Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

yopy wrote: »
    No Nonsense -

Put my premium up by €35 despite not having a claim. "Everyone's went up" is not a satisfactory answer!!

That's standard practice for insurers. They're hoping you either don't notice or don't care enough about €35 to shop around.

Personally I check one of the comparison websites as soon as one of my contracts is up (phone, broadband, insurance, etc.) to get the best price. Recently I've gotten a tenner off my home insurance and saved 70 quid over the course of the year on my home phone and internet bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Needed a new pair of specs, so decided to give Vision Express a try as I liked their range of glasses. This was back in April.

Got an eye test, chose a nice pair of glasses, they threw in a second pair free, so I had them made into reading glasses. All good so far...

Couple of weeks ago, I developed a rash. Turned out I am allergic to my new glasses, even though they're plastic! Very surprised, as I've been wearing plastic frames since childhood with no problems. So I called the store today, just to ask them to ask the manufacturer what the glasses actually contained. I'd resigned myself to struggling on with the glasses until I could afford to replace them.

Vision Express were nothing but helpful. They told me to come in immediately. I showed them the rash. They asked me to choose another frame in the same range, and will exchange them FOC.

Great service, once again, and I can't tell you how relieved I am! Looking forward to allergy-free glasses once again!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qwertyabcd

My dads lung collapsed just before my parents were due to go on holidays, two letters and a consultants letter later and a credit note was issued (they had planned another holiday later this year so they it covered those flights), despite all the bad press Ryanair get we found them fantastic to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Worst experiences, in no particular order...

Eircom
    AIB
    Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bilko47

I have to say I got a car there an found bill to b a stright talker. He gave me a good price on my car and a good price on d one I got. I got it checked out and so far so good. He was good with our son. He sells a lot of cars and surly they all can't be gerat so get any second hand car checked out. But I will b goin back he is in business a long time which does count.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Yes Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hmm a little but suspicious that bills very first post is about bills motors.

On another note, where is the issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

I'd steer well clear. The cars are cheap for a reason. Sent me home in a death trap with two kids in the car, luckily I'm still here to tell the tale.

Hmm a little but suspicious that bills very first post is about bills motors.

On another note, where is the issue?

Eh I just signed up to dis to make a reply to someone else dat was there issue and my name is Sean not bill

2013Lara wrote: »
    I'd steer well clear. The cars are cheap for a reason. Sent me home in a death trap with two kids in the car, luckily I'm still here to tell the tale.

Why not get d car checked out first, I wud even if I wasn't putting my 2 children in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merging this thread into Best/Worst Customer Service, as there is no explicit Consumer Issue here

@bilko47 - please note that posting in txtspk or shorted text is not allowed on Boards. Full language posts please.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

bilko47 wrote: »
    Eh I just signed up to dis to make a reply to someone else dat was there issue and my name is Sean not bill

Ok Sean. At least the grammar has improved :)

daveohdave wrote: »
    Yes Bill.

Hay muppet my name is sean bilko47 was my nickname from d army as in sarge bilko

qwertyabcd wrote: »
    My dads lung collapsed just before my parents were due to go on holidays, two letters and a consultants letter later and a credit note was issued (they had planned another holiday later this year so they it covered those flights), despite all the bad press Ryanair get we found them fantastic to deal with.

I found Ryanair great to deal with once ur early an keep ta d conditions day are great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

@Bilko47, you're new here so you might not fully understand the rules of being civil to other posters and not using txtspeak. Please read the forum charter before posting again.

slimjimmc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

bilko47 wrote: »
    Hay muppet my name is sean bilko47 was my nickname from d army as in sarge bilko

Glad to see that language, manners and expressing yourself in an coherent manner is still being practiced in your local Barracks.

@veryangryman No need at all to continue this discussion, following the previous moderator warnings.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

dudara wrote: »
    @veryangryman No need at all to continue this discussion, following the previous moderator warnings.

dudara

The 5 thanks say otherwise, but duly noted in this undemocratic forum.

