Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Adrienne B

it's not a complaint, it's just a warning to others. As I said, I was aware when I bought my LivingSocial voucher that my contract was with the merchant, but when I experienced problems with the merchant I naively assumed LivingSocial would help. If I'd known there was zero support, I would definitely not have handed over any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merging with the Best/Worst Customer Service thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hoggett

:) Hi all, I know this site is mainly for people who have a gripe over something or other but I feel that if there is something nice to be said about a company then to be fair let people know.
    I took out a car insurance policy with bestquote a feww weeks ago and through my own stupidity opted for the cheapest price which was a great price of 270 euro. However there was no windscreen cover on the policy.
    A week after i took out the policy I had the misfortune to be behind a truck with a load of gravel and lo and behold some bounced off the back and cracked my windscreen. I rang bestquote and explained and to find out my next step.The girl I spoke to said I was covered and and to make an appointment with a windscreen company of their choice. I choose Autoglass (you all remember their ads!!) and was booked in for the next day. While the car was being done I got a call from Autoglass that they had been in touch with bestquote and my policy didnt cover windscreens. I paid for the job and when I got home sent an email to bestquote. I got a reply by return from a very pleasent girl named <SNIP> who was most apologetic and told me she would investigate the case. I couldnt remember the name of the girl I rang first. After a week of detective work <SNIP> kept in contact with me by phone she rang me today , asked me to forward the receipt and I would be refunded my cost. Now thats what I call great customer service. I must say both Autoglass staff and bestquote staff was second to none.
    Well done to you all!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

that'll do pig

@im invisible Please stay on topic

Post merged into Best / Worst Customer Service thread

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

Good
    Sky Ireland - got it installed the other day but when I checked my account online, they had me down for Movies (€53) instead of basic Entertainment which I requested (€25), so called them and they sorted it.
    So next day checked my TV - no movies and then checked my account to see that they had taken off movies but have given me my month for free - pressume that is cos they messed up initially, sure these things happen. Was glad that I checked early though. One moth free Sky...thanks Sky Ireland :p

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

To cut a long story short,can i just give 1 piece of advice,steer clear of pixmania,there delivery is disgraceful and there customer service is ridiculous,:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

manutd83 wrote: »
    To cut a long story short,can i just give 1 piece of advice,steer clear of pixmania,there delivery is disgraceful and there customer service is ridiculous,:mad::mad::mad:

A quick search of boards would have told you that!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nyberg

Wellies.ie

Have to give these guys a mention, I ordered a pair of wellies from them yesterday afternoon.
    I got a phone call last night about 8pm from a lovely guy making sure that the size i gave him was the size i wear, and not bigger making allowances for size differences, as he was just packing my wellies up!
    Such a small but lovely thing to do. Big companies take note!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Texaco in Blanchardstown Corporate Park... praise.

Went in to fill up today and realised I was 80c short of total when I went to pay, cashier told me to come back with it when I could. Felt like a criminal driving away from the pump haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

Just after having a bad experience with MandM. I have been a customer for the past 3-4 years and would place at least 10 orders per year with them. In the last few months they have revamped the site a little to actually keep details of your account i.e. login and password which is great as prior to this I always had to enter my address and payment details with every order.

However I filled the basked 2 weeks ago with loads of great deals only to be told 7 days later (and I had to enquire from them) that the order was not processed due to incorrect payment details and that I should re-order. Now I cannot see how this could have happened as the payment details that are held by them are correct and obviously i have had orders processed this way before. I would'nt mind if the items had been still available but they were'nt.

When I asked for a further explanation I have been given the silent treatment which I find to be very poor customer service. I really have lost faith in this company and just because they are an online company does'nt give them the right to ignore customer complaints.

Anyone else got bad experiences here??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Did your saved card go past its expiry date?

This happened to me with paypal, I nearly got bad feedback as a buyer.

No! the card details are fine.. I got the confirmation email from MandM to thank me for my order that that it would be dealt with in the following 3-5 days. However when no email came about the dispatch of the goods, I contacted them to be told that there had been an issue with the payment details and that was it. I don't believe them for one minute and cannot get any other information from them.

Just after having a bad experience with MandM. I have been a customer for the past 3-4 years and would place at least 10 orders per year with them. In the last few months they have revamped the site a little to actually keep details of your account i.e. login and password which is great as prior to this I always had to enter my address and payment details with every order.

However I filled the basked 2 weeks ago with loads of great deals only to be told 7 days later (and I had to enquire from them) that the order was not processed due to incorrect payment details and that I should re-order. Now I cannot see how this could have happened as the payment details that are held by them are correct and obviously i have had orders processed this way before. I would'nt mind if the items had been still available but they were'nt.

