Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merging this into the best/worst service thread, as you already have the issue resolved.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Dortilolma wrote: »
    I'm more than a little p**sed at Argos at the moment and just feel like giving out every where I can.

We ordered some items for delivery - all marked with 10 days delivery but after we bought them the delivery was scheduled for 3 weeks later. We grumbled about this but we accepted sometimes that happens.

Items are meant to be delivered in 48 hours and today got a call from Argos to say our items still weren't in the warehouse and they asked to push out the delivery by another 2 weeks! :eek:

All of this delays us moving into our new house and we've booked the van and everything!

I told Argos to cancel the order and we managed to get the items from Powercity and Matress.ie. I have to say the people at Matress.ie were lovely and checked for me to see if the items we wanted could be delivered by the weekend. They can an I'm feeling very warm towards them at the moment.

Anybody had similar experiences with Argos?

Some friends of mine had a similar time with Argos over the summer; they ordered a BBQ and were told it would come in 10 days. 10 days passed and no sign of a delivery. They rang up and were told it would be another 2 weeks. After 2 weeks they said it would be another 2 weeks. It took 3 months for the BBQ to arrive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Ive given good feedback to Amazon to before on this thread but they deserve it again.

Bought a toshiba blu ray smart capabilities for a present for someone, they told me they had stopped using it because it froze completely on streaming stuff requiring reboot. Upgraded to latest firmware still the same issue. The interface was awful as well really dated looking...

The item was a few weeks old at this stage, no original packaging or even booklets.. but raised a return order on amazon, packaged it up as best I could returned it beginning of week, got notification from amazon refund being processed. No questions asked...

Excellent service and free return shipping I can see no reason why anyone would not give amazon a chance. If things dont work out great returns policy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

PayPal customer care are absolutely atrocious to deal with - usually I am put through to the Irish call centre and anyone I have spoken to have been just the rudest and most ignorant human beings on the planet. They treat me like s**t time and time again.

On a good note, Amazon are excellent. Flawless customer care and that live chat facility is so damn handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Totally agree. Amazon's customer service is the gold standard all companies should aspire to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

Some friends of mine had a similar time with Argos over the summer; they ordered a BBQ and were told it would come in 10 days. 10 days passed and no sign of a delivery. They rang up and were told it would be another 2 weeks. After 2 weeks they said it would be another 2 weeks. It took 3 months for the BBQ to arrive!!

Wow, your friend was very patient.

In the past I've never really had any issue with Argos - then again its been years since I ordered for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

Big shout out to two companies I recently had the pleasure in dealing with.....

1. Bose in Dundrum Town Centre
    Needed a replacement set of cushions for headphones....emailed Bose and they got back to me within an hour with a price...gave them to a friend to drop into the shop and they did the job on the spot, took the bones of 5 minutes.

2. Meile Ireland
    In my wisdom I broke the extendable part of the vacuum cleaner hose. Emailed Miele the Saturday just gone by and I got a phone call from them at quarter past nine this morning (Monday). A replacement part should be delivered in approx. 3 days.

Such a nice experience, being the recipient of good customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Big shout out to two companies I recently had the pleasure in dealing with.....

1. Bose in Dundrum Town Centre
    Needed a replacement set of cushions for headphones....emailed Bose and they got back to me within an hour with a price...gave them to a friend to drop into the shop and they did the job on the spot, took the bones of 5 minutes.

Such a nice experience, being the recipient of good customer service!

+1 I had dealings with them before and never had a problem. Staff are very professional and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Have to commend Hotpoint customer service. I rang them when a part in my machine came loose and fell off. Fair enough its under warranty but they sent the replacement part + spares and offered to send out a person to fit the part if I couldnt do it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Had a good experience with BT I'd like to share.

Bought a set of saucepans in there a couple of weeks ago. Got them home, and promptly threw out the old set to make room for the new. Unpacked the pans to find that the stockpot included had been used, and a note of what of bought, when and where on the guarantee! :eek:

Got on to BT. They were very apologetic, and promised to sort the matter out. As I now had no pans, they kindly allowed me to use the remainder of the set (which were perfect), and managed to source another set for me.

