Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

PeteK* wrote: »
    Do they not contact you at €130(?) or something?

no nothing... was a bit shocked. I have used o2 before and they alert you pretty much on the ball.
    But this was a joke. Wouldn't mind been with them quite a while and their attitude was too bad.
    Will advise anyone to stay clear of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pink Fox

I bough 3 x Chicago Town Twin Pack Pizzas that were on special offer in Dunnes Stores in The Mill in Clondalkin. I was checking my receipt before I left the store and noticed that I had been charged the full price for the pizzas. I went to the Customer Service desk to claim back the difference and to my pleasant surprise I was refunded the full price of the pizzas. The girl explained that was their policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Junglewoman

Great service from UPC. Service agent talked me through possible remedies for a fault over the phone but arranged for an engineer to call this morning. I got a reminder text message during the week and a phone call when he was 10 mins away. All done and dusted and the very courteous engineer has just left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Just had the best service from Amazon. My Kindle's battery has been getting progressively worse over the last couple of weeks to the point where it doesn't charge anymore. Just gave them a call and they're going to send out a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Heatons , The Square , Tallaght (Clothing) they have the RUDEST staff manning the tills.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Heatons , The Square , Tallaght (Clothing) they have the RUDEST staff manning the tills.

Oooh- at least they have staff manning the tills. In Maynooth I had to search for a staff member to pay- I'm not joking- no-one there at all. Sometimes I wonder how they are still in business........

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

They are probably p1ssed off because their garden ware is on sale in Dealz next door for a fraction of what they're charging... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Just had the best service from Amazon. My Kindle's battery has been getting progressively worse over the last couple of weeks to the point where it doesn't charge anymore. Just gave them a call and they're going to send out a new one.

New Kindle arrived yesterday. Big thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

Hi All, probably flogging a dead horse but.. Sky.

Had a contract last year, due to expire 10 November. Rang August 8th to inquire about cancelling, they informed me I was locked into a contract for the next three months, fair enough I can accept that. I was told when setting up the account.

I asked the chap on the other end, Alan, do I need to ring back to cancel. He said usually you have to ring a month prior to expiry of the contract to cancel but since I was leaving my house and was definitely not renewing he would ensure it was done. Grand.

Fast forward 6 months later I checked my bank account and lo and behold Sky had taken out 28 Euro!! Half a year later and they decide to re activate my account. This is where the fun began, I contacted their call centre and explained what happened and the first guy Liam said there was no mention of a promise to cancel on the notes on my account. I explained this wasn't my fault but theirs and it was time to speak to a manager. After much stalling he agreed to transfer me, five minutes on hold and they hang up on me!! I ring back and get through to David this time, same malarky again.. stall stall stall, ok I'll get a manager for you now *CLICK.. hung up again. Third call and 50 Mins later I get through to Darren the manager... who informs me to query the call I have to go to sky.com/contactus and request a recording and the best he can do is transfer me to the accounts department to cancel my account.

Completely dejected I talked to Lisa who in fairness was pleasant and kind of helpful but it was too little to late I asked them to cancel the contract, delete my details and never to contact me again. It was such a frustrating effort to even get that far I cant face trying to request a recording from them and argue the case to get 28 Euro back off them I'm just going to let them have it an do my utmost to dissuade anyone I can from using them.

Their customer service is awful, the way they treat people is disgusting and their ethos is to extract money from people by any means possible. The devil is in the detail with them and they are structured to trip you up at every step. Being with them is a gauntlet of hidden charges and sneaky contracts.

Shame on them.

Rant over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Good
    Mick55, get on to your bank and tell them the amount debited is in dispute and you want it returned. Read up on the new SEPA rules that banks must comply with. http://www.readyforsepa.ie/consumer.html Tell them you forbid any and all future DD's from sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

ken wrote: »
    Mick55, get on to your bank and tell them the amount debited is in dispute and you want it returned. Read up on the new SEPA rules that banks must comply with. http://www.readyforsepa.ie/consumer.html Tell them you forbid any and all future DD's from sky.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Oooh- at least they have staff manning the tills. In Maynooth I had to search for a staff member to pay- I'm not joking- no-one there at all. Sometimes I wonder how they are still in business........

Totally brutal staff in Maynooth and when you do ask someone to serve you, they tut, roll eyes, scowl and sometimes audibly bitch to the staff member they were chatting to, about having to serve you... Eh sweetheart you are supposed to be on tills, you can face off and chat your buddies when no customer is around, and for the love of god, dont make such a meal of being asked to man a till! Last time I was there, had huge amount of stuff, but the rude staffs response to being asked if someone could check out my purchases, well I went back to homewares and returned all I intended buying and walked out... I ought have left them at the till ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

Nightline couriers. Had a guy deliver a package to me last week absloutely lashing rain down on him, he was so polite and even said hello "....." Don't know his name, he serves the Castlegar area in Galway...and has a beard. (Great description)......hope his boss is reading this.

Brilliant service on a depressing day.....give that man a pay rise..:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    Snowshower wrote: »
    Nightline couriers. Had a guy deliver a package to me last week absloutely lashing rain down on him, he was so polite and even said hello "....." Don't know his name, he serves the Castlegar area in Galway...and has a beard. (Great description)......hope his boss is reading this.

