Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Good
    They are saying the company refunded them almost immediately whereas some other companies take weeks to process a refund.

That is what I was wondering. I was just confused whether it was praise or a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

dohouch wrote: »
    Quote: Originally Posted by dohouch
    Arguscarhire.ie

1. On Sunday 12 May reserved a car for September in Spain, paid deposit.
    2. On Friday 17 May, cancelled.
    3. Deposit refunded to credit card on Tuesday 21 May.

4. There is an Irish telephone number on the website. Out of pure curiosity I rang this number
    at 6.30 AM on Friday 17 May and was amazed to get a real person at that time of the day.

I get really annoyed with companies who can debit your card within 2 days, but take weeks to refund when I cancel or they can't complete the order.
    Soundman wrote: »
    I'm confused... Are you complaining about them or commending them? To me it sounds like they did good, refunding you in 2 days, yet your final paragraph seems to contradict that.

Sorry it wasn't clear, I am praising the service offered by Arguscarhire.ie

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

On the back of the last few pages I'll be shopping a lot more in my German supermarkets. I have never had reason to go back to Supervalue with anything so I don't know what their service would be like but I always found them great when booking holidays through their getaway breaks promotion.

I had ups and downs with tescos. One time I was made feel like a shoplifter when I brought a portable dvd player back in January that was a christmas present that never worked. I didn't have the receipt but it was clearly not a abuse issue as the thing had never been used. I phones the Castlebar store and told them all I wanted was an exchange and not a refund, was told no problem and to come on over and get it. When I got there it was a totally different store and some young lad that was standing in for the manager was having a powertrip and wouldn't change it. Actually said to me how do I know you didn't just lift it from the shelf. Another time there was a mix up with their meal deal and it was sorted no problem in the Claremorris store where I now go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Today, I was'nt feeling particularly hungry for lunch so I decided to go down to the local petrol station which has a pizza franchise, - it has a display advertising the fairly recently opened franchise too. A few weeks ago I got a slice of pizza there on a Sunday, and a can of coke all for 3 euro.
    So, I popped down today.
    No pizza slice available the pizza slice rack is empty.. I could only get a big pizza - remember I am not very hungry.
    So I leave. At the bus stop nearby, I see a discarded large pizza carton from the same franchise, on the footpath.
    Well, in future, I need not go there for a light snack, or pizza slice, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

gugleguy wrote: »
    Today, I was'nt feeling particularly hungry for lunch so I decided to go down to the local petrol station which has a pizza franchise, - it has a display advertising the fairly recently opened franchise too. A few weeks ago I got a slice of pizza there on a Sunday, and a can of coke all for 3 euro.
    So, I popped down today.
    No pizza slice available the pizza slice rack is empty.. I could only get a big pizza - remember I am not very hungry.
    So I leave. At the bus stop nearby, I see a discarded large pizza carton from the same franchise, on the footpath.
    Well, in future, I need not go there for a light snack, or pizza slice, whatever.

:confused: Not really sure what you're saying here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Teagwee wrote: »
    :confused: Not really sure what you're saying here?

think its a metaphor for environmentalism. or he found pizza inthe cardboard box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    What has a customer littering got to do with customer service?

And while the slice rack was empty, did you ask for a slice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

What has a customer littering got to do with customer service?

And while the slice rack was empty, did you ask for a slice?

Yes, I asked for a slice. The attendant said they had no slices

There was no pizza in the discard pizza box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

So what exactly are you trying to say?

For whatever reason, they did not have a single slice for sale, then you found an empty box someone had littered the street with, and now you are saying something on boards about it.

As clear as mud!

Good
    gugleguy wrote: »

There was no pizza in the discard pizza box.

Of course there was no pizza in the discarded box, that's why it was discarded. It was finished with. What exactly are you trying to say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

In the absence of any clarity from the OP, I'm going to go out on a limb here.

The OP wanted only one slice, but the shop no longer sells portions, so he was forced to buy a whole one or leave empty-handed and slightly hungry - he chose the latter.

Someone else opted to buy and eat the whole pizza, leaving the empty box nearby - so he/she was clearly hungry enough to eat it all, there and then.

The OP is miffed because:
    a) the shop didn't meet his needs and expectations
    b) the completely hungry purchaser of the whole pizza didn't have the decency to leave him one piece to satisfy his partial hunger
    c) the sight of the empty pizza box fuelled his frustration and increased his appetite so that he felt forced to air his distress on Boards.

Sorted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Easily the worst customer experience I've had in the past few years was with the House of Fraser online.

