Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭emer12

aw wrote: »

Thanks. , I've never heard of her ! Or it's school looks nice though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Good
    I'd like to commend kennys bookshop. I've been looking for a particular book for years in vain and they had it. I ordered it on saturday from there website and it arrived today. Great service from an Irish company and i'll use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Thought it would be nice to share a great customer experience I had with Power City (makes a change for Consumer Issues!).

I bought a washer/dryer on Littlewoods, thinking it would be delivered in 4 days, but only realized after I paid it would take 3 weeks to deliver (this was not clear at the time of buying), so I cancelled on Monday 5th, the day after I bought it. Still not entirely sure if its cancelled - I was told "it might turn up, just refuse it".

So Monday 3pm I called Power City about a washer/dryer I saw at a good price and the guy there, John, took my order over the phone, booked the delivery, gave me a transaction number for the website, and I paid with PayPal on the web. I got a callback about an hour later confirming the delivery for the next day, and I said I'd like installation too, and that was no problem - just give the delivery guy €40 and he'd sort it.

Cut to 12.30 the next afternoon - washer/dryer in place, lovely installation job done, old washer/dryer taken away also - couldn't be happier.

I'm not affiliated with Power City, just happy with the service - such a sharp contrast with the **** service Littlewoods gave me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just pray nothing goes wrong with it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Sky.

I can't get over the absolute shambles of a company this is.

They owe me 840e that I've been fighting for for about 3 months no non stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Zara in Swords. We were buying a present for a baby and the girl in the kids section approached us and offered to bring out some things that weren't on the shop floor so that we had a better choice. When we went to pay both girls at the till were chatty and helpful. This is in complete contrast to some of the surly girls in Zara in Blanch who wouldn't crack a smile if they were paid to. (Which they are!)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Fatcheese.

Unresponsive for the last 6 weeks when I contact them.
    Happy to take referral fees but not to pay out on them as promised or to even bother to respond when contacted in regard to it.

Useless. Ignorant. To be avoided - Fatcheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Fatcheese.

Happy to take referral fees but not to pay out on them as promised or to even bother to respond when contacted in regard to it.

I thought it was just me :eek:

booboo88 wrote: »

Doesn't bode well. I'm sure they'll keep taking the referral fees though.
    Pass on the word imo.

They have time to delete my comment on their facebook page but not to respond or pay out.

• Advertisement

booboo88 wrote: »
    Fatcheese.

What's fatcheese ??

It's a website.
    They've banned me off their facebook page now. Least they could do is explain why they aren't paying out or responding to emails, it's been months of non response at this stage.

It's a website.
    They've banned me off their facebook page now. Least they could do is explain why they aren't paying out or responding to emails, it's been months of non response at this stage.

Well thanks thats one to stay away from :)

It's a website.

Yes I put in a claim back in july, still not even an update. But may have a gander at their facebook now

on other news. I received post from China faster than Ulster bank take to send out a card. 3 weeks now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

After about 3 month of me ringing almost everyday Sky have refunded me the 840e they owe me.

I still hate them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

After about 3 month of me ringing almost everyday Sky have refunded me the 840e they owe me.

I still hate them.

Eircon (as I call them) still owe me hundreds (I don't even know how much), 7-8 years later. I actually find making voodoo dolls of their customer service staff and inserting needles into them therapeutic, and strangely calming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

AA insurance, virtually impossible to get customer services. My missus had a little tip in the car today and I've been ringing their "24 hour" helpline ever since.
    They don't even have voicemail, the tone goes from ringing to engaged after about ten rings. On the one occasion I did get through to customer services, some months ago, I was told they were very busy and would ring back in 20 mins, still waiting!!!. I know where I won't be buying insurance next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

bmaxi wrote: »
    AA insurance, virtually impossible to get customer services.
    For sure.

I had my car policy with them in 2008 and they were impossible to get hold of on the 'phone, even when trying to renew. Yet every year I get about half-a-dozen regular mails from them asking me to renew. It's like a company run solely by a computerised CRM system.

I switched to Tesco and have been very happy with them ever since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 248 ✭✭I love Joan Burton

They are screwing me around badly at the moment, i will let you know more when its resolved, but it the mean time, has anyone else found their service to be piss poor or is it just me? By the way this concerns an online purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you're not going to give more details, then I will merge this into the Best/Worst Customer Service thread.

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    If you're not going to give more details, then I will merge this into the Best/Worst Customer Service thread.

dudara

I will give every single detail of my experience once its all complete and can give an overall view on them, but to tell you the truth theyve been shoite so far, absolutely poor, cheeky and arrogant on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

bmaxi wrote: »
    AA insurance, virtually impossible to get customer services. My missus had a little tip in the car today and I've been ringing their "24 hour" helpline ever since.
    They don't even have voicemail, the tone goes from ringing to engaged after about ten rings. On the one occasion I did get through to customer services, some months ago, I was told they were very busy and would ring back in 20 mins, still waiting!!!. I know where I won't be buying insurance next time.

016179000 will put you through to switch board and then ask for insurance customer care, you'll get straight through most times.

Doesn't bode well. I'm sure they'll keep taking the referral fees though.
    Pass on the word imo.

They have time to delete my comment on their facebook page but not to respond or pay out.

Im sure whether or not its me being paranoid, but im after getting 3 out of 6 cash backs, still waiting for an update on july one :rolleyes:

helpus wrote: »
    that is a good idea can anyone out help me do that?
    Omg that's a shocker I' really think you should ring the omnibus man and explain your situation , I don't think setting up a face book page is a good idea as until proven guilty , he could have you done for defamation

So first thing do is ring citizens advice -- get no help next stop omnibus man !! There number is in phone book ,

Sorry to hear what has happened but there are lots of scanners out there. Keep us posted , best of luck :) to your family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 helpus

emer12 wrote: »
    Omg that's a shocker I' really think you should ring the omnibus man and explain your situation , I don't think setting up a face book page is a good idea as until proven guilty , he could have you done for defamation

So first thing do is ring citizens advice -- get no help next stop omnibus man !! There number is in phone book ,

Sorry to hear what has happened but there are lots of scanners out there. Keep us posted , best of luck :) to your family

We have been there and one that all of it!!! But after legal advice we have 'defence of truth' so if we stick to truth which we have then it ok. We can also give an opinion...that legal as it a free country...well so they say:confused: so this is my very uncomputer person attempt to at least try

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you have a case going to court, then publishing information on the internet could prejudice your case. I would advise you not to proceed any further with this idea.

dudara wrote: »
    If you have a case going to court, then publishing information on the internet could prejudice your case. I would advise you not to proceed any further with this idea.

That's what I was trying to say hope you got through to her , Its shocking to think this happens :)

• Advertisement

FNAC.com

Great bunch of lads! Cant praise them anymore, if only Irish firms would take a leaf out of their book!

Advertisement