Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

FNAC.com

Great bunch of lads! Cant praise them anymore, if only Irish firms would take a leaf out of their book!

I know, it's feels strange praising someone French

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭emer12

FNAC.com

Great bunch of lads! Cant praise them anymore, if only Irish firms would take a leaf out of their book!

I know, it's feels strange praising someone French

Lol don't understand French what do they do ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

FNAC.com

if only pixmania took a leaf out of their book :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 helpus

emer12 wrote: »
    That's what I was trying to say hope you got through to her , Its shocking to think this happens :)

Thanks for your comments. But two things, this is a civil case so no come back there. 2nd my husband could get too ill or die before this is resolved at the rate things are going. In this country there is no credit rating as such, so even when you get the judgement getting the money is quite a different matter unless you have plenty of money. So in other words justice is only for those who can access it, ie have money, or well placed friends . this is a travesty. anyway let him sue, after all what is his defence?, he cant use 'liar liar pants on fire' as everything is true. it would be interesting to see what a judge would say to him.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Praise for the Meteor shop in Northside, Coolock.

My phone (three weeks old) decided to act strange and die on me today. I brought it into the Meteor shop on the way home and they exchanged it immediately for the same model, no questions asked. Really nice about it too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just had a fab customer service experience with Dan from their helpdesk. Was very prompt with the responses and was able to answer my query quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

Fastway,
    I sent 5 packages to UK, they lost 1, broke 2 and refuse to pay the damage! leaving me -€600!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ordered from www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk to save a few € on a figurine my brother wanted. I usually order from Amazon and it arrives within just over a week, but it cost more from their site.

Gave me no details when I placed the order other than the price and that was order was placed.
    Waited a week. Still nothing.
    Sent off a pissed off message to their site saying give me an update and when its being sent or I want my money back.
    The next day I get an email saying that is has been shipped, coincidentally the day I sent them a message.
    Another week and nothing. Second message sent results in me being told its in transit.

Finally then, 4 weeks after placing an order for an item that was in stock, I recieve the package. Never ordering from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tequilasst13

In the last week I have had the misfortune of dealing with....

Aviva - By far the worst service I have encountered in my life. They do not have a clue!!! I made an official complaint to them on Monday about their misleading communications, being screwed over on two occasions with car and health insurance, their inability to give me a straight answer and finally, when I was venting my frustrations, "the line got disconnected" - likely story. My official complaint - logged on Monday morning and I still await resolution!! I have cancelled every policy with them as has my husband.

Calor Gas - My previous tenant leaves me with a gas bill (my own fault that I allowed the bills to come c/o of me) but I now have to pay them €600. I ring them to say that I will pay in weekly installments to which they agree and assure me that the supply will remain intact. A young family move into my house and suddenly no gas supply! I ring them and they advise that I must pay 600 + 120 reconnection fee. I try to reason - let me pay the 120 and I will pay the rest as per the agreement. They finally agree after my husband speaks to them and 4 days later they send an engineer. Shocking!!

Sky - One would think that ordering a box office movie would be a simple exercise - think again. I wanted to watch "Limitless" - ironic really as there was no limit to the number of times I had to call back as the movie had not started. I originally wanted to watch the movie at 9pm and they eventually managed to get it right by 11pm. Awful!

I head up a CS department for an online company and I understand how frustrating it can be for customers ringing a call centre to try to resolve their issues - I am absolutely confident that I would never let any of the above happen! Shame on Aviva, Calor and Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Petermark in market cross, Kilkenny

Rang at lunch time today & they managed to fit me in for an afternoon appointment.
    Staff were lovely & friendly, the stylist I dealt with was very knowledgeable and gave excellent advice on what style to go for.