I registered with their website to order some cosmetics, when their summer promotion was on last week. When I received my confirmation email I noticed that my county was missing from the address. It read 'Sunbeam, Sunbeam's Village, Eire'. It was included in the detailed order information in the 'my account' section of the website, but seemed to be missing from my saved addresses. I tried to re-enter my full address, including county, but was told I couldn't do that as the address was already registered with them. Deleting and re-entering didn't work either.

I emailed customer services at once explaining the situation and asking if they could double check that the full address was on my package as it was to be delivered by courier. I was told that they could not amend my address once the order was placed, but once I received a confirmation email from the courier to contact them again and they would update my details with them. Fair enough. I was also told that ''I have checked the address that is registered in your online account and Co. May is not showing there, I would suggest you logging into your account and updating this information for future orders''.

I politely emailed them again, pointing out once again that there was a glitch in the system and no matter how many times I entered my address the county wasn't showing up in my address book. Eventually through trial and error I worked out that it shows up if you enter it in the 'city' field and leave county blank.

I received a dispatch email with a link to the courier's website on 30/5 and another 'confirmation of dispatch email' on 31/5. The link on the courier's website read 'manifest received and processed' with a scan date of 30/5. I emailed customer services again and they informed me they couldn't contact the courier company until 3/6 as the package wasn't scanned into their system and they would have no visibility of it until then.

Just after midnight today (4/6) I received a 'confirmation of refund' email from House of Fraser indicating that my order had been returned to them. Rang them early this morning to be told that either the warehouse lost my package and never actually sent it out in the first place, or that it must have been lost on en route to the courier and that 'these things tend to happen at sale time'. :rolleyes: As two of the items I ordered are now out of stock, I cannot reorder and there was nothing more they could do for me.

In future I'll just pay the extra and order from Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Did a Visa Debit transaction while in the US recently. Chap doing the transaction wasn't familiar with Visa Debit card so had to cancel the initial transaction and redo it and it went through ok.

less than 3 minutes later I got a text from Fraud Prevention asking me to confirm that I had, in fact, authorized the transaction! That's what I call being on the ball.;)

I had informed them that I would be using the card overseas but the cancelled transaction alerted them to a possible fraudulent use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I always appreciate good service from a company when I get it so would like to applaud memoryc.ie for a prompt service and excellent prices.

Ordered 2 X 4GB SO-DIMMS for my Macbook Pro on Saturday and received them today along with a very nice little gift !! A bag of Haribo Starmix :) Yumm !!

Not earth shattering I know but t'was an unexpected gesture so thank you memoryc.ie !

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I need to stop picking up in person from them clearly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

MYOB wrote: »
    I need to stop picking up in person from them clearly.

Thats what was flitting through my mind too....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

ZENER wrote: »
    I always appreciate good service from a company when I get it so would like to applaud memoryc.ie for a prompt service and excellent prices.

Ordered 2 X 4GB SO-DIMMS for my Macbook Pro on Saturday and received them today along with a very nice little gift !! A bag of Haribo Starmix :) Yumm !!

Not earth shattering I know but t'was an unexpected gesture so thank you memoryc.ie !

Ken

That is so cool :D I always think that little things like that really stand out in your memory. Reminds me of when I used to order some things from Pixmania - they all arrived with a little gift of a lanyard......one of which now keeps my VHF snugly around my neck when I'm out in my kayak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I had the best customer service experience after complaining today - was at Robbie last night and Tesco rang to see if they could deliver my online order early - I was like death warmed up having had about three hours sleep....anyway, got my groceries, didn't check them - back to bed...anyway being lazy had ordered Saturday's Irish Indo and Times ...got the English version of both....

Rang the Customer Service number and the guy was in Cardiff and said he only reads the South Wales Echo and would be disgusted if he got the Telegraph, it was totally unacceptable and refunded twice the price to me. He was so nice, I ended up thanking him! I felt guilty hanging up that they'd messed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

that's standard, really it's between a rock and a hard place with distance selling regs. So they have to go above and beyond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Oxigen bins, rant!

Signed up to them two weeks ago, bins delivered last week, all good. First collection was supposed to be yesterday. No collection. Rang them around 6.30pm last night and was told that they collect until 10pm.

Rang this morning and I was told "oh sometimes the drivers don't get new customers details", wtf is the point in new customers signing up then!! Said he would look into it and call me back, by 3pm still no callback, so rang back again and asked to speak to a supervisor, took my number and I insisted I was called back before close of business today. No call back again!

