Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Never had a problem myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

My stuff's always been packaged fine - are packages from other companies turning up to you in a decent state, or might there be a problem in the post somewhere?

The supersaver delivery was always advertised as being slower. At times stuff may turn up quickly, but they don't guarantee that. I would imagine that when they're paying the postage, your order goes to the bottom of the queue, and people who've paid get priority.

For the latest issue ,tell Amazon that as you had cancelled the order, and have proof of cancellation, you want a refund and they need to send someone to collect the package from you at your convenience. If they don't refund you, you can do a chargeback on your credit card using the cancellation confirmation as proof. Let them know that if you have to go down that road, then you will only hold on to their package for a week, at which point you'll assume they don't want it, and you're free to do what you like with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    As a very regular user of Amazon, I have to say everything from books, to fishing rods, to DVDs, toys, and games have always been very well packaged if shipped by Amazon or one of their partners.

Super saver deliver is advertised as slower (3 to 5 days from despatch).
    I can honestly say I find them the very best to buy from or deal with. Much better than any other on-line seller I use regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Have used for years.... Never a problem!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

I am not using those idiots any more. Their customer service is terrible. I had already stopped ordering books from them because they send books so badly packaged that my books usually got damaged in transit. But I'm not ordering anything from them any more. Firstly their service has become so slow. Using the supersaver delivery, I used to get my items about three days after ordering. Now they don't even dispatch them within three days. Even if it says they're in stock!

Are you sure its Amazon and its not some bogus company??? Using amazon for quite sometime and never had a problem yett... touch wood !!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

I ordered some CD's and a book from them recently (was actually in 2 separate orders, as I forgot one of the items I wanted) They packed both orders together, which was great as I was sending them to Parcel Motel. I ordered on Sat night, had the parcel delivered to my local parcel motel on the Tuesday night.
    That's pretty damn good imo....

I've never had an issue with them with anything else I have ever ordered either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Amazon are great! Never had an issue with them before. Great prices and if you dont mind waiting a few days the super saver deliver is dead handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Been using Amazon for years, both here and in London. Only twice have I had a problem, and Amazon sorted straight away. Their customer service is excellent and very prompt. OP was just unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Over the years just had two issues and both were rectified quickly, they weren't packaging related. You can give feedback on the packaging of every order in your account.

More info:> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200389810

http://www.amazon.co.uk/packaging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

You must be one of these people that bad things happen to.

Sorry about that.

Amazon for me has always been spot on. Free return shipping on change of mind. Usually a competitive price. Sure you sometimes have to wait but its free shipping...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I never had a problem with them. Their returns process is pretty easy. Their actually one of the few companies that have good customer service.

And its definately not the person that is delivering your post? I know that up the road they have a different post man and he's useless, handing post out in the middle of the street, things going missing, numerous complaints made about him yet he's still delivering post on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

AIB - a customer of 20 years standing, and they refuse to resolve an issue for me. An issue that they created. Not only that, but some of the people I have dealt with in phonecalls have been so rude and condescending that they shouldnt be allowed to deal with the public at all. Utter utter sc*m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I find Parcel Motel to be a great bunch of lads,
    I recently signed up to them to avail of Free UK
    deliverys on amazon. They keep you updated
    for your parcel via text messages that are clear
    and concise and they save you a good few euro
    on post too.

Will likely be using them a lot!

I have been using ryanair for years and the other day I was flying over on holidays to Belgium. It ended up that Ryanair wouldn't fly to Brussels from Ireland, so we went with Aer Lingus. Due to what the airport said was "operational issues" the flight wass delayed 2 hours. Ok this was annoying but we regularily got updates. When we were called they invited the passengers with seats at the top to come on first and it was very organised. I was walking behind a couple with 3 very young kids who looked exhausted, and as they walked passed the boarding gate desk on the further side of the crowd barrier a staff member called them over lifted the crowd barrier and got them on first. Excellent customer service, she saw how exhausted they were and really tried to make their experience as easy as possible.

Well, jesus christ you really get what you pay for. You could tell the AL staff are treated (and trained) a lot better and as human beings. I have been on ryanair flights where staff have been sleeping. Passengers are respected and treated very well, and the safety demo was done correctly (I'm picky on these things!). One of the cabin crew was having a quiet yet friendly chat with a passenger in front of me who she seemed to know- she left for a while to do her job and you could really feel how respectful and kind they are. They went out of their way to make the flight as enjoyable as possible. Heck they gave me a bottle of water and tea if I wanted it for free. The captain sincerely apologised for the delay and explained how it happened and why. They didn't go begging for forgiveness and didn't mention it again until the end, and they weren't trying to make up for it by giving away some water (it appears that's a regular thing?).

A huge fair play to them! I can understand why people choose Aer Lingus over Ryanair and visa-versa, but only now can I see it. I only went with them as they were the only option. Will definately fly with them again.

