Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Damit

Pity... am I missing something "they're not honouring the warranty?" Guarantees and warranties are legally binding – they are enforceable through the courts if there was any way you could get the documentation from the company like getting them to email you a copy or something you could check exactly what you are covered for...Did you try speaking with the National Consumer Agency, they are excellent with giving advice ... sorry if you've already gone down this route already - best of luck with it sounds like a nitemare (an expensive one)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Damit wrote: »
    ... Guarantees and warranties are legally binding ...
    Does that extend to a manufacturer's warranty?

Does that extend to a manufacturer's warranty?
    I think it should check out http://www.nca.ie/nca/guarantees-warranties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

He doesn't need to - a manufacturers guarantee is something completely different to rights under consumer legislation. No contract exists between the OP and the manufacturer - their only obligations would be the minimum required under German law - what ever the hell that is.

He doesn't need to - a manufacturers guarantee is something completely different to rights under consumer legislation. No contract exists between the OP and the manufacturer - their only obligations would be the minimum required under German law - what ever the hell that is.
    My understanding is that a manufacturer's guarantee or warranty is usually a written undertaking to repair or
    replace defective goods within a certain time obviously the terms of a manufactures guarantee or
    warranty depends on what is offered? Would they not be covered under European Consumer Laws?

• Advertisement

smccarrick wrote: »
    Media centre and separate external hard-drive.
    Bought from a small retailer who has subsequently gone out of business.
    Both under 2 years of age.
    Trekstore are refusing to honour the warranty on them- as they are in Germany and apparently sold the devices at a cut price to the retailer, persuant to them honoring any warranty obligations. I've been backwards and forwards to them for over a year now.........
    My understanding is that a manufacturer's guarantee or warranty is usually a written undertaking to repair or
    replace defective goods within a certain time obviously the terms of a manufactures guarantee or
    warranty depends on what is offered? Would they not be covered under European Consumer Laws?

Manufacturer limited their warranty to - well we don't know - but absent any proof from the OP we have to take their word it was limited to whatever they are now claiming.

If this was the seller under consumer law they would have a much harder time doing that but it isn't its the manufacturer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 IrishMafia

I rang up the Carphone Warehouse Carrick On Shannon yesterday 20times literally, For about 10 times it kept ringing and ringing, Then a few times they took it of the hook, Beep Beep Beep... Then they put it back... The 2 girls that work there purposely left the phone off the hook so it would stop ringing (The ringing must of been annoyed them) I could hear them talking and I was saying "hello hello" and they didn't seem to care.

It's good to see that they take their job seriously and the Carphone warehouse must have to much money,
    I am really angry to see people that are employed that treat their job like a joke, And are to lazy to answer a phone. Must be so much Trouble. :mad:

Phone Number Which I Rang: 0719671162
    Their Address: Carrick On Shannon Shopping Centre
    Unit 4
    Carrick-on-Shannon
    Leitrim
    Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

IrishMafia wrote: »
    I rang up the Carphone Warehouse Carrick On Shannon yesterday 20times literally, For about 10 times it kept ringing and ringing, Then a few times they took it of the hook, Beep Beep Beep... Then they put it back... The 2 girls that work there purposely left the phone off the hook so it would stop ringing (The ringing must of been annoyed them) I could hear them talking and I was saying "hello hello" and they didn't seem to care.

It's good to see that they take their job seriously and the Carphone warehouse must have to much money,
    I am really angry to see people that are employed that treat their job like a joke, And are to lazy to answer a phone. Must be so much Trouble. :mad:

Phone Number Which I Rang: 0719671162
    Their Address: Carrick On Shannon Shopping Centre
    Unit 4
    Carrick-on-Shannon
    Leitrim
    Ireland

I suggest emailing them a complaint or phoning them on

or
    customercareie-cpw-ie@cpwplc.com

Is someone was continuously ringing my phone I'd leave it off the hook as well. Ever think they were perhaps dealing with customers in the shop.

I've no love for mobile phone shops but some people...

(Merged thread sorry for chat)

Is someone was continuously ringing my phone I'd leave it off the hook as well. Ever think they were perhaps dealing with customers in the shop.