As a new customer it has left a very bad taste in my mouth about signing up with them, if they can't even get things right with a new customer how bad must it be when you've been with them for ages!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you think thats bad- Greyhound still haven't refunded me the credit in my account- a year after they last collected my bins. No explanation. Letters are delivered to them- I registered them- but not acknowledged.

I'm with city bin company now- and they are a joy to deal with- or more pertinently- I don't have to deal with them- they collect the bin on time, every week, and I've not had to call them once in a year. Wish other companies were like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Laterooms.com - over a day to get back to me after a simple request regarding a stay that was 6 days away at the time (not really acceptable considering the timeframe), was also unable to get through to any of the contact numbers listed on their website. It took putting a semi-cranky and relatively sarcastic message on Facebook for them to actually respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Good
    Praise-Easons,Whitewater,newbridge and storage options

My girlfriend got me a scroll pocket mini tablet pc for Christmas just gone. Over the last 2 weeks the screen has been going funny on it. It got no abuse or anything like that. I emailed storage options(supplier) and they mailed back saying "sounds like a faulty product,bring back to store".

Brought it back to Easons today and they couldn't have been more helpful. I had my reciept and a print out of the email and the manager(Brendan) took one look said grand and went got me a new one. Top notch service. From start to finish i was in there ten mins max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Ordered three new bins with Greyhound last Thursday costing €75. They still had not arrived this morning. I rang them up and said the rubbish is gathering here. The girl on the phone was very apologetic, checked what the scéal was and came back to me. "Listen, we're very sorry about this. They'll be with you for certain tomorrow and just as a gesture we'll reduce the cost by €20".

Very unexpected. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hill16dublin

Would just like to say a few words about a company in Blanchard town that's repair car keys!!!I was having problems with my Renault car keys so gave LOCKTEC a ring and they were so nice over the phone!! so gave the keys over and had them repaired then they stopped working so had them fixed again which locktec and had no problem in getting them done!!!!then I seen when I got the keys back that the were melted to stick them back together which I wasn't told this!!! so I gave them a ring and basically ask for them to be replaced which the chap in locktec wasn't so nice about so had one fix and then I was waiting about a month for my other key basically they wouldn't answer my calls or if they did I was been told I'll have them drop to your house which never happen so about a month later and when I got the keys there still melted which I was told by them that it has to be done!!!!!!!overall I wasn't happy with the service and would never got back to than!!!!!!

Good
    It might help comprehension if you edited that post to include some full stops, commas and capital letters. It is very hard to follow it as it stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

I'm writing this on my lovely new Windows 8 laptop after a great customer experience at Curry's in William Street, Limerick. Second I went through the door I was approached by a staff member asking if I was ok for everything. After a bit of admiring the various laptops, I was approached by the manager who went through in detail about what I would use it for, and which would be the best option. As he actually selected one of the cheaper options I really appreciated his honesty.

So as I had €400 worth of vouchers, I only paid €200 for laptop, case, Norton and MS Office package, insurance, a HDMI cable, and I got a free mouse :) The manager (James I think) set up my new account and the laptop was ready when we called back for it.

All with very friendly, courteous service. Will definitely be returning to this branch of Curry's again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭emmiou

Praise! for Vincent in Gamestop Donaghmede for being incredibly nice and helpful... you've made new and happy customers of me and my 3 boys!

Good
    emmiou wrote: »
    For being incredibly nice and helpful... you've made new and happy customers of me and my 3 boys!

Who has?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I am not using those idiots any more. Their customer service is terrible. I had already stopped ordering books from them because they send books so badly packaged that my books usually got damaged in transit. But I'm not ordering anything from them any more. Firstly their service has become so slow. Using the supersaver delivery, I used to get my items about three days after ordering. Now they don't even dispatch them within three days. Even if it says they're in stock!

This is my last amazon fiasco - I ordered 2 DVDs. It almost immediately said "dispatching now." Three days later it still said "dispatching now." I called customer service, who faffed around for ages, leaving me on hold and eventually said that they didn't know what the problem was. I told the operator to cancel the order and she said yes. She said it was cancelled. To be sure, I also cancelled it myself on the webpage. A couple of hours later, having gotten the cancellation confirmation, I ordered the DVDs off ebay.

Then I get an email from amazon saying that actually my order hasn't been cancelled and the items have been dispatched. Now I'll have two of each and will have to go to the bother of returning the amazon ones. I am just sick of these idiots. I am never ordering from them again.

Advertisement