: »
    Just had the worst experience with Dublin Property Management and a girl called Anne,

Organised to view an apartment at 18:45, didnt give me her phone number, was there on time standing outside the door for about 15 minutes noticed some girl sitting in a purple boy racer car and assumed it wasnt the real estate agent, thought maybe I was on the wrong side of the building so walked around to the other side. As I was coming back around I saw the girl in the boy racer car get out and walk into the apartment, waited for another 5 mins for her to come back out as I really wanted to see the apartment, then she tried to blame me, didnt even apologise for keeping me waiting and then I found out that she had lied on the advertisement about something essential to the apartment.

unfortunately we didn't get to see their true colours until after we had handed over our deposit, and have had nothing but trouble with them. As you said they lied about things essential to the apartment, didn't fix things that were broken, i could go on and on but in every dealing we had during our year with them they were rude and unprofessional and i was always so angry and fustrated after speaking with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

glitterbug wrote: »
    unfortunately we didn't get to see their true colours until after we had handed over our deposit, and have had nothing but trouble with them. As you said they lied about things essential to the apartment, didn't fix things that were broken, i could go on and on but in every dealing we had during our year with them they were rude and unprofessional and i was always so angry and fustrated after speaking with them.

I deal with them through my job, ignorant and unhelpful, every bit of information we need to register an acc they know full well, but still need to put me on hold every time :rolleyes:

Advertisement