I've no love for mobile phone shops but some people...

(Merged thread sorry for chat)

I rang every 1-2 minutes... They were talking among themselves I know the girls...Just rang them there again, Funny NO ANSWER.

Please Keep your feeble-minded opinion to yourself when you don't even know them / or have never dealt with them.

UPDATE: Rang 3 times again, all in 10-20minute intervals, Talk about ignorant and lazy. Pity there's no other mobile phone shop In Carrick-On-Shannon :(

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    I suggest emailing them a complaint or phoning them on

or
    customercareie-cpw-ie@cpwplc.com

Thanks, I will do, At least someone is helpful and not talking crap - Some people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I placed an order through their website on 11th August. I checked my account and 17th August was displayed as the projected delivery date. No sign of the delivery on Friday, 17th, so I said I would wait until the following Monday to contact them, just in case there was a short delay.

No sign of the order on Monday so I e-mailed them. I tried ringing them 3 times with no success. I received an automated response that they would reply within 6 hours. I then received another automated response saying that my query had been passed to another team and I would have to wait 2-3 days for a response.

I checked my online account and saw that my order was on hold with the courier due to an address query. This courier service has been to my house a lot (I do 90% of my shopping online). I tried ringing Littlewoods again, with no success. My account was then updated with the message "return to sender", shortly followed by "despatched".

On Monday evening I received a phone call from the courier service in relation to another delivery (as I said they have been here a lot) to arrange a suitable delivery time. When the courier arrived early the following morning I asked him if there were any other parcels being held at the depot and he said "no, I checked because there's usually a few for you but there was nothing else".

So on Tuesday morning I e-mailed Littlewoods again and tried ringing them, again unsuccessful. Only today did I actually get a response from Littlewoods advising me that my order had been returned due to an address query and that I could place the order again if I wanted to. I asked them why I had not been contacted about the address query and I was told that the depot don't have my phone number. The depot clearly do have my phone number as I have used them before and they called me earlier in the week. I then asked why didn't Littlewoods contact me if the courier couldn't and was told "Your account is only accessed if you email or call in, so the order was returned before you emailed the whereabouts of your parcel." So basically unless you make contact with Littlewoods, they won't contact you even if there is a problem with your order or account. What a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

[COLOR="Black"]Pity there's no other mobile phone shop In Carrick-On-Shannon :([/COLOR]

I presume there is somewhere else in Carrick you can apply to unless you really want to work in another mobile phone shop.

I presume there is somewhere else in Carrick you can apply to unless you really want to work in another mobile phone shop.

1).Huh?.... Work In?... I was on about getting a new phone as my battery in my blackberry phone stopped working. Nothing to do with work.. And I never worked in a mobile shop nor plan on too either?!
    OR 2). If you mean that about me opening a phone shop
    I don't have the funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Short and sweet....Old guy in Pc in Bray...knew nothing about two tv's i was looking at.....He said the only difference between the two was the €30 price and the cabinet finish.....until i pointed out that one was LED and the other LCD......he repeated the cabinet as being the only "real" difference........
    And they say that the young ones are dumb........:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I placed an order through their website on 11th August. I checked my account and 17th August was displayed as the projected delivery date. No sign of the delivery on Friday, 17th, so I said I would wait until the following Monday to contact them, just in case there was a short delay.

No sign of the order on Monday so I e-mailed them. I tried ringing them 3 times with no success. I received an automated response that they would reply within 6 hours. I then received another automated response saying that my query had been passed to another team and I would have to wait 2-3 days for a response.

I checked my online account and saw that my order was on hold with the courier due to an address query. This courier service has been to my house a lot (I do 90% of my shopping online). I tried ringing Littlewoods again, with no success. My account was then updated with the message "return to sender", shortly followed by "despatched".

On Monday evening I received a phone call from the courier service in relation to another delivery (as I said they have been here a lot) to arrange a suitable delivery time. When the courier arrived early the following morning I asked him if there were any other parcels being held at the depot and he said "no, I checked because there's usually a few for you but there was nothing else".

