Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭emer12

ntl have to be the worse im afraid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Permanent TSB - Always feel very comfortable ringing them or going into them. Staff are friendly and helpful and are very understanding when its your first time doing something!

Apple - Accidentely bought an album twice on itunes. Emailed them, got an email back the next day saying they would refund it. Which doesnt seem like a big deal but it was my fault for downloading it twice, and im sure some companies would say so!

Meteor - I had changed my price plan to free texts and internet. then when i texted people i was being charged and used my €20 credit in a day without realising! Rang them, got through in a few minutes, explained the situation. She said she needed to speak to her manager so put me on hold. About a minute later she comes back on saying they will refund my €20 within 48 hours. I got it less than half an hour later!

EDIT: I forgot Halfords. My dad bought a power hose in Halfords in Kilkenny while on holidays. Over a year later a part of it broke off when the machine fell over (i pulled the hose too hard lol). He brought it back to one in Dublin, with no receipt and the warranty expired, and they said leave it with us. Couple of days later we were called in to collect our brand new machine :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'd like to nominate MemoryC in Celbridge- for a customer service award- they're an online retailor of memory for computers, usb drives and all sorts of other IT goodies- and are just lovely to deal with. Its great that they're an Irish company- however this doesn't mean they're more expensive than competitors- more often than not they're far and away the best value.

I'd also like to nominate Marx Computers over at Marino Cross on the Northside. I've been dealing with them for years- well over a decade actually, and the extra mile they've gone- such as tracking down specific components in Germany and the Netherlands when I was building my last PC (I really badly wanted a Thermaltake Armour case- and it wasn't sold in Ireland or the UK at the time). Thankyou Martin and Rosemary.

We do have really really decent homegrown companies here- who have customer service the envy of any you'll find elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Permanent TSB - Always feel very comfortable ringing them or going into them. Staff are friendly and helpful and are very understanding when its your first time doing something!

Second this. Signed up with them about a month ago after moving back to Ireland and they are proper old-school good banking. Very friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Second this. Signed up with them about a month ago after moving back to Ireland and they are proper old-school good banking. Very friendly.

im thirding this.

but also ulster bank, rang them up as im after forgetting my pin, and the person on the phone couldnt have been nicer and more helpful, and advised i could go to ANY branch with id and withdraw money if i needed to, cuz my branch doesnt open sat, wish i could remember her name

• Advertisement

booboo88 wrote: »

im thirding this.

but also ulster bank, rang them up as im after forgetting my pin, and the person on the phone couldnt have been nicer and more helpful, and advised i could go to ANY branch with id and withdraw money if i needed to, cuz my branch doesnt open sat, wish i could remember her name

My worse has to be Harvey Normans went to buy a laptop and had 500 euro to spend asked for help off assistant Told me I'm busy --- guess what he was doing ? On the phone talking Abt last night he was out Omg i wanted to slap him -- went next door to power city and got the best deal ever :) Irish companies the best

emer12 wrote: »
    My worse has to be Harvey Normans went to buy a laptop and had 500 euro to spend asked for help off assistant Told me I'm busy --- guess what he was doing ? On the phone talking Abt last night he was out Omg i wanted to slap him -- went next door to power city and got the best deal ever :) Irish companies the best

thats just down right unacceptable, if i were you i'd make a complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

only bad thing about Power City is if anything should go wrong with your laptop your on your own , i think PC are in here on a few posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

ntl have to be the worse im afraid :(

Why? and is it still the case for UPC?

almanu wrote: »

only bad thing about Power City is if anything should go wrong with your laptop your on your own , i think PC are in here on a few posts.

Well I agree there so far had no problems touch wood :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Vodafone on Boards.

Terrible service, I started a thread about a locked SIM, was told the SIM could be used it I topped it up, so I went and bought a top up but couldn't put it in the phone because I couldn't ring 1741 to enter the top up voucher code.

PM'd two Vodafone staff members on Boards, neither of which were any help. I am still waiting for one of them to reply to a PM I sent and somehow doubt I'll get a reply.