Brilliant service on a depressing day.....give that man a pay rise..:

In a case like that I'd normally drop a line to the company themselves. A little praise and civility goes a long way. I think we don't acknowledge good service enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Bad customer service :mad:
    Vodafone
    Longford Omniplex
    UPC

Good Customer Service :)
    Boots
    Debenhams
    IMC Cinema Tallaght
    Argos
    Dominoes (Om nom nom nom)
    & a gazillion B&B & Hotels I have stayed in...too many to name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

In a case like that I'd normally drop a line to the company themselves. A little praise and civility goes a long way. I think we don't acknowledge good service enough.

I always try and do this. :) We always make time to give out about bad service but never to thank people for good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I have a great little Sekonda watch that I use for everyday. Lost the little loop that hold the strap in place. Sent them an email - got a reply next day to say they would send on a couple. Two arrived in the post on Friday, with a personal message from the person who sent me the mail.

Professional and excellent customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

anewme wrote: »
    I have a great little Sekonda watch that I use for everyday. Lost the little loop that hold the strap in place. Sent them an email - got a reply next day to say they would send on a couple. Two arrived in the post on Friday, with a personal message from the person who sent me the mail.

Professional and excellent customer service.
    I can second the excellent customer service from this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elheffe

littlewoods...... what a joke... the worst customer service I have ever came across..... idots..... the purpose of every business is to get and keep customers, littlewoods don't recognise this major concept. i will never deal with them again....

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Wouldn't buy a thing from Littlewoods.
    I got a voucher for Ladybird, the kids clothes shop, and they closed down, leaving the voucher as useless.
    Suddenly I find Littlewoods are selling on their behalf.
    Don't see any value in buying from them, much better deals online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭knarkypants

I had placed an order with them after christmas. They sent they wrong item so I returned it via parcel motel. The item I returned then got lost and they tried to accuse me of not returning it at all. I had sent them a copy of the barcode I used for parcel motel, the email receipt for when it was collected and the tracking number. I eventually got refunded the money and left it to them to chase the parcel.

Absolute idiots. Just look on their facebook page and you'll see the amount of complaints they have. Will never deal with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Wife set up an account with them and she hasn't had any prob with them. Have returned the odd thing for "does not fit" etc and I sent them back through my parcel motel account. Account gest credited back about two weeks later.
    Some stuff wasn't in stock, but got sent on when back in.
    Find it to be handy when pricing is good. Just my own experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jason b

I would hardly call Harvey Normans a good retailer, in respect to their Carrickmines branch anyway.
    I have had nothing less then the most unprofessional service there.

From not writing down the correct details on an invoice, to not taking a phone number, to rudeness and complete lack of interest in their jobs. I have had the misfortune of having to return a product for repair having already been delayed nearly six weeks longer than necesary to get the product in the first place. Six times, from different members of staff i was told my invoice had not been paid when it had been. SIX TIMES!! The incompetence is astounding! While I have nothing against Harvey Normans I think this particular branch is a joke! As a business owner myself I am shocked at how they operate.

Checking the charger and not checking and sending away the device in question... I rest my case!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts about Harvey Normans and Littlewoods moved to the Best/Worst Customer Service thread as they were not directly relevant to the topic of the original thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

I usually shop at Tesco for anything I can't get in Aldi but as they've become very dear lately I've been going to Dunnes.
    The last two times I was there I felt the checkout girls were only short of spitting in my face!! On both occassions I handed my club card to the girl and it was flung back at me.
    The shopping was lashed down to the far corner of the bagging area, tins thrown on top of crisps etc.
    No please/thanks.

Where do they get these people? I know we can all have an "off" day but it's like as if they are trained not to give a fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Fiolina wrote: »
    I usually shop at Tesco for anything I can't get in Aldi but as they've become very dear lately I've been going to Dunnes.
    The last two times I was there I felt the checkout girls were only short of spitting in my face!! On both occassions I handed my club card to the girl and it was flung back at me.
    The shopping was lashed down to the far corner of the bagging area, tins thrown on top of crisps etc.
    No please/thanks.

Where do they get these people? I know we can all have an "off" day but it's like as if they are trained not to give a fcuk.

Auld wan or young wan? The younger staff i find tend to be more courteous. Theres exceptions on both sides, but generally if theres 2 free checkouts, i go to the younger one.

Auld wan or young wan? The younger staff i find tend to be more courteous. Theres exceptions on both sides, but generally if theres 2 free checkouts, i go to the younger one.

Both of these women were mid 50's I'd say (oul wans). You're right about the younger staff, most of them are grand. I had head a rumour before that the older staff were pissed off because their hours were being cut so maybe that's the reason but it's no excuse for rudeness.

My daughter has to do bag packing there tomorrow so I hope she doesn't end up with one of these weapons :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    Fiolina wrote: »
    No please/thanks.

Did you speak too a manager about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

As a daughter of one of those 'Dunnes oul wans' it's not an easy job. How do you act around customers, Fiolina?

I know some cashiers are rude but as a veteran of the other side of the counter I am astonished that a lot of people don't realise how they act when they are in a shop and how difficult they make shop worker's lives...

Sorry Fiolina, playing devil's advocate :P

• Advertisement

Did you speak too a manager about it?

The manager is as bad (maybe that's where the staff get it from). I didn't speak to him on this occassion as I was in a hurry. I had spoken to him before about another issue and got the impression he couldn't give a damn. He's one of these kind of guys who likes parading around the shop floor, having the "banter" with the staff. Totally useless. I think I just won't bother going back there again.

Advertisement