So on Tuesday morning I e-mailed Littlewoods again and tried ringing them, again unsuccessful. Only today did I actually get a response from Littlewoods advising me that my order had been returned due to an address query and that I could place the order again if I wanted to. I asked them why I had not been contacted about the address query and I was told that the depot don't have my phone number. The depot clearly do have my phone number as I have used them before and they called me earlier in the week. I then asked why didn't Littlewoods contact me if the courier couldn't and was told "Your account is only accessed if you email or call in, so the order was returned before you emailed the whereabouts of your parcel." So basically unless you make contact with Littlewoods, they won't contact you even if there is a problem with your order or account. What a joke!

Further to this. I placed another order because I had money in my Littlewoods account and getting a refund from them takes 14 days so I just decided to place another order. Placed the order on 23rd and noticed this morning that my account showed that the parcel had been loaded on the local courier service van so I rang Littlewoods just now to make sure they didn't cock up as before.

Got through to one of the customer service reps and his exact words were "we have a number here to give you when you call in so you can arrange delivery" so I said "and what would happen if I didn't call in, how would I get that number?" and he said "I can't answer that question, you'd have to ring another department" :confused: Nowhere on their website does it say "please monitor your delivery progress on your account and ring us to obtain a number to arrange delivery".

So the guy I spoke to gave me a number, the wrong number, so I then had to ring back to get the right number, I was again given the wrong number but eventually got the correct number.

I'm surprised a company as big and well known as Littlewoods operates in this manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kmqad

I have never come across a garage like this. So angry and feel so stupid. First of all, the owner, sasha has been fined for clocking cars. Check out RTE news
    or maybe just google them -

My experience is not good, i found them as they were just up the road from where the course i was doing was. I brought the car in for a service and a check up to see what needed to be done. The main reason was that i needed a wheel bearing replaced and i explicitly told the guy it needed doing and to have a look. He rang me back, told me it was not the wheel bearing but i needed 3 new tyres, break pads and something else I did not know. But he assured me , it was not the wheel bearing. Cost €410.

I picked up the car, to find that there was a much louder noise coming from the front right wheel. I thought, how the hell could they make it worse if it was not the wheel bearing. By, coincidence, the window broke the same day........................... Never broke in all the years i have been driving.

Took it in to them, did not want to point fingers but it was one hell of a coincidence. He quoted me €170 to fix that. I checked online, and sourced a part for €60. So he done me a deal at €140. Good man. I also told him the SECOND TIME to find out what that new sound they created for me was on the front tyre. He told me he DID NOT THINK it was the wheel bearing and could be the tyre. Going from, its definately not to I DONT THINK its the wheel bearing is a bit of a change in direction. Are they mechanics? He fixed the window and now it does not close right either and Im in fear it may break again because its under pressure closing. He told me, its probably the tyre but if it gets worse, bring it back in and we will have another look at it.

IT GOT WORSE, WAY WORSE

brought it back in again after about a week, could not take the noise. Sounded like a motorbike. This sound was never there before. I only thought it was the wheel bearing because i could feel something grinding.

Brought it back in again, went for a spin with the mechanic, he said, "Yes, its the wheel bearing" Like, ?????????????????????????????????????

I told them that from the start. Im not a mechanic!!!!

Brought it in, AGAIN, SEEMS to be ok, but wanted to charge me a further 130e for it. Would not do a deal since i have given them so much business too. Im sure they created business for themselves and im hoping they did not try something else too.

I just left and I will never use them again.

Please, if you value your car, DO NOT USE "SASHA AUTOS"

The customer service was diabolical from the Owner, did not care one bit.

Really should have googled these guys first because If i had of found whats on the internet about them, I would NEVER have used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭SOCOM

Sids Not wrote: »
    Short and sweet....Old guy in Pc in Bray...knew nothing about two tv's i was looking at.....He said the only difference between the two was the €30 price and the cabinet finish.....until i pointed out that one was LED and the other LCD......he repeated the cabinet as being the only "real" difference........
    And they say that the young ones are dumb........:rolleyes:

Technically he's right. Both are LCD tv's, the difference is the LED uses LED's (light emmiting diodes) to back light the screen as opposed to the old system of thin flourescent tubes to light older LCD's and plasma tv's, try saying that 3 times!! Lol

Further more I decided to buy a iPhone so i went to the carphone warehouse the only phone shop in carrick...