Result me leaving feeling like a new woman :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 michellegalway

Absolute disgrace of a business! Brought an ipod touch in for repair as home button had stopped working, I was told it would cost fifty euro, then I got a phone call a few days later saying they needed to do something else and it would cost 65euro. I said that was ok and a week later I was told it was ready. I was in a hurry to collect in so I went in checked the home button, that was work and I left. Later that day I took off the cover only to find the screen hadn't been attached back to phone on one side!!!!!!!!!!!! I brought it straight back in to which the guy said 'there's nothing wrong with it' which then changed to 'you brought it in like that' I tried to explain to him that this was crazy, and eventually he agreed to take it back. I got a text the next day saying it was ready and went it to collect only to be told they hadn't even touched it! That the guy 'wasn't going to fix it for free' and I would have to pay 50 euro to repair the housing that was bent! I said it was funny how yesterday that's the way it's suppose to be and now it's broken! and everything they were saying they were going back on later. I told him this was an absolute disgrace that they think it's ok to run a business like this. you can NOT had people back a phone in two parts and expect them to pay to fix it!!! so he kept it for another week and having heard nothing i went in to see, they gave me back my ipod touch with A BIT OF SUPERGLUE!!! ON THE SIDE OF IT!!! I got quite upset at this point and told them I would contact consumer rights. They told me they will now fix it 'properly' and it should be ready later today.... so we'll see....
    MY advice would be to avoid the place at all costs...........

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭barrmur

Absolute disgrace of a business! Brought an ipod touch in for repair as home button had stopped working, I was told it would cost fifty euro, then I got a phone call a few days later saying they needed to do something else and it would cost 65euro. I said that was ok and a week later I was told it was ready. I was in a hurry to collect in so I went in checked the home button, that was work and I left. Later that day I took off the cover only to find the screen hadn't been attached back to phone on one side!!!!!!!!!!!! I brought it straight back in to which the guy said 'there's nothing wrong with it' which then changed to 'you brought it in like that' I tried to explain to him that this was crazy, and eventually he agreed to take it back. I got a text the next day saying it was ready and went it to collect only to be told they hadn't even touched it! That the guy 'wasn't going to fix it for free' and I would have to pay 50 euro to repair the housing that was bent! I said it was funny how yesterday that's the way it's suppose to be and now it's broken! and everything they were saying they were going back on later. I told him this was an absolute disgrace that they think it's ok to run a business like this. you can NOT had people back a phone in two parts and expect them to pay to fix it!!! so he kept it for another week and having heard nothing i went in to see, they gave me back my ipod touch with A BIT OF SUPERGLUE!!! ON THE SIDE OF IT!!! I got quite upset at this point and told them I would contact consumer rights. They told me they will now fix it 'properly' and it should be ready later today.... so we'll see....

Don't forget to tell us which shop Michelle!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

barrmur wrote: »
    Don't forget to tell us which shop Michelle!!

I'm guessing the one in the subject line: Electronic partners, Eglington Street Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

People on mobile dont see the subject line.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭barrmur

People on mobile dont see the subject line.

True that, apologies. Will check the laptop next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In fairness, the best thing to do with Apple products is to go via Apple themselves, or one of their partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Amazon.com/DHL

Ordered a Kindle on Amazon.com last wed evening, delivered to my door on friday 1.35pm. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dudara wrote: »
    In fairness, the best thing to do with Apple products is to go via Apple themselves, or one of their partners.

Big + to this advice. Bringing an Apple device back to anywhere other than an authorised repair outlet (or Apple themselves) voids the warranty, never mind anything else. Loads of places sell Apple products- it doesn't mean they have the competence to repair them..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Amazon.com/DHL

Ordered a Kindle on Amazon.com last wed evening, delivered to my door on friday 1.35pm. :D

Even better is Gamestop.ie
    Preordered a game at about 11am on a tuesday, arrived half nine the next morning, two days before the official release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭SOCOM

Have an iPhone 4 with 3, working fine until the 14 day cooling off period expired, now I have to keep changing network settings in order to reset the 3G reception, emailed 3 on their boards forum, got a request to send my google maps cooridinates so they could check out the signal in my area, then spent nearly three weeks emailing them for an answer, which finally arrived last week and surprise surprise the signal strength in my area is 100% perfect!! So I must be making this up? My partner on an iPhone 3GS with a 3 prepay sim has exactly the same problem.
    Their solution was for me to keep a journal and record every incident regarding my problem, they also told me I could not break my contract, which I never said I wanted, all I want is the service I am paying for so now it's up to me to prove to them that a problem exists!!! FFS!