The 5 thanks say otherwise, but duly noted in this undemocratic forum.

Please do not argue a moderator's decision on thread. There are other avenues to have this discussion.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

An order I placed with Book Depository arrived today but one of the books was incorrect. Within a few hours of contacting them and providing them with a few details they're sending me on the book I was missing and I get to keep the incorrect book (which actually cost more than the three books of my original order put together) for free. Very polite as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Laya are my bad guys of the week. Overcharged me by about 40%, I phoned them, they promised to refund that payment within the week and average out the balance over the remaining months (I threatened to get the DD reversed under the DD guarantee scheme). No sign of refund three weeks later..."oh we decided we wouldn't charge you for the next month and we'll refund the small difference between the right amount and the wrong amount". Totally different pay period..I hate when companies play God with my finances, was relying on that refund.

Their customer care people are beyond useless and unhelpful. Lots of awkward silences on the phone. Not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

athtrasna wrote: »
    Laya are my bad guys of the week. Overcharged me by about 40%, I phoned them, they promised to refund that payment within the week and average out the balance over the remaining months (I threatened to get the DD reversed under the DD guarantee scheme). No sign of refund three weeks later..."oh we decided we wouldn't charge you for the next month and we'll refund the small difference between the right amount and the wrong amount". Totally different pay period..I hate when companies play God with my finances, was relying on that refund.

Their customer care people are beyond useless and unhelpful. Lots of awkward silences on the phone. Not impressed.

I would raise a complaint then. Overcharging is a serious matter IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I would raise a complaint then. Overcharging is a serious matter IMO.

Yeah..letter going in the post tomorrow. Infuriatingly they don't have direct emails, well they don't give them out. I know who it's going to but can't email. Going to make a complaint about the DD to IRECC as they have breached the terms of the direct debit scheme by taking more than was authorised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

THANKS to An Post for delivering my replacement Griffon Technologies smartphone controllable Chopper specially in a Van which called to the neighborhood. Bit early mind you but Happy Ending :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭StevieNicksFan

First Ireland Car Insurance - cant
    praise the guy I was speaking to highly enough. After ringing round endless insurance companies trying to get quotes (I have an open claim on an old policy, hit by an uninsured driver, very messy and very hard to get a quote) this guy went above and beyond to try and get me any quote he could. Very sympathetic to my situation. Rang me 3 times over the course of the day verifying details etc and always rang when he said he would. I wasnt expecting him to be able to quote me at all but he did and the quote ended up being extremely reasonable which was even more of a bonus. I actually would have considered choosing them anyway because their customer service is so good. Friendliest insurance company ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭onlineweb

Been to Mothercare a few times over the last month. I've no idea if the staff receive training but their customer service is appalling.

Has anybody had a similar experience of bad customer service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved from Parenting to Consumer Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Mothercare in cork is also beyond obnoxious. You feel like a pillock asking staff for any product in there... They are always superbusy chatting to eachother. They are all "that's not my area" or "dunno, might be in stock next week" or anything they can come up with to fob you off. Cannot stand their attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I've worked in customer service myself for years - mix of retail and online services - so I hate being THAT customer... But I have been twice recently and both companies were great.

Conn's Cameras - ordered photo prints and got a bit worried when they hadn't arrived a few days later (previous orders had arrived within 2 days). I rang to ask if they'd been dispatched as I was going to be in town later that day & could collect them - turns out my address was missing a line, so God only knows where they ended up. No idea how that happened (probably my mistake :( ) - address was right on one page but wrong on the important shipping page - but they reprinted them free of charge for me to pick up an hour later. (First set never arrived, but I bought extra stuff when I picked them up so they at least didn't lose too much from me!) :)

Domino's Tallaght - I stupidly clicked "Collection" instead of "Delivery" after arriving home knackered, freezing and rain-soaked after the late shift in work. Only realised when the pizza tracker showed "Ready for Collection". I called them and the driver left immediately, had my desperately-needed food within 15min :D

• Advertisement

Merged into the Best/Worst Customer Service thread

dudara

Advertisement