And no cheesy "we're on time" music at the end :D

They really do business right. They don't try and sell sell sell bingo cards/raffles to you, no person shouting dutch down the pager, they tried to keep it as relaxing as possible. Best customer service I've ever come across!

Totally agree with MrG. AL are MUCH better than Ryanair all round. The staff are pleasant, and travel with them is sooo much easier! It was a very happy day when AL started running flights to Gatwick! :D

Now - all they have to do is run the daily flight at a decent hour, and I'll be an even more happy bunny!!! :D

BTW - I've never had free water with AL. Must be doing something wrong...

Totally agree with MrG. AL are MUCH better than Ryanair all round. The staff are pleasant, and travel with them is sooo much easier! It was a very happy day when AL started running flights to Gatwick! :D

Now - all they have to do is run the daily flight at a decent hour, and I'll be an even more happy bunny!!! :D

They are sound out in fairness. I asked for water and one of the cabin crew gave it to me and said it was free (that could have been for that day I'm not sure)

Will use them again and have no hesitation in recommending them. The delay was because some other plane they had was banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

I ordered 11 books from this company yesterday at 1.30 pm.They arrived 9.30 this morning!
    Absolutely outstanding service from an Irish company.

vandriver wrote: »
    I ordered 11 books from this company yesterday at 1.30 pm.They arrived 9.30 this morning!

I was too afraid to order from them this year after last years palaver!
    I had ordered books early in the summer holidays, ended up, the week before school started, having to go to Easons and buy, and cancel schoolbooks.ie order....

Good

Which company?

Read the title!

• Advertisement

Read the title!

The titles don't show when using the touch site...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Read the title!

The titles of posts don't show up on the touch site, it can be a bit confusing :)

Good
    Read the title!

The thread title is best and worst customer service. Nothing showing on your post about the company concerned.

It's schoolbooks.ie as it clearly states in the title of my post

Good

Please read the many replies explaining that your title is not visible on touch screen or mobile devices. I'm looking at it now.

A civil question expected a civil reply!

I just changed my phone browser to mobile sites,and true enough no title!(I never use the touch site on my phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Good

Apart from the bit where you're forced to pay for a seat if you want to check in more than 30 hours in advance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Recently I have been in the market for a number of services while trying to get a business off the ground. I have found customer services provided in ireland so poor that their must be a massive amount of lost business for companies that makes me wonder if this entire recession thing is real.

First I needed to rent a location. I rang a number of estate agents, at least ten. The majority wouldn't callback ( some never answered their phones) and so i needed to chase them. After viewing a few properties I made further queries on 2 and offers on 2. One of the agents never rang me back so when i got him on the phone he said the landlord was away and would follow up on his return in a couple of days. 2weeks later and i had to chase him down again, apparently the landlord was still on holidays . I never heard from him again. The 2nd got back to me with the info I required. The first offer i made was acknowledged but after promising to revert back to us he never did, No negotiation, No can you increase your offer, just no more contact. The last went thru everything and then after agreeing terms and shaking hands he came back to say he was sorry he didnt realise building couldnt be used for what we wanted, Time and money wasted.

Alll 3 of those properties are still on the market. If i was trying to let a property I would be very worried about how many potential tenants these estate agents are passing up on a daily basis.

Secondly i needed insurance. Same story, impossible to get a callback, finally when i did, guy takes all my info and never rings back with quote. Only one broker was able to deal with my call first time and provide a quote.

Third, I was checking for shop fitters, rang a few place, dropped into a few. Gave in measurements to 3 companies and detailed info on what i was looking for, Nobody rang back.

So across a few different sectors in Irish business customers are struggling to spend their money and do business,. If these people were working for me they would be out the door. We hear of so many companies going bust these days, well if the people who are working for them dont care about bringing in revenue and customers I am not surprised.

Any Business owners or management types reading this I hope your keeping a close eye on your frontline staff. How much business are they letting slip by.

I am sure we have all come across poor service but while getting this project off the ground I have been left dumbfounded by the extreme level of incompetence or just the amount of not giving a S**T that goes on.

MOH wrote: »
    Apart from the bit where you're forced to pay for a seat if you want to check in more than 30 hours in advance :rolleyes:

Ryanair & Easyjet do this as well. It's not a showstopper to me. I book in for free, get an aisle seat with AL and all is well...

Another kudos for Amazon. Ordered some cosmetics from them. There was a 3 for 2 offer on some of them. Got the order this morning, looked at the delivery note and discovered the discount was not correctly applied and I was overcharged. One phone call later - all sorted out. Card to be refunded, and a £5 gift cert for my inconvenience!

Another satisfied customer. Amazon really have their CS nailed tight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I find Parcel Motel to be a great bunch of lads,
    I recently signed up to them to avail of Free UK
    deliverys on amazon. They keep you updated
    for your parcel via text messages that are clear
    and concise and they save you a good few euro
    on post too.

Will likely be using them a lot!

+1 for Parcel Motel. It's a great service in itself. But they've been class to deal with as a customer too, "clear and concise" as you say.

Advertisement