Terrible service, won't be using Vodafone again. Will stick to 02 from now on.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    NTL are fúcking dreadful. Shower of Bastards Ted.
    Lol I have to say ,you sumed it up in 6 words ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Least u could get hold of them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Did anyone else book the cookery classes and have to deal with that woman on the phone? I'm still in shock, customer service my eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

No, but I was going to book the cookery course (ran out of time cos I forgot!) - tell me more :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Mom rang and was actually traumatised after the call, such a rude manner and failed to answer the question being asked. I wonder can you complain about such a bad service.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

I have had the dubious pleasure of dealings with that person before and when I saw it who was doing the cookery classes, I avoided them like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I wonder can you complain about such a bad service.
    This seems to be an issue for the Consumer Issues forum.
    Of course first course of action is to speak to the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

aw wrote: »
    I have had the dubious pleasure of dealings with that person before and when I saw it who was doing the cookery classes, I avoided them like the plague.

any chance of some name dropping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the Best/Worst Customer Service thread, as I don't actually see any Consumer Issue here.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

Senna wrote: »
    In my experience the worst are;

2.Dell. Complete morons, lost my order, i reordered, they canceled my order, they couldn't tell me way.

Dont agree at all. They helped me to fix problem with my pc on a phone in 10 minutes and they have send new printer next day after I called and told them mine doesnt work.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

Has anyone taken the Penneys online customer experience survey yet and won anything? I've done it twice but haven't won any money yet

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

RANT:
    Powercity
    Bought a dishwasher worked once and then decided it wouldn't.
    Powercity claim to have a 48 hour callout service to repair.
    Rang Monday callback Friday
    "we'll be calling out on Monday to fix the dishwasher"

Does that sound like 48 hrs

Tesco Wilton

Check out girl, for the whole time decided she was more interested in talking about drunk she was at a party than actually doing her job.

I also retract my last statement about ulster bank, ordered new pin and card on 17th, rang them friday 26th to be told I actually had to go into the branch.

went in on sat morning to a different branch and she said there was no record of ANY card being ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Kudos to Ryanair.

Booked a couple of flights (well, my dad did for me!) and the eejit spelled my boyfriend's name wrong.

Rang up the next day, expecting a charge to have to have it changed but they were as nice as anything, immediately fixed it and emailed new copies of the itinerary and such and didn't charge. Never experienced good service from them before this but they were absolutely lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

Hi guys,

I would like to share my experience today in Power City.
    seven days ago I bought a TV/Monitor, the first day I used I noticed a beep coming from the TV every now and then, I sent an email to powercity and they advised me to call the technical support for toshiba, well they weren't aware about this issue. I turned on the TV by itself without any other device connected to it and there was the same noise.

I bought this TV today to the shop, the salesman pretended to do some troubleshooting by plugging the TV to a laptop and playing the Man united match then music despite the fact that I told him that he needs a quiet place to hear the beep.

The bottom line is that I wasted 30min with him, no reel troubleshooting was done, I have been that there is nothing he can do about it and when I told him that Im within my rights and that I won't move from here until my tv is either exchanged or refunded he threatened me and he told me word by word that he'll get me physically removed ( which means by force obviously ).

if this is the type of customer service that he get from buying in a place like power city I don't want to have anything to do with them.

has any of you experienced something similar? what is the best solution to get a refund? and finally have you ever been in the small claim court for a similar issue?

Thanks for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭BnB

I bought an iPhone docking station as a present for my wife 3 months ago in Maplin and last week it stopped working. I was mighty peeded off as it was quite expensive.

Of course being a disorganised twat, I couldn't find the receipt.

So I went into Maplin in Limerick today with the Radio under me oxter and ready for a battle. The conversation went something like this.

"I bought this here 3 months ago and it stopped working last week"

"Do you have a receipt ?"

"No, but I know the date I bought it."

"That's fine. I can see it on the system there. Do you want a replacement ?

"Yes please"

"There you go."

I was very pleasantly surprised. I would have been happy to just get past the no-receipt issue. And have to leave it with them and they send it back to the manufacturer etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Centra mountain top in Letterkenny

I silly was rushing to a job interview, filled up car with petrol and went to the deli for some brekkie, when I got to the till, I realised I had forgot my bank cards at home. The lovely gentleman allowed me to go on to my interview and return later with the money

A true gent :)

• Advertisement

aw wrote: »

any chance of some name dropping?

Lol I'd like to know too ......

Advertisement