Picked them up today, and my husband and I were treated to complimentary coffees in the Netespresso Boutique. The coffee was so nice that my husband is now talking about getting a machine for ourselves!

Very pleasant service, and a good experience all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

Great service from Tesco in Lucan this morning when I rang to ask if a product was in stock. It was according to their system and I was given the price. I was then offered a follow up call as the assistant wanted to check it was on the shop floor so I wouldn't have a wasted journey. 5 mins later a call back was received to tell me the items were currently on pallets and would be unloaded later in the day. If I needed it in a hurry, she had given my name to her colleague who would help me further if I came to the store. She was very friendly and showed great interest in me as a customer- many thanks Mairéad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I must say Phillips customer service really impressed me. Have a steam generator iron that is about 6 years old. Tank was leaking so I emailed asking where I could buy a replacement tank and they asked for my address and sent out a new one free of charge. Now that's customer service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭anmhi02

Spec savers in Kilkenny....had an elderly patient on the ward that needed his glasses picked up but as he was admitted, couldn't. Rang spec savers and a lovely girl dropped them out on her way home...that's above and beyond in my opinion. Well done them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Daemos wrote: »
    Argos are really annoying me lately. Bought a bed from them that turned out to be made of glorified cardboard, and is falling apart after only two months. Send them an email a few days ago showing them pictures to prove it, and they agree to exchange it for another item

Today I ring them up looking for the exchange. They tell me that, for some reason, they can't. I ask why, and the person I'm talking to, who in fairness isn't to blame, has to go away and find out what's wrong

After 20 minutes on the phone I'm finally told that, for some reason, the item I want instead is not in their system, and that she has to send off the request to someone else to process, and that they'll ring me back in the next two days

Now the item I wanted is on special offer right now, and that offer expires today. What are the chances I'll get it at the special offer price? Slim, I'd say :rolleyes:
    An update on the latest failings of Argos. Delivery men came today to deliver the new bed, great... but they had no record of having to pick up the old one, and since they weren't given instructions to pick it up, they couldn't take it. Not their fault, they're just doing their job

Ring up Argos, no explanation of why the order to collect the broken bed failed to register, just a half-hearted apology. Eventually I'm given a new date for them to pick it up - November 5th! Seriously, are they sending the bloody truck from Timbuktu?!

If it wasn't for the fact that the old bed has to be returned for the price to be taken off the new one, I'd happily chop it up for firewood, or better yet start a bonfire outside my local branch with it

Never using Argos Home Delivery again, unbelievably poor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Thumbs up for Viking - I always find them very pleasant to deal with.

I bought printer cartridges from them the other day. Install one of them yesterday and it did not work. I rang them late yesterday evening and they had a new one out to me this morning.

Excellent service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

A random one, but the TV licence inspector was going up and down our street yesterday, looking for a few people in particular - made more difficult than it should have been because there are no house numbers on our street

When he reached our house and saw who was living here he immediately knew he had the wrong house, and was full of apologies for wasting our time - all of 15 seconds - and moved on without even looking for the licence. Considering the stress I've had over the last few days, it was a welcome relief to deal with someone friendly for a change

Licence inspectors aren't a popular breed, so I felt like sharing that they're not all bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I noticed this where I live etc. The one time they have called to me they were apologies as they thought my house was a different number. Very pleasant to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 radar_marglar

TEENOSO it seems that shop aint changed. still a total rip off with faulty repairs over 9 weeks to get my console back after several tries and still broke. no refund either. CONSOLEPROS.IE never again

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

The church pub in dublin....it was one of the really hot days every one was sitting outside so there was no where left to sit. One of the bar staff went and bought out table and chairs for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CG111

I've had very bad experiences recently with Tesco Mobile...