So I am asking for anyone on a 3 bill pay iPhone 4 that is having issues with 3G reception specifically in the Louth area to let me know. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

SOCOM wrote: »
    Have an iPhone 4 with 3, working fine until the 14 day cooling off period expired, now I have to keep changing network settings in order to reset the 3G reception, emailed 3 on their boards forum, got a request to send my google maps cooridinates so they could check out the signal in my area, then spent nearly three weeks emailing them for an answer, which finally arrived last week and surprise surprise the signal strength in my area is 100% perfect!! So I must be making this up? My partner on an iPhone 3GS with a 3 prepay sim has exactly the same problem.
    Their solution was for me to keep a journal and record every incident regarding my problem, they also told me I could not break my contract, which I never said I wanted, all I want is the service I am paying for so now it's up to me to prove to them that a problem exists!!! FFS!

So I am asking for anyone on a 3 bill pay iPhone 4 that is having issues with 3G reception specifically in the Louth area to let me know. Thanks

Same with me. It's just the 3G coverage is not as good in some places. The overall phone reception is perfect. You sometimes have to change the settings to get a better 3G signal in some area's. Pain in the backside at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

Praise for Allianz Direct. Been with them for years, great to deal with.

Caveat: We've never actually had to make a claim, so in thet sense they haven't been fully tested.

Stork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Rant: 123.ie took 2 months to post me a letter saying that in my two years with them, I never had an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Our green bin gets picked up by Greyhound every other Thursday. Last week they missed ours (our house is on a corner where the truck's routes join/split.) It's only the second time in 5 years or so this has happened, but the bin was crammed so I sent them a friendly e-mail to inform them of this oversight. No bitchin' or moanin' or threatin', just a "please note ...." kind of message without expecting anything to be honest.

Yesterday they replied, asked for my address, and requested that I put my bin out today (Tuesday) for collection, which I did, and they came round and emptied it!

How's that for customer service?

Kudos to Greyhound, and to Barbara!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

SOCOM wrote: »

This is a pretty well known issue with 3 and the iPhone 4. There have been a fair few threads on it in the 3 forum and the Apple forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Vodafone. As long as I live I'll NEVER go back to them. Their customer service is appalling - four days to reply to an e-mail that THEY ASKED FOR, and what I can only describe as the most ignorant woman in the world refused to give me my unlocking code (got it anyway, HA). Horrible company, horrible staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Forgot to say - am hugely impressed with ASOS.com. Placed an order on Tuesday afternoon and I received it yesterday (Friday). Fantastic service considering they don't charge for delivery from the UK. Well done ASOS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Our green bin gets picked up by Greyhound every other Thursday. Last week they missed ours (our house is on a corner where the truck's routes join/split.) It's only the second time in 5 years or so this has happened, but the bin was crammed so I sent them a friendly e-mail to inform them of this oversight. No bitchin' or moanin' or threatin', just a "please note ...." kind of message without expecting anything to be honest.

Yesterday they replied, asked for my address, and requested that I put my bin out today (Tuesday) for collection, which I did, and they came round and emptied it!

How's that for customer service?

Kudos to Greyhound, and to Barbara!:D:D:D

If my bin provider missed my bin and it was through no fault of my own, I'd expect them to come back and empty it... after all, you are paying them to do it... Panda will do the exact same...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Tried to trade in my old printer for a new one in argos but the girl initially refused to take the old printer for recycling as she stated she only accepted electrical goods and she thought that a printer is non electrical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Anita M. wrote: »
    Tried to trade in my old printer for a new one in argos but the girl initially refused to take the old printer for recycling as she stated she only accepted electrical goods and she thought that a printer is non electrical.

Argos are usually pretty cool about that kind of thing , was the girl just an idiot ?:pac:

Advertisement