When I asked for a further explanation I have been given the silent treatment which I find to be very poor customer service. I really have lost faith in this company and just because they are an online company does'nt give them the right to ignore customer complaints.

Anyone else got bad experiences here??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Good
    So after ~40+ orders you have one bad order and lose faith in them because a CS clerk who's told sod all in all companies can't tell you why the technical system did not behave as intended?

Good CS? No but be realistic about the situation as well...

I had placed an order for a number of items in excess of E200, many of which i considered bargains and which the kids had picked for themselves.

I got an email confirming my order and informing me that it would be dispatched in the next 3-5 days.

After not receiving a dispatch email after this time, I sent an email to enquire if there was a problem only to be told that there was an issue with my card details.

Now if there had been an issue with the card surely the confirmation email would not have arrived and when I enquired further about the problem I am getting the silent treatment.

I have always considered the service quite good but thats because I've never encountered a problem like this. Why cant they come clean and tell me what was the real problem with my order?

And I really dont think its good enough not to reply to my email regarding same. Do you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Good
    They can't "come clean and tell you" because the CS person does not know and will not be told or if they do know have been told what to say (this is assumption but holds true in the great majority of cases). As for not responding to your e-mail I agreed it is not good CS but you can pick any thread here about UPC, UPS, Eircom, Vodafone, Airtricity etc. and see the same level (or worse) CS there.

The point being it is not in any way unique to this company and if you have had that good experience to date to turn around now because of this would be foolish in my book. Be careful? Sure. Ask them to confirm the order for the next two or three orders? Sure. Expect a CS person to answer every e-mail and come up with an answer they don't have? Sorry, never going to happen.

Not much point in asking them to confirm an order as the order in question had been confirmed but not processed. The least they could have done is reply to my email - explain that they cocked up but no they just dig their heads in the sand.

The reason I brought it to Boards is to see if anyone else were having problems with MandM.

• Site Banned Posts: 8 rico27

Paypal - was tracking the whereabouts of my money. emailed them. after 5days I got a reply... but what is bad is that their reply was an advertising reply. it's good on the 6th day my money showed up - but got no straight answer from Paypal what happened and why it took that long. usually, I get my money within 24 to 48hours only.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Had a problem with my Easons loyalty card where the points weren't being applied properly to my account. Sent an email to their customer service dept and had someone back to me within a day.The whole thing was sorted within a few days and I was kept up to date with what was happening. Really good example of customer service because, going by a lot of other companies, I didn't even expect the email to be answered in the first place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 NigelB

Just have to say it, O2 Ireland are the worst telecom!

I've had the worst experience with this company and their aggressive attitude to their customers. I've been a customer of O2 since it changed from Esat in 2001/02. Recently I've found their approach to be ever more aggressive and I decided to quit my mobile contract.

Take some advice, don't use this company. Bad for your health.

@NigelB - are you looking for assistance with this issue? I can move your post to the Talk to O2 forum if you'd like.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

An awful shame that is , care to explain why ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 teenoso

Used console pros for a ps3 repair collected machine after repair paid €100 in August got machine home and it did not work. Numerous email phones calls with promise to fix but does not follow up. Its now november at this stage I've resorted to posting here in the hope he will be honest enough to return my money. I'll live and wait so much for his no fix guarantee best stay away and invest your money in a new console avoid this guy like the plague

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Booked a holiday last year with 'Welcome France' for a 1 week camping trip in France for the family. It was first holiday abroad for kids so you can imagine surprise when we received a letter 2 weeks prior to travel cancelling our booking.

It seems we were not the only ones to get this ill treatment, so please beware when booking holidays and make sure to research the company you might be looking to use.

Here are some similar experiences from others who were also caught out...

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g187094-i1050-k5208894-Dol_de_bretagne_chateau_des_ormes_french_freedom-Brittany.html

Are you looking for specific advice, or is it more of a general warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 codplayer

Hi,

I had the similar experience,

The guy disappeared for weeks claiming he had a death in the family,

Met another guy from Donegal who was told a completely different story,

This guy seriously needs to be shut down,

I've got his home address and personal details if you need them as I had to pull these from the Companies office to get my console back.

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

It always makes me laugh when i see posts like this. Something happens one person so because of that no one should use that company. I also have a feeling why we havent been told what happened...

Merged with Best/Worst Customer Service, as the OP has not returned to elaborate further

dudara

• Advertisement

Merged for the same reason

dudara

Advertisement