I tried to topup several times via their tescomobile.ie website and I received an error code each time. The next day I tried again and received the same issues. A few days later I received a call from the fraud department in mastercard alerting me of numerous topups from Tesco. I emailed Tesco to complain and I was told that the money should be refunded within 5 days. I received NO APPOLOGY whatsoever from Tesco for the error on THEIR part. I will never attempt to topup via their website again.

Besides that, I went to Tesco customer service in their shopping center to request a new sim package. The woman at the desk did not have a clue what she was doing. It took 20 minutes to receive the sim card package. Experienced people should be put on customer service but that was not the case here for sure. I then proceeded to ring tesco customer care to get my number transferred to this new sim. I listened to all the Tesco automated intro and finally got a service rep at 7.50. The rep obviously wanted to go home because she finished at 8 so she pretended that I rang o2 customer care by mistake.. there was no chance whatsoever that I had rang o2. A blatant lie by someone who should be fired.

The next day I tried going into tesco shopping center again (this time a different one) and asked to have my number transferred. This rep was more intelligent as she was soley assigned to deal with tesco mobile queries but she said that if I wanted to transfer my current tesco number to a new Tesco sim that I would lose my double or triple credit bonus. This was a lie as I asked what if I lost my sim.. she then said that Id still have my bonus in that case. In other words she couldnt be bothered to transfer the number for me.

I wanted to change my sim as the data connection is poor. Each time I turn off my data or go on wifi I need to reboot my phone in order to get the data connection back again. I was told that changing my sim may fix the issue..

Anyway Im very disappointed with the poor service from multiple tesco employees. I wanted to share this as I dont think Tesco should be getting away with these actions. They need to have a good look at their existing employees and their recruitment process as this is just not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Schuh Jervis street has the best customer service I've ever encountered in a shop. They are so friendly, polite and helpful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

cat_dog wrote: »
    Schuh Jervis street has the best customer service I've ever encountered in a shop. They are so friendly, polite and helpful.

I'll vote the polar opposite.

They advised they were keeping a pair of 44's for me to get my wife.
    I drove over 50 miles- only to be told- they were sold out of that fashion of 44s for weeks- and they tried to upsell me to a different style shoe (I had quoted the product number before hand- and driven an hour to get there- and paid for parking- specifically, to get a particular shoe that my wife had been admiring online). I managed to get it online after a sole pair popped up on their EU website- but then had to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive from Denmark.

I'll never shop there ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good

I drove over 50 miles- only to be told- they were sold out of that fashion of 44s for weeks- and they tried to upsell me to a different style shoe (I had quoted the product number before hand- and driven an hour to get there- and paid for parking- specifically, to get a particular shoe that my wife had been admiring online). I managed to get it online after a sole pair popped up on their EU website- but then had to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive from Denmark.

I agree with you. I was in there during the Summer with the OH and they acted like they couldn't care less if they sold anything or not

Liked the "sole pair" pun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

I agree with you. I was in there during the Summer with the OH and they acted like they couldn't care less if they sold anything or not

Liked the "sole pair" pun.

That's too bad :( Are you guys talking about the Jervis Street branch? I've been in there numerous times and they've always been consistantly nice & helpful to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    Yes Jervis Street. It is where the comment was about wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tesco Clearwater, got great service there last night buying a Laptop, guy told me to comeback today to get some accessories on sale that were full price last night rather than pay full price there and then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

cat_dog wrote: »
    That's too bad :( Are you guys talking about the Jervis Street branch?

Yes, Jervis Street. I don't go into Dublin often- and I can well do without that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you want me to move this thread to the Talk to Tesco Mobile forum, to see if the reps there can help you?

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CG111

No thanks, there's nothing I need help with. This is a complaint and I want everyone to see exactly what their service is like. I decided to post here for that very reason instead of complaining to Tesco themselves. I've wasted enough time speaking to their employees as described above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Jules_G

+1 for schuh. The Liffey valley branch and their online service, I found them excellent

Advertisement