"SHOP INFORMATION":
    Shop: Carphone Warehouse
    Phone Number: 071 9671162
    Email: customercareie-cpw-ie@cpwplc.com
    Full Address: Unit 4 Carrick On Shannon Shopping Centre,
    Carrick on Shannon, Co Leitrim

Okay, first off the staff are more ignorant then i have ever seen in any shop.I asked them do they sell the 'iPhone 4' and she replied were 'out of stock' I replied can you please check to make sure and then the woman with black/brown hair working there went "awwh" and moaned a bit as it was so much trouble for her to go look, She came out and said oh ya we do we have 1 in stock in white for vodafone, I said right that one will do,I paid for it no problem and i said i would like a new sim card and she said ya here you go and she said would you like me to put it in and i said no thanks i can do it later - She insisted on doing it, When she put in the sim card, The stupid BEEP , let the phone drop, Yes DROP. And all she said was "ooops" she still tried to sell the phone to me even tho it had now a small scratch and a tiny dent at the corner on it and from the drop the hardware or anything could of been damaged, I said are you still trying to sell the dropped phone to me and she said yes, and i said no thanks you can keep it and left.

"CONCLUSION"
    What a disgrace....................................
    So from that visit, She moaned about looking, getting it wrong they were out of stock And selling me a dropped phone with a scratch and a bit of a dent...Carphone Warehouse In Carrick On Shannon, I hope another phone shop opens or ye close down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

You Reeeely don't like your ex friends/colleagues do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please Keep your feeble-minded opinion to yourself when you don't even know them / or have never dealt with them.

If you can't post politely towards other users, then don't post.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Praise for both Asos.com and boohoo.com.

Bought some clothes from both sites, and was very happy with the service!

Firstly, super cheap. I got 8 dresses, a jumper and 2 pairs of shorts all for 160 (and that's including delivery!).

The sites stated that one order would take 2 weeks or so to get to me, the other would take 5-7 working days. Ordered around 8pm on a Monday.

Wednesday morning, both packages came!

Tracking numbers were provided and kept up to date, the clothes were all a good fit and the sizings were very accurate and their returns policy was great if there was something that didn't fit, free post stickers provided.

Very happy and would absolutely shop there again! First time for both, definitely not my last :)

thesandeman @Likewise :)

You Reeeely don't like your ex friends/colleagues do you?

@thesandeman Your saying I want a job there a minute ago, Now your saying there my Ex-Friends Hahaha also You really don't know how to spell do you? Seriously Troll, Please mind you own business and stop accusing me of different things! Thanks... :rolleyes:

@dudara
    He degraded me a few posts back... I'm obviously going to fight my corner?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@dudara
    He degraded me a few posts back... I'm obviously going to fight my corner?! :(

You are entitled to counter argue. You are not allowed to insult other posters. Please learn the difference.

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    You are entitled to counter argue. You are not allowed to insult other posters. Please learn the difference.

dudara

Oh so argue the "point" and not the user okay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I travelled back from Riga with Ryanair on Monday and had to pay separate security charge of 7 euro at the Ryanair desk. This doesn't appear to be anywhere on their site and only applies to Ryanair flights. The queue for this desk was huge and there were people walking up and down the queue trying to sell on their security tickets as they'd missed the 40 minute cut-off point. You'd think they'd at least put it on their site if they aren't going to include it on their already big list of fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Air Lingus are becoming more like Ryanair every day! Booked a package lastminute deal that was with Airlingus flights. We get one suitcase between 2 of us! Also, tried to checkin online and they wanted £20 to choose seats... I don't care where I sit but couldn't continue without it as I was using Advance Check-in.
    Will try again tomorrow within the 30 hour time for normal Check-in. Will also have to call them to get another suitcase added... not sure what that will cost :(

I can see an argument at the check-in desk happening!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Big thumb down to DHL/FEDEX/UPS for trying to be persistent in overcharging me for the VAT on the delivery invoices.

Big thumb up to the revenue/customs for superb service in rectifying those ^^^ gob****es
    mistakes.

Advertisement